5 weeks ago, the only obvious win...

deep2evans

...was the only game we've lost :w00t:

it's amazing how worthless analyzing the schedule is before the season starts.

Man, you are so correct! I was hoping for 4 & 2 at the BYE...prepared for losses against NE & Philly, while hoping to win the rest. The only shoe-in I saw was the Bungals, who are looking quite tough these days. So many surprises around the league this year. I guess that's why they play the games.

Man, you are so correct! I was hoping for 4 & 2 at the BYE...prepared for losses against NE & Philly, while hoping to win the rest. The only shoe-in I saw was the Bungals, who are looking quite tough these days. So many surprises around the league this year. I guess that's why they play the games.

Personally I think they play the games because nobody would by tickets otherwise, but then again, I'm very cynical.

With the salary cap coming and better college scouting we are going to see teams coming out of no where more often. I think that teams can not afford to stockpile good depth players anymore because they have to clobber together teams from a combination of very high paid stars and cheap young players. If you look around, you will find a lot of rookie offensive linemen starting on teams that are usually powerhouses. For example, Dallas got rid of a couple of old allpro type offensive linemen to save money. If a team drafts high for a few years, they can get the superstars cheaply at rookie salary rates and make a run before their contracts get into a redo at higher money. I think Cinci and Buffalo are examples of teams stocking up with reasonablly priced but very good players at the less expensive positions as an alternate approach to the [superstars & bums} approach like new england and the colts.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but when I really looked at Cinci after that game I was kinda impressed with the talent - on Defense their front 4 is really good and can go two deep into the bench before any type of big talent drop off- Rey Maualuga is a good tough ILB and their two OLBs while maybe not great football players are certainly great athletes with each weighing around 240+ and having 4.4 -4.45 speed, their secondary might not be as good but neither is it a liability and Clements was a good pick-up

Offensively Jermaine Gresham is a big target who can snag imperfectly thrown balls and A.C. Green is way ahead of where rookie WRs usually find themselves, Benson isn't flashy but he's tough and I'm shocked that Dalton is playing as well as he is I thought he threw up some crap balls against the Bills but if you have the guys who can go up and get them it's OK - Kelly in his career certainly threw up some ugly passes that Andre Reed made into beautiful scoring plays.

So yeah I thought Cinci was a good chance for a win because of a rookie QB but Dalton is better than expected and I think Cinci will give a lot of teams trouble.

With the salary cap coming and better college scouting we are going to see teams coming out of no where more often. I think that teams can not afford to stockpile good depth players anymore because they have to clobber together teams from a combination of very high paid stars and cheap young players. If you look around, you will find a lot of rookie offensive linemen starting on teams that are usually powerhouses. For example, Dallas got rid of a couple of old allpro type offensive linemen to save money. If a team drafts high for a few years, they can get the superstars cheaply at rookie salary rates and make a run before their contracts get into a redo at higher money. I think Cinci and Buffalo are examples of teams stocking up with reasonablly priced but very good players at the less expensive positions as an alternate approach to the [superstars & bums} approach like new england and the colts.

Huh? While I agree the Bills are for real this year and APPEAR to have replaced the Jets as the contender the Pats have to watch out for I dont understand what you meant by superstars at cheaper position approach the colts and Pats use? I mean Indy's team is almost 100% DRAFTED by Indy. NE team on O has a 6th round draft pick, UDFA at WR and RB. And 1st round talent on the O line. (The only BIG name is Ocho who has been rather useless this year.) On defense our seconday is all drafted talent and our Best D lineman was drafted by NE. (and the rest brought in try fix our AWFUL pass rush.)

...was the only game we've lost :w00t:

it's amazing how worthless analyzing the schedule is before the season starts.

Yep but every year half the posters will breakdown the schedule and tell you why they will win or lose. It's nonsense.