Robert quinn

NoSaint

Of all the days to post this thread....

:oops:

Dareus was a beast today. He crumpled the pocket over and over.

Wasnt meant to be a troll thread. Was just watching the saints game and a player I watched a lot predraft played well. Curious how he looked the rest of the year. Even prefaced it with saying dareus was the right pick. Simple around the league interest, but I see how people would think otherwise.

Between the suspension, brain tumor and FREAK measurables I had a hard time projecting him to the NFL. Huge potential meet huge flags.

Honestly I'd enjoy more around the league discussion without it being a knock on our guys.

Do not interpret this post as me not liking Quinn… I think he's gonna be great.

Here are the rookie sack leaders:

Jason Pierre-Paul (drafted last year but didn't play) 7.5

Von Miller (no, as most knew, he is NOT another Maybin) 6.0, 2 FF

Aldon Smith (my fave pass rusher from this draft) 5.5

Jabaal Sheard (who I wanted the Bills to take in the 2nd round) 2.5

Robert Quinn 2.0 (including 1 today)

Buh? Didn't watch much of the G-men last year, huh?

http://www.nfl.com/player/jasonpierre-paul/496843/profile

Pierre-Paul played all 16 games and had 4.5 sacks. Very promising rookie season. Of course, if this was baseball, maybe he'd still count as a rookie this year, since he didn't play enough downs last year.

Wasnt meant to be a troll thread. Was just watching the saints game and a player I watched a lot predraft played well. Curious how he looked the rest of the year. Even prefaced it with saying dareus was the right pick. Simple around the league interest, but I see how people would think otherwise.

Between the suspension, brain tumor and FREAK measurables I had a hard time projecting him to the NFL. Huge potential meet huge flags.

Honestly I'd enjoy more around the league discussion without it being a knock on our guys.

I don't doubt any of this.

My post is strictly limited to the timing...and laughing at it.

Irony, ya know?

Buh? Didn't watch much of the G-men last year, huh?

http://www.nfl.com/p.../496843/profile

Pierre-Paul played all 16 games and had 4.5 sacks. Very promising rookie season. Of course, if this was baseball, maybe he'd still count as a rookie this year, since he didn't play enough downs last year.

Yes I had him confused… can you guess who with?

I agree with No Saint BTW… I wish there was more NFL discussion on this forum… obviously I'm a huge Bills fan but also a huge NFL fan.

Other rookies that are looking great this year include Cam Newton who is an AMAZING player.

Also, Christian Ponder looks excellent.

Houston's OLB Reed Brooks has become a starter in the wake of the injury to Mario Williams and Reed has been excellent… I believe he also has 2 sacks.

Brooks Reed is the man, was hoping we would take him in the second.

Yes I had him confused… can you guess who with?

I agree with No Saint BTW… I wish there was more NFL discussion on this forum… obviously I'm a huge Bills fan but also a huge NFL fan.

Brandon Graham who is still out for Philly?

(that was the guy I was afraid would be the first round pick, I'd rather have the Luxurious CJ Spiller 1000 times over Graham was an old Bills' regime pick. Quick first step, Big 10, crap written all over him)

Edited by Why So Serious?

It's shaping up to have been a great draft - a big talent infusion like this is great for the league. Newton, Dalton, and Ponder already seem like top-level QBs, with Gabbert churning along and Kaepernick and Locker stuck behind revitalized vets. AJ Green is a beast, and yeah, Dareus leads a who cohort of excellent front-7 defenders.

Brandon Graham who is still out for Philly?

(that was the guy I was afraid would be the first round pick, I'd rather have the Luxurious CJ Spiller 1000 times over Graham was an old Bills' regime pick. Quick first step, Big 10, crap written all over him)

I liked Graham and for a young player who had the misfortune of a serious knee injury, he was showing signs of being the good pass rusher he was projected to be. I think he'll be good but the Eagles have two excellent edge rushers already in Trent Cole and Jason Babin… so Graham might not make much impact this year.

But no, he wasn't who I was confusing with Jason Pierre-Paul.

I'ma guess Sergio Kindle.

Good guess, Cash. He's the one.

I'm not sure if they would need to use a first pick on this kind of player, but I wonder if they will try to find another guy to play a role like Bryan Scott is used for. Considering how the Pats and some other teams have been using a dual tight end offense, maybe they should add another defender that can play that kind of role. Basically a "tweener" Safety/Linebacker (please no Maybin jokes, he had no coverage skills anyway), I could see that kind of player becoming more valuable.