Question regarding bills/bengals game

billsfan182

When a market's team is on the road, the game is never blacked out.

Why, back when I was a youngster, the only Bills games we saw on TV were when the Bills were on the road.

Back then the TV was run by vacuum tubes and a dinosaur dung-fired generator. Them was hard times. But we were grateful for them, by Jingo.

Why, back when I was a youngster, the only Bills games we saw on TV were when the Bills were on the road.

Back then the TV was run by vacuum tubes and a dinosaur dung-fired generator. Them was hard times. But we were grateful for them, by Jingo.

How far did you have to walk to school?

Walk? WALK?!?! We were expected to RUN, double time, in shoes made of sharp old tin cans and bottle caps, up hills built of sand that we were expected to carry with us at all times.

And we were grateful for it!

Man those must have been good times... I had to sleep in a bed last night and wear shoes and socks to walk to campus this morning. Rough life man rough life

Man those must have been good times... I had to sleep in a bed last night and wear shoes and socks to walk to campus this morning. Rough life man rough life

My Dad was a kid during the great depression. he had a million stories about how rough his childhood was. The scary thing is that they are true.

1) Had to quit school in grade 7 to support the family.

2) Couldn't afford shoelaces and had to use bailing wire to tie his shoes.

3) Couldn't afford coal to heat the house, had to walk along the railroad tracks to pick up coal that had fallen off.

4) Couldn't afford new shoes so he had to put newspapers in the soles to wear them longer.

5) Couldn't afford beef so they ate horsemeat.

I could go on forever with the stories, no wonder he is such a hard ass.

True this, dadgummit!

I was probably 12 years old ('67) before I realized the Bills logo was red. I used black electrical tape to create buffalos for my helmet, believing it looked JUST LIKE the Bills..

RED??!? When did they change that?

My Dad was a kid during the great depression. he had a million stories about how rough his childhood was. The scary thing is that they are true.

1) Had to quit school in grade 7 to support the family.

2) Couldn't afford shoelaces and had to use bailing wire to tie his shoes.

3) Couldn't afford coal to heat the house, had to walk along the railroad tracks to pick up coal that had fallen off.

4) Couldn't afford new shoes so he had to put newspapers in the soles to wear them longer.

5) Couldn't afford beef so they ate horsemeat.

I could go on forever with the stories, no wonder he is such a hard ass.

Just to be clear, I in no way wanted to disrespect anyone that grew in a hard lifestyle. My life has been comfortable to say the least and believe me I'm very thankful for it

Just to be clear, I in no way wanted to disrespect anyone that grew in a hard lifestyle. My life has been comfortable to say the least and believe me I'm very thankful for it

No, I was getting a laugh out of you guys swapping , hardass quips. It just reminded me of my Dad's constant hardluck stories I heard growing up when I would complain about something or ask for something. So I thought I would share them with you guys. Carry on, I find them funny as all hell.

No, I was getting a laugh out of you guys swapping , hardass quips. It just reminded me of my Dad's constant hardluck stories I heard growing up when I would complain about something or ask for something. So I thought I would share them with you guys. Carry on, I find them funny as all hell.

Ok good, i felt like an ass after reading that post haha

Damn this climate controlled library

Hopefully no one would take it that way, I understand completely how you feel. My grandfather grew up similar to that, but thanks to the GI Bill he went to college and forever changed my family. Because of the GI Bill he and my grandmother became school teachers, they forced my dad to go to college. My mom went because she married my dad and then felt she needed an education as well (she was the first in her family to go), then I go to school, then law school, and boom here I am today. Crazy how just 50 years ago everyone in my family was dirt poor.