TV Question

dib

I still stand by the same recommendations I've been making for the past five years: For LCD, I'd go Samsung. For Plasma, I'd go Panny. If you're just looking for a cheapo set, something to put in the house but not a set that you're going to invest a lot of money in, I think one of the budget brands are fine. But if you're looking to drop a few bills on your primary display, I firmly believe you're better off with the two suggestions above.

I'm watching my 32" Sammy LCD that I bought back in late 2005 right now...the pic still looks as great as ever and not a single issue with it. :thumbsup:

I still stand by the same recommendations I've been making for the past five years: For LCD, I'd go Samsung. For Plasma, I'd go Panny. If you're just looking for a cheapo set, something to put in the house but not a set that you're going to invest a lot of money in, I think one of the budget brands are fine. But if you're looking to drop a few bills on your primary display, I firmly believe you're better off with the two suggestions above.

I'm watching my 32" Sammy LCD that I bought back in late 2005 right now...the pic still looks as great as ever and not a single issue with it. :thumbsup:

+1

RIP Pioneer Kuro Elite plasmas :(

+1

RIP Pioneer Kuro Elite plasmas :(

That really is a shame...still, the single best image I've ever seen anywhere was on a Pioneer plasma with a bluray. It was just ridiculous how realistic it looked...almost as if I could reach into the screen and grab hold of the people. Those displays were worth every penny.

I have a 32" Vizio in my office, my feelings on it are....meh. It's ok, average picture quality but I wouldn't want it as my main set. I also have a 26" LED Vizio in my bedroom. I'm very happy with this set, very good PQ.

Both of those pale in comparison to my 46" Samsung in my living room. The Samsung blows both of them away. Before I bought the Samsung I would have said I'd be happy with a Vizio being my primary TV, but not now.

Do any of you guys have a Vizio? I trust your opinions more than what I read on line.

I have a 42". Works great, never once had a problem. HD looks great. colors really pop. For the price its amazing. only real problem is the vizio logo lights up when the tv is on. Minor deal, but a little distracting

That really is a shame...still, the single best image I've ever seen anywhere was on a Pioneer plasma with a bluray. It was just ridiculous how realistic it looked...almost as if I could reach into the screen and grab hold of the people. Those displays were worth every penny.

That would be worth it just to smack the everliving **** out of Steve Tasker, during Bills games.