Gailey in the Herd

26CornerBlitz

Chans right, we've only played 3 games and people everywhere are acting like we won the super bowl. Chan has his hands full keeping the players grounded given all the attention. On the opposing side, every team we face will be looking forward to knocking us off our pedestal.

On the Defensive side, Chan has a solid nucleus of guys who have played on contender teams, and/or played on teams that went from contenders to "down and out"

Nick Barnett Green Bay 2005 4-12; 2007 - NFC championship game, 2008 - 6-10, 2009 playoffs, 2010 Champions

Andra Davis Broncos 2009 (6-0, then 2 of the last 10)

Dwan Edwards Ravens 2006 playoffs, 2007 busts; 2008-2009 playoffs

Drayton Florence and Shawne Merriman Chargers 2005 9-7, 2006 &2007 playoffs

If these guys can't help keep the team focused, they aren't stepping up and filling the leader and mentor roles which IMO is part of why they are here

I think Chan mentions the offense because he's more worried about it. The "goonies" in particular are a very young, fun-loving bunch of guys. The O-line is young.

On the other hand, they all clearly look to Fitz as their leader, and I can't see Fitz letting it go to his head at all.

I think we'll be OK.

Can't stand Cowherd. I think he's unlistenable. The local guys during my morning drive are really bland but I listen to them instead.

Typically can't stand opinionated, shyt-disturbing blowhards… and people who always think that they're right… who have zero humility.

That's just me.

Well if you really listen then you heard him pick the Bills to win outright against the Patriots when the line was 9.5

How much higher on a team can you get. I think it was the biggest spread of the week at the time.

Earlier this week he was mocking the fact that Gailey's fan approval rating was 96%.

There was tons of implied negativity towards the Bills and skepticism of their performance so far this year.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Can't stand Cowherd. I think he's unlistenable. The local guys during my morning drive are really bland but I listen to them instead.

Typically can't stand opinionated, shyt-disturbing blowhards… and people who always think that they're right… who have zero humility.

That's just me.

Earlier this week he was mocking the fact that Gailey's fan approval rating was 96%.

There was tons of implied negativity towards the Bills and skepticism of their performance so far this year.

I hate Cowherd. With a passion. I think he is a radio guy who only happens to report and comment on sports. His only dog in the fight is to appeal to the biggest markets and to try to be ridiculously contrarian.

That being said--let him talk smack. It's actually refreshing to hear someone with a dour opinion of the Bills. Yes they've won 3 games, but they haven't even finished 1/4th of the season yet. Win against Cincy and get some wins out of the NFC East (including over Colin's beloved Cowboys) and we'll be able to guage things a little better. Until then, it's fun hearing the jokers trot out their schtick about how overrated the Bills are...until the next time they win.

I hear Cowherd about 30 minutes to an hour every day. I think he is just really awful. He changes his "take" on things over and over (hearing him talk about the "Heatles" last NBA season was maddening)...he insisted he the Bills would beat the Pats, just to be contrary, IMO, after interviewing Fitz...then of course, after they beat the Pats, when he is on with other ESPN "football experts" he gives the impression that he doesn't think the Bills are that good, Tom Brady just had a bad game, it was bound to happen...yadda, yadda, yadda...the Pats will improve, the Bills will be exposed...but he has to remind everyone that he picked the Bills.

Perhaps Cowherds' worst offense, for someone on the air so long...he is absolutely, 100% not funny at all...his attempts at humor are just embarrassing. I mean, I think he is attempting humor... Cowherd and Gailey couldn't be two different types of people, from what I hear...didn't hear the interview, but I am sure it was riveting!

Herd is entertaining sans the ad naseum love/apology-fest for Romo. For a QB who's not "elite" on a team that doesn't factor into anyone's Super Bowl equation, it's just totally uncalled for.

To his credit every Monday he does a segment where he was right and wrong on his predictions.

I also like that he's not deferential to "legendary" guests and doesn't bail them out when they look stupid. He had Emmit Smith on the week before the NFL season started and just let him come off as the total inarticulate, unintelligent fool he is

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack