Shut-out wins are unsustainable.

There is absolutely no way we can continue to count on 9 sacks per game to shut people out. We seriously need to add an average of 4 inches to our vertical leaps across the board or there is no way we can prevent people from ever scoring. I mean dang...do we really want to rely on having to get into field goal range EVERY SINGLE GAME in order to win? Let's not all get too excited. This win was obviously a fluke. Clearly we are not getting enough safeties, and until we do, I just can't truly believe this is a playoff team.

:beer::lol::worthy:

Yes, and let's not forget that Fitz, while adequate (barely) for the time being, is nothing more than a journeyman backup - and this team is going nowhere without a 'franchise QB' .

Toward that end, lets not forget that we should be positioning ourselves to either lose as many games as we possibly can - or be willing trade our entire roster and every draft pick for the next 5 years - for the chance to get Andy Luck.

(It's the only way the Bills will ever become a winning team :w00t:)

Seriously though, I'd just love to hear from all the 'stats-heads' with too much time on their hands and their reams of data showing how totally predictable today's Bills defensive blowout was, had I only bothered to look at their infallible statistical models :rolleyes:

When it comes to football, statistical models are great for those who want to scrutinize the minutia of what has already occurred, but quite useless for predicting what will happen next.

Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures. - Evan Esar

GO BILLSSS!!!!

17 and 2 baby!!!!! B-)

There is absolutely no way we can continue to count on 9 sacks per game to shut people out. We seriously need to add an average of 4 inches to our vertical leaps across the board or there is no way we can prevent people from ever scoring. I mean dang...do we really want to rely on having to get into field goal range EVERY SINGLE GAME in order to win? Let's not all get too excited. This win was obviously a fluke. Clearly we are not getting enough safeties, and until we do, I just can't truly believe this is a playoff team.

Yup - the defense didn't score any points this week. I think we should cut everybody and start over. Bahahahaaaaa!

:beer:

Great win today Buffalo. You're on your way!

Another great thread title to go with the "Maybin sack" one.

Seriously, this thread relates to the earlier "unsustainable" one in this way:

The Bills were losing the turnover battle 0-2 and winning the game before they got two of their own takeaways.

Also, there is a reason turnovers are called takeaways as opposed to giveaways. However, I think Tony Romo's turnovers can be fairly deemed giveaways a good percentage of the time. :D

The OP is right.

We can't really have any confidence in the Bills untill they prove that they can get behind by a few touchdowns and still come back and win the game.

:wallbash:

So, was it the bashing of your head against the wall that killed your sense of sarcasm?

This thread is classic... and the fact that so many people have assumed that the "critique" is real shows how downright weird some of the actual negative posts around here have been. :thumbsup:

Also- time to delare Darius a bust...

P.S. Ralph is cheap... Fitz's deal was Peso's not dollars

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more