Revis and the Jets

AF88Bills

In my opinion, this interview is more reason to not like Darelle Revis and the Jets. Mike Francesa claims Revis committed pass interference on B Marshall. Instead of simply disagreeing, or standing up for himself, Revis basically says unless you play football, you have no right to make judgments about things that happen on the field. It gets heated at the 4:30 mark.

http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/video.jsp?topic_id=5870056

I really hope the Bills destroy them.

In my opinion, this interview is more reason to not like Darelle Revis and the Jets. Mike Francesa claims Revis committed pass interference on B Marshall. Instead of simply disagreeing, or standing up for himself, Revis basically says unless you play football, you have no right to make judgments about things that happen on the field. It gets heated at the 4:30 mark.

http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/video.jsp?topic_id=5870056

I really hope the Bills destroy them.

What were your other reasons "not to like Darelle Revis"? I would take him in a Bills uni in a second. My guess is you wouldn't be complaining about the calls he gets if he played for the Bills.

Maybe, like most people, he thinks Francesa is tool.

What were your other reasons "not to like Darelle Revis"? I would take him in a Bills uni in a second. My guess is you wouldn't be complaining about the calls he gets if he played for the Bills.

Yes he is a tool

Of course no one complains when their team gets favorable calls. What a silly post. But HE PLAYS FOR A DIVISION OPPONENT and he's a big part of their defensive game plan. As bills fans we should be rooting for everything possible to shed light on the situation.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Someone with his talent, sure. I prefer hard working clean players. Sure we want the Bills to do what they can. But a spouting off loud mouths is not one of them.

Someone with his talent, sure. I prefer hard working clean players. Sure we want the Bills to do what they can. But a spouting off loud mouths is not one of them.

I don't think he's "dirty" --does he take cheap shots meant to injure players?--he is aggressive and, like any such player, he'll play tight and let the refs make the calls. I haven't heard anyone say he's not a hard working player, or a loud mouth.

Of course no one complains when their team gets favorable calls. What a silly post. But HE PLAYS FOR A DIVISION OPPONENT and he's a big part of their defensive game plan. As bills fans we should be rooting for everything possible to shed light on the situation.

Uh, OK.

I don't think he's "dirty" --does he take cheap shots meant to injure players?--he is aggressive and, like any such player, he'll play tight and let the refs make the calls. I haven't heard anyone say he's not a hard working player, or a loud mouth.

Uh, OK.

Yea I've heard only the opposite about him. Hard worker all the way. Other than the revis island comments he also doesn't seem to spout off more than most.

Yea I've heard only the opposite about him. Hard worker all the way. Other than the revis island comments he also doesn't seem to spout off more than most.

When you get away with the muggings he does why draw attention to yourself?

But I do remember after his long hold out how he raved to a reporter that if he wasn't happy with the new deal he could just hold out again in a couple years.

Yeah a real "class" act all right

But I do remember after his long hold out how he raved to a reporter that if he wasn't happy with the new deal he could just hold out again in a couple years.

So he's a jerk cause the refs give him calls? I remember that comment too and thought it was dumb but hardly raving. Saying that "this one gets us going and we can revisit it later if needed" is frankly honest. I didn't like the holdout but come on. You come off as jealous with some of this.

And he said this:

"I just want to tell yall that I'm sorry for this process and I can't wait to get back on the field."

"This experience humbled me very much,"

ANd actually there is a clause that says if he doesn't hold out the first 4 years, he can void the last 3 years of the contract and enter free agency.

Give a rest, Joe.

So he's a jerk cause the refs give him calls? I remember that comment too and thought it was dumb but hardly raving. Saying that "this one gets us going and we can revisit it later if needed" is frankly honest. I didn't like the holdout but come on. You come off as jealous with some of this.

Yeah it bothers me when division opponents get favorable treatment from officials .... Makes me a bills fan, nothing more, nothing less.

It's someone like you defending the guy has the explaining to do

And he said this:

"I just want to tell yall that I'm sorry for this process and I can't wait to get back on the field."

"This experience humbled me very much,"

ANd actually there is a clause that says if he doesn't hold out the first 4 years, he can void the last 3 years of the contract and enter free agency.

Give a rest, Joe.

Yeah Joe. He apologized after the spotlight was focused on his selfishness therefore washing away all his sins. He obviously deserves all of the biased calls his way.

Yeah Joe. He apologized after the spotlight was focused on his selfishness therefore washing away all his sins. He obviously deserves all of the biased calls his way.

Sins? He held out and got a better deal (and less than he could have according to some) because he's the best at his position. He then played football. Imagine if the Bills had a player who was the best at his position--everyone would be saying "just pay the man!" We get guys like Maybin and Spiller holding out on us....

Far too many Jets & Pats* apologists here, IMO. WEO leads the charge.

Pointing out fact-free bulls**t is not a defense or an apology. If you want me to join you and Joe 6 pack and a few others in "hating" a guy only because he plays for another team--sorry, I can't do that. If that's what defines you and joe as fans, than good for you.

Pointing out fact-free bulls**t is not a defense or an apology. If you want me to join you and Joe 6 pack and a few others in "hating" a guy only because he plays for another team--sorry, I can't do that. If that's what defines you and joe as fans, than good for you.

you're not "pointing out" anything - you're simply disagreeing with the opinions of those who are being critical of Revis. You seem to frequently do the same when people criticize the Pats*.

I don't want you to "join" me in anything...I'm a Bills fan.

Edited by bills44

That 100 yard INT was pass interference plain and simple. This was a perfect example of terrible NFL 2011 officiating and an obvious bias towards Revis.

actually ... no it wasn't. If it isn't called a penalty didn't happen. Now if we want to fault the officiating for missing a call, I'm all for it. But vilifying a player for making a play and then defending that play to a "talking head" that (IMHO) was being overly obnoxious about it is more than a little silly.

Don't get me wrong, Revis is a Jet therefore I don't like him, just as any player on the Jets, Dolphins, or Pats* ... but in this instance he was right.

you're not "pointing out" anything - you're simply disagreeing with the opinions of those who are being critical of Revis. You seem to frequently do the same when people criticize the Pats*.

I don't want you to "join" me in anything...I'm a Bills fan.

Yeah, I was--the fact that Revis was pretty gracious in most of his comments after the signing and that he has no incentive to renegotiate in the next few years---both facts which run counter to the OP and Joe's claims.

Hey, you're a fan. That's great. So am I. I appreciate the play of good players even if they are on opposing teams. I like to watch football, not just one game a week.

There is room for many fans here--even guys like you and Joe, who tell everyone else how to be a fan, no matter how dumb it makes some of the rest of us look.