Osi

I live in the NYC area and rumor has it that Osi plays today at AZ. They were speculating it could be a showcase game for a pre-deadline trade. I believe,as many do on this board, that a big time pass rush may get us playoff-bound+++. Yes he's older and coming off knee surgery....but having watched a lot of giants games, he's a big play Machine .

You know where I'm going....would you? How much? Is he a 3-4 player?

Etc.

Aside from Osi being an awful fit for a Bills team that wants big powerful DE's who attack the ground game,

It is a long-standing tradition here at TSW to refrain from starting new threads during games. Please do your part in helping us keep this the best Buffalo Bills message board on the planet.

Thanks for your help!

Aside from Osi being an awful fit for a Bills team that wants big powerful DE's who attack the ground game,

It is a long-standing tradition here at TSW to refrain from starting new threads during games. Please do your part in helping us keep this the best Buffalo Bills message board on the planet.

Thanks for your help!

Those big powerful DEs aren't sniffing the QB. For the 3rd week in a row a QB sat in the pocket and torched us. Btw, who are these big powerful DEs that you speak of? Merriman is playing more DE than LB and Kelsay is well....Kelsay. If you can get Osi for a 4th, do it in a heartbeat. I'm not saying Osi would be great but he would be the edge rusher on this team right away.

Another thing Simon, our DEs lost contain about 100 times today. So that "attacking" the groung game ain't working either.

Those big powerful DEs aren't sniffing the QB. For the 3rd week in a row a QB sat in the pocket and torched us. Btw, who are these big powerful DEs that you speak of? Merriman is playing more DE than LB and Kelsay is well....Kelsay. If you can get Osi for a 4th, do it in a heartbeat. I'm not saying Osi would be great but he would be the edge rusher on this team right away.

Another thing Simon, our DEs lost contain about 100 times today. So that "attacking" the groung game ain't working either.

Watching Kelsay in coverage is always interesting.

I'm trying to figure out if he's one of those big powerful run stuffing DEs that Simon is talking about. :D

Actually I was referring to the type of guy who this Bills front office seems to lean toward i.e. Carrington, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson.

But if you'd rather have more Kelsay's, then I guess that's your prerogative.

Actually I was referring to the type of guy who this Bills front office seems to lean toward i.e. Carrington, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson.

But if you'd rather have more Kelsay's, then I guess that's your prerogative.

Kelsay: 12.5 sacks 2007-2011. 25 sacks and 6 FF for his career

Osi- 11.5 sacks in 2010. 60 sacks and 28 FF for his career.

Actually, it's 61 because Osi had a sack today. If you think that they're the same player I'm gonna guess you are drinking again.

Williams and Dareus were collapsing the pocket all day today. If the Bills had an edge rusher like Osi, they would have had multile sacks today.

HA! OSI JUST GOT ANOTHER SACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats 2 and it;s his first game. Quit being ridiculous.

Actually, it's 61 because Osi had a sack today. If you think that they're the same player I'm gonna guess you are drinking again.

Williams and Dareus were collapsing the pocket all day today. If the Bills had an edge rusher like Osi, they would have had multile sacks today.

HA! OSI JUST GOT ANOTHER SACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats 2 and it;s his first game. Quit being ridiculous.

Does he play 43 end or 34 LB in this dream?

I'm ridiculous because I don't think the Bills will go after a guy who doesn't fit their past preferences and who is widely regarded as unwilling to maintain his responsibilities against the running game?

Whatever.......

Does he play 43 end or 34 LB in this dream?

Try watching the games. The Bills are in a 43 the majority of the time. Plus nickel and dime packages. But go on...

I'm ridiculous because I don't think the Bills will go after a guy who doesn't fit their past preferences and who is widely regarded as unwilling to maintain his responsibilities against the running game?

Whatever.......

That's not what you said, you said Osi was the same guy Kelsay is.

But if you'd rather have more Kelsay's, then I guess that's your prerogative

They are not even close to the same players. He would instantly upgrade the Bils pass rush. I said if he's available for the right price, go get him. Do I think Buddy will do it? No. It's gonna be a long season if the Bills are letting guys like Campbell and Dalton sit in the pocket and throw for 300. Osi wouldn't have looked good on the final drive when Kelsay and Merriman are playing patty cake with the OTs.

0 sacks for Kelsay in 4 games this year.

2 sack for Osi in his first game back.

Same player though.

Actually, you were the first guy who mentioned Kelsay, not me. I was referring to the bigger DE's that the Bills seem to prefer.

And if Kelsay and Osi have a similarity, it's that both of them are a liability as run defenders. And I seriously doubt that teh Bills are interested in weakening that aspect of their defense any further.

Try watching the games. The Bills are in a 43 the majority of the time. Plus nickel and dime packages. But go on...

They are not even close to the same players. He would instantly upgrade the Bils pass rush. I said if he's available for the right price, go get him. Do I think Buddy will do it? No. It's gonna be a long season if the Bills are letting guys like Campbell and Dalton sit in the pocket and throw for 300. Osi wouldn't have looked good on the final drive when Kelsay and Merriman are playing patty cake with the OTs.

0 sacks for Kelsay in 4 games this year.

2 sack for Osi in his first game back.

Same player though.

So the argument is to build back to a 43 by investing heavily with picks and cash?

So the argument is to build back to a 43 by investing heavily with picks and cash?

I'm not sure the Bills are building for a 3-4. They are in a 43 most of the time and the Merriman experiment doesn't seem to be a long term fit. That leaves Batten, Moats and Kelsay as the depth for the future. So unless the Bills go OLB x 3 in next years draft, I expect them to a 43 hybrid team for a while.

Plus, KW and Dareus are natural 3 techs. If you don't want to take my word for it, take Warren Sapps (he might know a thing or two about the position) or Mike Mayhock who both have said that on multiple occasions.

So if Osi isn't the greatest run defender, neither is Kelsay or Merriman! But you know what he does do, get after the QB (2 sacks today). And that is what this team needs. Plus if you improve the pass rush, you can drop a safety down in the box more consistantly to help the rush D.

Like I said before, I wouldn't give up a ton for him but if he's still available, I'd see what it takes. Calling him the same player as Kelsay in asinine...but that's Simon being Simon.

Calling him the same player as Kelsay in asinine...but that's Simon being Simon.

Actually the comparison I made between them was this "And if Kelsay and Osi have a similarity, it's that both of them are a liability as run defenders."

But repeating the same lie over and over again while calling somebody asinine is just you being you I guess.