Colemans' back!!

Does anyone still doubt the need for the Bills to draft an OLB first round in 2012?

What do you mean, STILL ? We all agree we need OLB help, but to say 1st round is looking too far ahead. Have to let the draft play out and see who is there in the first and is he worth a 1st roud pick.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how this guy was cut and then only signed to a practice squad. Come to think of it, I don't understand why he was undrafted. He led the SEC in sacks his senior year, he is the third all time leader in sacks in Auburn history (that's an amazing pedigree), he's not undersized...looked awesome in camp and preseason, too. What gives?

Yeah I was wondering about that myself. Also, when he lead the SEC in sacks he did it with a cast on his hand for half the season. Would like to see him get some snaps this Sunday.

I don't understand how this guy was cut and then only signed to a practice squad. Come to think of it, I don't understand why he was undrafted. He led the SEC in sacks his senior year, he is the third all time leader in sacks in Auburn history (that's an amazing pedigree), he's not undersized...looked awesome in camp and preseason, too. What gives?

Short answer - - he was considered a DE/LB "tweener:"

http://www.buffalonews.com/incoming/article47389.ece

So why did someone with that kind of production against elite competition not get drafted?

Coleman carries the dreaded label of "tweener." At 6-foot-1 and 255 pounds, he is considered too short to be a conventional defensive end. He also has limited experience

playing in space and dropping in coverage, major requirements of a 3-4 outside linebacker.