What the heck is wrong with the kicking game?!?!

I noticed several FG and XP attempts where Lindell kicked the ball at LEAST 4 feet (not yards) off center of the goalposts. This is inexcusable. If there had been a mere 7mph more wind blowing south by southwest, and the Earth's gravitational field had been distorted due to an interstellar object passing in too close proximity to Jupiter, he would have missed those for sure. THESE KINDS OF FIELD GOALS ARE UNSUSTAINABLE.

We must cut Ryan Lindell RIGHT NOW.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I noticed several FG and XP attempts where Lindell kicked the ball at LEAST 4 yards off center of the goalposts. This is inexcusable. If there had been a mere 7mph more wind blowing south by southwest, and the Earth's gravitational field had been distorted due to an interstellar object passing in too close proximity to Jupiter, he would have missed those for sure. THESE KINDS OF FIELD GOALS ARE UNSUSTAINABLE.

I guess I missed the origins of the sarcasm...unless it was the THE CURRENT METHOD OF WINNING IS UNSUSTAINABLE thread...

either way, the last two threads I read have made me laugh pretty well! ;)

I guess I missed the origins of the sarcasm...unless it was the THE CURRENT METHOD OF WINNING IS UNSUSTAINABLE thread...

either way, the last two threads I read have made me laugh pretty well! ;)

Eh it was just a general indictment of the negativity that I've seen around here. But I had to throw that specific allusion to the one thread that really irked me.

I noticed several FG and XP attempts where Lindell kicked the ball at LEAST 4 yards off center of the goalposts. This is inexcusable. If there had been a mere 7mph more wind blowing south by southwest, and the Earth's gravitational field had been distorted due to an interstellar object passing in too close proximity to Jupiter, he would have missed those for sure. THESE KINDS OF FIELD GOALS ARE UNSUSTAINABLE.

I realize you're being sarcastic, but my inner geek can't let this go. If Lindell was actually kicking several field goals and extra points 4 yards off center, those would all be misses anyway. Goalpost width= 18 feet, 6 inches, or just over 6 yards. That means you have 3 yards on either side of the centerpoint of the goalposts where you make the kick. 4 yards off center would put the kick a yard wide.

I realize you're being sarcastic, but my inner geek can't let this go. If Lindell was actually kicking several field goals and extra points 4 yards off center, those would all be misses anyway. Goalpost width= 18 feet, 6 inches, or just over 6 yards. That means you have 3 yards on either side of the centerpoint of the goalposts where you make the kick. 4 yards off center would put the kick a yard wide.

But did you account for barometric pressure? I think not!

Damn you. Now its bugging me too. I'm going to have to edit my post :(

Thank you very much for pointing out how my sarcastic hypothetical scenario was not imagined to scale.

Dang it. Now I can't even be sure that the completely fictitious super-hot chick that I imagined in my dreams last night really had size DD breasts.

What a killjoy. ;)

But did you account for barometric pressure? I think not!

Damn you. Now its bugging me too. I'm going to have to edit my post :(

Thank you very much for pointing out how my sarcastic hypothetical scenario was not imagined to scale.

It happens to the best of us. And anyway, as it turns out I wasn't accounting for barometric pressure, nor was I accounting for all of his kicks this year that would have been wide if a bald eagle didn't grab the ball out of midair and carry it through the posts at the last moment. But we can't count on that help forever!

Edited by Chandemonium

I noticed several FG and XP attempts where Lindell kicked the ball at LEAST 4 feet (not yards) off center of the goalposts. This is inexcusable. If there had been a mere 7mph more wind blowing south by southwest, and the Earth's gravitational field had been distorted due to an interstellar object passing in too close proximity to Jupiter, he would have missed those for sure. THESE KINDS OF FIELD GOALS ARE UNSUSTAINABLE.

:thumbsup: Thanks for making me laugh this morning.

If Ralph wasn't so cheap, he'd have purchased standard width goalposts.

Those were quality kicks.

LOL, thank you Sheldon

Edited by Talley56

I wonder...has a kicker ever been traded in the NFL? I can't remember if Morton Anderson was traded or signed as a free agent when he joined the Falcons. He's the only possible one I can think of.

And Tebow could never be a successful kicker in the NFL. His kicking motion is far too jerky and slow.