Just curious, ...

Ronin

... rather then maybe thinking that this team shot its load by barely beating the Raiders, a very mediocre team, KC, a nothing team, and by finally beating the Pats, but not by defense, only because of offense against a mediocre Patriot D and by Brady having had a terrible and uncharacteristic horrible day? ... while still putting up huge amounts of points by any team's standards?

Couldn't it just be that this Bills team is a little lucky like the team in '08 or '03, up front, but really isn't that good?

I mean it's not like it's really loaded with proven talent, it isn't.

Since when does "our secondary sucks" and "we still can't stop the run" and our "O'line is suspect" qualify for excuses? The officiating was brutal and Merriman continues to be held w/no call frequently, but that's not why we lost. All that said, we lost on a last second field goal so what the Hell is OP's premise? Now we'll go winliss? I hope your 118th post is more intelligent that the 117th or stop starting threads.

i'm thinking more along the lines of when they're on, they can play with anyone...and win. and when they're not, they can disappoint just like any other team. it's 1 outa 16 and i'm not ready to call the wins a fluke. but yes, in the first few games we got all the breaks, bounces and calls. today i felt like we were given a physical by a doctor with very rough hands.

... rather then maybe thinking that this team shot its load by barely beating the Raiders, a very mediocre team, KC, a nothing team, and by finally beating the Pats, but not by defense, only because of offense against a mediocre Patriot D and by Brady having had a terrible and uncharacteristic horrible day? ... while still putting up huge amounts of points by any team's standards?

Couldn't it just be that this Bills team is a little lucky like the team in '08 or '03, up front, but really isn't that good?

The Pats and Raiders are both good teams. The Pats are one dimensionally good like Marino's Dolphins while the Raiders are a more balanced club that will beat you up kind of good.

What happen today was a classic letdown. A good but young up and coming team didn't bring their best effort. I certainly didn't see the same intensity that I saw the last two games. If they don't play with that then they can expect a few more embarrassing losses like the one they had today. The Stevie bad call should have never even been in play. Because the difference between good teams and bad ones is A LOT closer in today's parity NFL. Philly will blow their doors off if they play like they did today. I don't think the Bengals are a good team and they just had perfect timing playing them when they did. I'm sure that Chan will get a lot of milage out of this loss when telling his team that if they all don't pull their weight week in week out that they'll all go down together.

Next week is gut check time when we'll all find out what they're made of. We can say "letdown game" today, but next week there aren't any excuses.

i'm thinking more along the lines of when they're on, they can play with anyone...and win. and when they're not, they can disappoint just like any other team. it's 1 outa 16 and i'm not ready to call the wins a fluke. but yes, in the first few games we got all the breaks, bounces and calls. today i felt like we were given a physical by a doctor with very rough hands.

Well that's fine, but they haven't beaten a decent defense yet.

At the end of the year the Patriot D will be average, at best, and a lot of that is only statistically because their offense is so good and consumes so much time and forces many teams into a predictable pattern of throwing, otherwise they'll be worse.

Cincy was probably the best D we've played and our offense sucked. The defense was responsible for one of only two TDs today. 13 points, against Cincy. Really!

So you didnt watch the game today?

Yes, I did, and except for Cincy falling apart briefly at the end of the second Q, we sucked.

Ref makes the right call and nobody here is saying anything. Even the generous Daulton spot was hugely laughable. Clearly there was an agenda today with the NFL in regards to their umpiring crew. It was sooooo obvious.

Edited by r00tabaga

Bottom line is they got their butts kicked today by a team that was much better today. All I have heard since about the 3rd play of the game is that the officials were ripping the Bills off, but in the mean time the Bills had dozens of chances to do something about it all day but failed. Was the officiating great? No, but it seems like this year it never is. The Bills lost today because they played an entire game the way they played the first halves against Oakland and New England. The Bills weren't very good today, so people are just sounding like whiny sore losers blaming the officials for the loss.