Get the Feeling Bills and Sabres will not make playoffs

box0life

Hate to say it, but I think both the Bills and Sabres may not make the playoffs. After good starts both teams appear to be reeling.

Sabres: Any team that loses back to back games to Tampa Bay does not warrant a playoff appearance. That is absolutely unacceptable. Couple that with the pathetic performance against Carolina at home and I see no playoffs. This team has not scored more than 4 goals in a game since game two. They have yet to win at home. They look way over rated. All that money given away and I see a team that has not improved from last year.

Bills: With Merriman gone, Williams perhaps done for the year and Bell struggling with a shoulder problem coupled with a defense that can't sack the quarterback, stop the run or stop the pass how does this team make the playoffs? I for one do not give Fitzpatrick a new contract yet. Let him play out the season. I am still not convinced he can lead this team to the playoffs let alone a super bowl. His interceptions have led to two losses already. The last time we gave somebody a new contract mid season after a good start (Jauron) was an epic failure the rest of the year and beyond. Great job signing Merriman to a two year contract. What a waste. We will pay him nearly 10 million dollars for one sack and nine tackles. That's nearly as bad as Maybin.

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm wrong and just sour and pissed off about Buffalo sports performing pathetically the last two weeks. But things don't look good. If the Bills lose this week, they are done and will not make the playoffs.

Try Beano, maybe the feeling will pass. Or possibly Vagisil... :pirate:

Remember that the Sabs were pretty much done last year until about late December/January and then made that furious push to get in. As for our beloved Bills, enjoy the ride while it lasts. Maybe they'll make the playoffs, maybe they won't. I was never expecting them to this year anyways but they've already supplied a myriad of happy surprises so far, to the point that I'll be able to smile on this season no matter how it ends.

Unless it ends with Fitzy, Stevie, and Freddie all in different uniforms. Then I'll be getting stabby. :censored:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me personally, I went in to each season projecting the Bills would overachieve and beat expectations while the Sabres would underachieve and miss on expectations set because of the off season free agent signings.

Regarding the Bills - I looked at the schedule and said 9 - 7 was doable, because I saw 9 winnable games (not the Pat's or Eagles mind you). If the Bills sweep the rest of their home games, that equates to 9 wins.

Regarding the Sabres, I live in Philly and was very surprised that we signed Ville Leino and for so much crazy money. He has been close to invisible to start the season. It was no mystery that he was not a favorite of Laviolette and I predict he will hit Lindy's dog house soon. I wasn't sure about Regehr and that is because I didn't see a lot of his play when he was in Calgary. He looks to be solid and is justifying his $4M hit. In addition, I thinks folks have forgotten that the Sabres needed the strong late season push just to make the playoffs. Enroth saved (literally) our season late last year. The best move of the off season was signing Erhoff, no question.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a lot of flack when I wrote about this topic back on October 26, 2011, but a lot of what I said was correct.

We should never have given Fitzpatrick that contract extension in the middle of the season. It's Dick Jauron all over again. Why is this front office so stupid???

I got a lot flack about the Sabres also, but this team has no grit and no chemistry. The Bruins game bares that out.

Thanks god the UB Bulls beat Akron. I think that is the only thing weve had to cheer about in about a month.

And I would have expected Fitz to throw for 400 yards with a guy playing under center that had no experience in doing so. With Fitz not knowing where the ball was coming at every snap and him getting heat on almost every play because of scrubs on the o-line, there is no reason for him playing like that after the Bills paid him so much money! :rolleyes:

Oh, and the Sabres only have what...60+ games left to prove that they suck? Let's revisit this one in March, shall we?

I'M pissed too , but given what we had last year & now with all the injuries and lack of depth that both Nix & Gailey have admitted did you really think we were going to make the play offs ??

I like every other true Bills fan was hoping especially with the way we started but were not there yet !! But we will be !!

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by T master