Safties

I was at the game today and it was almost as if I could not stop being excited for the plays byrd and wilson were making. They won the game for us!! Nick barnett is playing great right now!! hope he keeps it up!! I believe there was a Shawn Merriman sighting which was pretty great to see as well. I see a lot of people on this message board talking about our defense as if they are not good. Granted they are by no means the best in the NFL, but they give 100% every down. I will be the first to say that the beginning of the 4th quarter my anxiety was at an all time high, it felt like one of those games the bills always find a way to lose. But.... We Won!! so lets enjoy it Buffalo. We constantly want a winner in this town, and now that we have one we find everything we can that is wrong with our 4-1 Bills!! not Sabres, but the BUFFALO BILLS!!! Love It!! should be a great year in Buffalo!!.

Loved the way Byrd and Wilson have played overall. Haven't played close attention to their coverage, but Wilson has been a tackling machine and made some nice plays against the run and a few turnovers (should of had one against the Bengals) and Byrd has made some nice hard hits always going after the ball and created a few turnovers on his own.

I was at the game today and it was almost as if I could not stop being excited for the plays byrd and wilson were making. They won the game for us!! Nick barnett is playing great right now!! hope he keeps it up!! I believe there was a Shawn Merriman sighting which was pretty great to see as well. I see a lot of people on this message board talking about our defense as if they are not good. Granted they are by no means the best in the NFL, but they give 100% every down. I will be the first to say that the beginning of the 4th quarter my anxiety was at an all time high, it felt like one of those games the bills always find a way to lose. But.... We Won!! so lets enjoy it Buffalo. We constantly want a winner in this town, and now that we have one we find everything we can that is wrong with our 4-1 Bills!! not Sabres, but the BUFFALO BILLS!!! Love It!! should be a great year in Buffalo!!.

I agree that our safeties are really playing well. Our corners are giving up a lot in coverage (seems people are passing at will against us), but I wonder if thats because the safeties (rather than just helping out in coverage) are being allowed to roam free a bit, allowing them to get more picks, or to come up to blitz the QB or assist in run defense. Don't get me wrong, what the corners are not doing in pass defense, they are just about making up for with stripping balls, getting picks, etc., but our safeties seem to everywhere and in on every play.

<br />Who were all those guys tellimg me [and others] I was wrong saying GW was way better than Whitner?<br />
. ME ME ME!!! I stand corrected sir!! Wilson is most definitely much better!! He is a better player now, than before. I always thought he was starter material, but his game has improved (not that he wasnt good), and he is now a very good player. He and Byrd are an awesome combo. Probably our 2 best tacklers. Love them.