5 (or 10)questions with Fred Jackson

Simon

Thanks for posting, Simon.

Great stuff!

I can pretty much forgive the Marv GM Era because of the gift that is Fred Jackson. I didn't realize to what degree Marv was an advocate for Freddie Jax.

Sounds like they kept up a pretty close and regular dialogue.

I love that Fred chose Coe College… to fulfill a dream that he and his twin brother could play football together…

The other thing that I've been meaning to mention about Fred is that everyone knows he played indoor football but no one mentions that he played in the minor leagues of indoor football.

"he spent one season apiece in the National Indoor Football League, the United Indoor Football League and NFL Europe."

The Arena Football League is the highest level of indoor football… and Fred played in 2 indoor football leagues that were not the AFL.

Just an amazing story about an amazing person.

That is a nice write up, didn't realize Fred had a twin brother. Interesting at the end he says he feels he has 7 or 8 years left in the tank, that would be some kind of record, a 38 year old running back. I hope we re-sign/extend him this season.

Jackson: It‘s one of those things I pride myself on. I don’t feel there’s any deterioration at all. I feel like I’m just getting better. I’m finally getting that opportunity where I can showcase what I can do. This is one of the first times I’ve been where I’ve been the starting guy. I feel fine. I feel great. I feel like I could play for another seven or eight years. I’m not some 30-year-old back on the downside.

Love this about CJ too

We did draft C.J. last year. I knew I had to keep working and keep working, even at the beginning of the year when I had my hand broken. I had to keep plugging away at it. I was accustomed to working and seeing how things work out afterward. But C.J. still wants to play, and he still wants to start. That’s what we’re here for. I expect nothing less of him.

One thing I like about this Bills team is having competition has stepped up peoples skill levels or at least brought out the best in players.

I completely agree that Freddy is playing like a back who is 26-27. I'm hopeful the Bills will work out a nice 3-4 year extension after the season and we'll have a great trio of backs for the next few years (Jackson, Spiller, White).

I still think Fitz and Stevie are higher priorities right now, because their contracts are up after this year, but Freddy should be next once those deals are done.