Have you been reading the articles on the home

Mickey,

Thanks for the posts about the Cinci drives. That's exactly as I and most others saw it but we are too lazy to do the homework you did.

Bledsoe is a very solid QB and I agree that our play calling on first down is too damn predictable and has limited the options on 2nd and 3rd down.

The reason Charlie Weis has been so incredible for the Pats it that he runs when you should pass and passes when you should run. He stacks to one side, throws to the other. He motions one side runs to the other.

Inside the 5 he almost never gives it to the running back on 1st down.

This is why Brady has 13 of his TDs of less than 5 yards. We give it to the backs on 1st and sometimes 2nd and then predictable fade route to the corner that everyone sees coming is next making it impossible to complete.

To me it's just like baseball. It's not necessarily the guy with the best fastball or changeup. It's the guy who keeps you guessing and is not predictable. He keeps the batter from teeing off on his pitches.

A good, inventive offensive coordinator mixes it up in an unpredictable fashion so the D can't tee off on your plays.

This may be why Clement didn't get the nod, he's unimaginative.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

>>>Be it early on or later, I see Losman taking over as our starter in 2005.<<<

I guess this depends a little bit on whether or not JP is capable of being an NFL qb.  :D  :P

Drew is capable. This is why only 17 humans have thrown for more yards in NFL history.

173200[/snapback]

Bill-

Drew's 39447 passing yards to date position him as the 10th most productive paser in the history of the game. The three names immediately in front of him are Unites, Montana, and Fouts. I believe most objective football fans would consider that some rarified air. Here's a link-

All Time Most Productive Passers in the NFL

This may be why Clement didn't get the nod, he's unimaginative.

173379[/snapback]

I agree completely about the Weiss "success strategy", and that extends to the other side of the ball on his team, but I'd be hesitant to discount the learning curve for Clements yet. We've got a whole bunch of coaches trying to recover from good planning all year but not good enough to execute and win close games early, but they're a work in progress.

It's funny to me how a game that was talked about as "dangerous" and "a reality check" last week now is just another win against a hapless Bengals team. As far as I'm concerned last week was a BIG game going in and a BIG win for us- it was for all intents and purposes a playoff game and we played well enough to win against a challenger at home playing for the same gold ring.

Bill-

Drew's 39447 passing yards to date position him as the 10th most productive paser in the history of the game. The three names immediately in front of him are Unites, Montana, and Fouts. I believe most objective football fans would consider that some rarified air. Here's a link-

173401[/snapback]

My mistake. He is 18th in touchdown passes, and I got confused. :P:D

Bill-

173401[/snapback]

Those stats do not include this year. Bledsoe passed Montana Sunday, to move to 7th on the list all-time...CD

As Alaska Darin might say, these arguments about Bledsoe never get old, or any more intelligent.

You think the Ravens give a crap that Trent Dilfer was a very mediocre (at best) QB the year he lead their offense to a Super Bowl victory?

Living here in Cowboys country, I can tell you that as late as week 15 of the 1992 NFL football season, a good percentage of Cowboy "fans" and the Cowboys media coverage, was of the opinion that the Cowboys could never win a Super Bowl as long as Troy Aikman was at the helm. There were calls nearly every week the last half of that season, for Steve Walsh to be the starter...Aikman ended up doing alright for himself I think. He may not have been the greatest QB of all time, but he played an importan roll in 3 Super Bowl runs for the Cowboys, and made plays to win a handful of games each of those years, even while having some ho-hum games. Bledsoe may never be the HOF QB that many thought he might be, but to blast his performances, when the team is coming off 5 mulitiple double didget win victories, just seems like something to B word about, because that is what we seem to do a lot of around here....jeesh, just enjoy the last two weeks of the season, and keep your fingers crossed....I am sure the coaching staff will do whatever they think is appropriate in the off-season...

I said against QUALITY competition. The 3-11 Dolphins, by most standards, are not QUALITY competition.

173159[/snapback]

Those same 3-11 Dolphins that had the NFL's #1 rated pass defense going into that game?

Those same 3-11 Dolphins that pulled off the most embarrassing upset in the last five years when they came back and beat the defending super bowl champs Monday?

Those guys?

I agree completely about the Weiss "success strategy", and that extends to the other side of the ball on his team, but I'd be hesitant to discount the learning curve for Clements yet. We've got a whole bunch of coaches trying to recover from good planning all year but not good enough to execute and win close games early, but they're a work in progress.

It's funny to me how a game that was talked about as "dangerous" and "a reality check" last week now is just another win against a hapless Bengals team. As far as I'm concerned last week was a BIG game going in and a BIG win for us- it was for all intents and purposes a playoff game and we played well enough to win against a challenger at home playing for the same gold ring.

173419[/snapback]

That is right, the Bengals are not a bad team, we just made them look like a bad team.