Donald Jones is a Problem

eMoulds

The #2 WR spot on this team is an issue. Of our five main receiving targets, Donald Jones is last in catch percentage by a significant margin despite having the second lowest YPC (theoretically, players with lower YPC should have higher catch percentages as their targets are shorter/safer plays) on the team. Nelson is a natural slot reciever and Stevie is by no means a burner, so we need the #2 WR position to stretch the field. Jones isn't doing this and he's consistently not making the semi-difficult catches in traffic. This offense is going to need a reliable speed receiver with the ability to at least make the safety respect the deep threat in order to score against better defenses. Through 4 games, Jones isn't bringing very much to the table.

C T Y C% Y/T Y/C

SJ 24 36 314 66.67% 8.72 13.08

DN 22 30 251 73.33% 8.37 11.41

DJ 14 29 149 48.28% 5.14 10.64

FJ 13 17 147 76.47% 8.65 11.31

SC 11 14 97 78.57% 6.93 8.82

It's to bad Easley got hurt i would have loved to see what he brought to the team !! Has any one heard exactly what his injury was ?? They haven't said a word about it !!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones isnt playing good enough to be the #2 WR just that simple he has had a cpl nice catches thats it. Nelson should be starting over Jones and im almost to the point where i think Brad Smith should be in the slot and bump Jones down to 4th on the depth chart.

Roosevelt is quickly loosing his practice squad eligibility by appearing in a few games recently. I wish Fitz would throw him a few balls so he can show what he can do. Otherwise he won't be eligible for a practice squad, and he won't have sufficient game experience for anybody to want him. That would be too bad, since he seems to have good hands and isn't afraid to go across the middle. He isn't fast enough to be a deep threat, but he could be a good possession receiver. No receiver on this team is a big, fast, fight for the ball kind of player, which is a shortcoming.

idk man...idk if you come back from a "heart ailment"

I am only speculating here, but it could be a ventricular septal defect (hole in the heart) which is more common that folks realize 1 out of every 500 or so. The septal tissue that separates the chambers in the heart is one of the last things to develop in an unborn child and there are many children born with this, but it closes on its own often by the age of 10 or so. If the hole is large and untreated oxigenated blood flows back into the right ventrical and then is passed back into the lungs forcing the whole system to work harder to supply oxigen to the body which can cause the heart to become enlarged. The added pressure to the lungs can cause pulmanary hypertension which sounds close to what Easly experienced on the practice field.

Another bad side affect that can be caused by this condition is blood clots can develop in the primary arteries of normally healthy individuals who do not have precursors for clot and stroke (overweight, arterial disease, etc). I know more about this because it was that very situation that took out my brother-in-law this past summer when an undiscovered VSD caused a clot to form that found it's way to his brain's basilar artery. The artery was fully occluded when finally diagnosed and that is a stroke that you just do not recover from with current protocols.

If this is what Easley has been diagnosed with then he is fortunate it was found and his option is an open heart procedure to surgically repair the septal defect. He could conceivably return to sports although he would need to be monitored closely for arrhythmia complications and there does seem to be a statistical increased risk of sudden cardiac death of those that undergo the intervention. I know that sounds dismal, but I think he could play, but he would need to be disciplined about working with the team physcians monitoring his recovery and continued heart health.