GG just emailed me.....

My God. Once you come within 2 miles of the Stadium on Big Tree Rd., 20,20A, Abbott..you'll see several dozen people buying/selling tickets. Put on your best " Let's make a deal " face and get your price.

There are ALWAYS tickets for sale.

172408[/snapback]

Never bought them on game day...always had them ahead of time...guess thats our only option..not paying a ticket broker..payed one for ravens game...$35 tickets for $115

Never bought them on game day...always had them ahead of time...guess thats our only option..not paying a ticket broker..payed one for ravens game...$35 tickets for $115

172417[/snapback]

Tell GG that he buys the Beer and Food. Then it all evens out. :D

I have told this story before here once or twice but it's always a good one. A few years ago I came back for a game early in the season. I believe it was Green Bay in Week 2, maybe around 1999. There were a few of us but we needed one more ticket and for some reason, around Big Tree and the stadium, we did not see one person selling tickets. One of my buddies said, "Let's ask a cop, Buffalo Cops are great, he'll know where to look for one".

I walked up to a cop stading right in front of the main parking lot to the stadium closest to Hammer's Lot and said, "Excuse me, sir. I used to live here years ago, and I really hope I am not breaking any laws, but we seem to need one more ticket, and if you were me, where might you look for one?"

The Cop looked at me, and said, in all seriousness, "I am not racial profiling, but you MIGHT wanna look for a black guy." Then went right back to his job with the traffic.

I smiled, saw ONE black guy in my field of view who was walking along the sidewalk, and walked up alongside just as he said, "Who needs tickets?" Bought a great seat at a fair price and we all got in.

I have told this story before here once or twice but it's always a good one. A few years ago I came back for a game early in the season. I believe it was Green Bay in Week 2, maybe around 1999. There were a few of us but we needed one more ticket and for some reason, around Big Tree and the stadium, we did not see one person selling tickets. One of my buddies said, "Let's ask a cop, Buffalo Cops are great, he'll know where to look for one".

I walked up to a cop stading right in front of the main parking lot to the stadium closest to Hammer's Lot and said, "Excuse me, sir. I used to live here years ago, and I really hope I am not breaking any laws, but we seem to need one more ticket, and if you were me, where might you look for one?"

The Cop looked at me, and said, in all seriousness, "I am not racial profiling, but you MIGHT wanna look for a black guy." Then went right back to his job with the traffic.

I smiled, saw ONE black guy in my field of view who was walking along the sidewalk, and walked up alongside just as he said, "Who needs tickets?" Bought a great seat at a fair price and we all got in.

172503[/snapback]

I love that story.

I have a friend who has bought tix from scalpers three times this year. He has only paid 5$ over face value every time.

There are always tickets to be had at the game. If you wait until after kickoff, you can probably get them for less than face value.

Yeah, he's making extra money all day long.

172430[/snapback]

True. True.

But the sick part is that even if I were to buy the tailgate food & drink for the whole crew, it would still be cheaper than for Lisa & I to go out around here for New Years.

Keep hitting that Google link folks, I need some beer cash.

Paul, don't worry about tickets. January in Buffalo, if you spend $40 for a ticket at the parking lot, you've paid too much.

There are always tickets to be had at the game.  If you wait until after kickoff, you can probably get them for less than face value.

172655[/snapback]

Hmmm. That sounds like an interesting theory (maybe in the days of Ronnie Jones)

True.  True.

But the sick part is that even if I were to buy the tailgate food & drink for the whole crew, it would still be cheaper than for Lisa & I to go out around here for New Years.

Keep hitting that Google link folks, I need some beer cash.

Paul, don't worry about tickets.  January in Buffalo, if you spend $40 for a ticket at the parking lot, you've paid too much.

172699[/snapback]

Gerry...send Dona an email tomorrow...talk her into it. Tell her what a great NYE we will have with Ken, Jay-Bird and Miquel. You are always very convincing