Rogers Centre

SKRAAPY

I think the last line got cut off, I fixed it for you

If it wasn't for the imaginary line drawn accross the lake and river dividing Buffalo and Southern Ontario, no one would have a problem with this. If Rochester had the ability to hold a regular season game, fans would be bringing up playing a game there to grow the team.

I don't get the huge problem here with some fans. If you don't think that Buffalo is a small market that will need help to survive and keep the team in Buffalo, you are living in a bit of a dream world. The only thing that keeps this team from losing large chunks of money every year is the fact that the team is paid off and the stadium is owned by Erie County and paid for.

It wouldn't be a problem at all if the folks at the Toronto games were rabid Bills fans. But they're not. It seems like a third of them are lukewarm Bills fans, another third are just fans of the NFL and are completely indifferent to the Bills, and the remaining third seem to be fans of the opposing team. I doubt we'd have this same problem if the game was played in Rochester.

Sorry, but Toronto is a ****ty sports town. It's the LA of Canada. They can't support a mediocre to bad team if it's not the Maple Leafs (same thing with LA and their non-Lakers teams). Toronto will never get an NFL team, so long as the CFL is still around and new NFL stadiums are still expensive. Why can't all these potential diehard Toronto Bills fans just make the drive over to Orchard Park? The gameday experience here is so much better.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the last line got cut off, I fixed it for you

If it wasn't for the imaginary line drawn accross the lake and river dividing Buffalo and Southern Ontario, no one would have a problem with this. If Rochester had the ability to hold a regular season game, fans would be bringing up playing a game there to grow the team.

I don't get the huge problem here with some fans. If you don't think that Buffalo is a small market that will need help to survive and keep the team in Buffalo, you are living in a bit of a dream world. The only thing that keeps this team from losing large chunks of money every year is the fact that the team is paid off and the stadium is owned by Erie County and paid for.

Don't need a passport to travel to rachacha. Just sayin'

It wouldn't be a problem at all if the folks at the Toronto games were rabid Bills fans. But they're not. It seems like a third of them are lukewarm Bills fans, another third are just fans of the NFL and are completely indifferent to the Bills, and the remaining third seem to be fans of the opposing team. I doubt we'd have this same problem if the game was played in Rochester.

Sorry, but Toronto is a ****ty sports town. It's the LA of Canada. They can't support a mediocre to bad team if it's not the Maple Leafs (same thing with LA and their non-Lakers teams). Toronto will never get an NFL team, so long as the CFL is still around and new NFL stadiums are still expensive. Why can't all these potential diehard Toronto Bills fans just make the drive over to Orchard Park? The gameday experience here is so much better.

most Bills fans in Toronto already do.

If the people in Toronto were rabid Bills fans, they wouldn't need to do this because they would already have a huge presence in that market. But like the NHL expansion into the Southern states, You need to bring the product to them and get them hooked. Its much harder to do with a bad product then with a good one (i.e. winning team)

Toronto is just like any other sports town (only larger). The Bills don't sell every game out when they are bad. The Sabres were struggling with attendance at times before the Lockout, the Cup run and "Peguila Mania"

Don't need a passport to travel to rachacha. Just sayin'

Us Canadians coming over to help support your teams need one, it doesn't stop us

By afloat do you mean that they were not making money without the Toronto game? Show me the year that they lost money prior to the Toronto deal.

First of all, we do not play a game in Rochester. Second of all, regionalizing is fine, so as you make it about padding your fanbase. Have you even watched a previous game in Toronto?? There are more hosers there wearing 30 other NFL jersies than the two teams playing. It is not getting any more fans for the BUFFALO BILLS!

Do you think fans make a difference? It is corporate dollars that will or will not decide if Buffalo has a team after RW dies. We are irrelevant in the decision as fans.

I'm going to be profound for a second here

Here we go***

Good football teams are never relocated.

Bad teams with small markets worry about being moved. Good owners spend some money and build good teams. Bad owners have bad teams and/or are cheap.

Our owner being cheap + our team being recently bad = fear of losing our team/buying in to the Toronto Series

Our team is on the rise(good)

Our owner is old

Old people eventually die

When we get a new owner

Goodbye Toronto

Goodbye Buffalo

Hello LA