Anyone getting Bills burnout?

Matty Shu

I love our start and the respect we are getting but the media coverage seems non stop. A lot of stuff is being repeated and rehashed. Maybe i'll get flamed for this but sometimes enough is enough. I mean, yeah there has to be one of these stories in the NFL each year but a little quelled enthusiasm(by the media) couldn't be a bad thing...could it?

I hope no one is taking this the wrong way, but does anyone know what I mean?

I love our start and the respect we are getting but the media coverage seems non stop. A lot of stuff is being repeated and rehashed. Maybe i'll get flamed for this but sometimes enough is enough. I mean, yeah there has to be one of these stories in the NFL each year but a little quelled enthusiasm(by the media) couldn't be a bad thing...could it?

That's why the TV has an OFF button.

I can't stomach very much of those ESPN talkers, but it is nice to hear good things about the Bills instead of just bad stuff.

The sports media will just milk and rehash any remarkable story. It's Bills and Lions right now.

Just stop watch and listening to so much of it. Put on some tunes.

I don't mind the Cinderella story lines, but I want to puke when I read the articles like "Bills/Lions Superbowl". WTF? It's only the 3rd game in the season and our defense is sub par. Please don't even consider this option as I couldn't stomach another SB loss. It would be nice to in the playoffs, but next year we will be a contender and Chan will have found the right guys to make the defense potent.

That's why the TV has an OFF button.

I can't stomach very much of those ESPN talkers, but it is nice to hear good things about the Bills instead of just bad stuff.

The sports media will just milk and rehash any remarkable story. It's Bills and Lions right now.

Just stop watch and listening to so much of it. Put on some tunes.

Yeah i get you. I still listen to NFL radio in the car though because it offers a wide sample of football topics. But the NFL Channel and ESPN are killing it.

One cool thing is that I have a twin brother and we started watching football in 86 I believe and he's a Lions fan. So right now we are joking around about a Bills/Lions Super Bowl, which would be awesome even if it is unlikely.

Edited by Matty Shu

I see what you mean, but I see it more as an energy-sucker than anything. I'll admit I watch replays way more when we're winning than when we're not. Can't get enough! But it sucks up a lot of time and energy, and makes it much tougher to accomplish any work. :wallbash::thumbsup:

Heh. Heh. That's whatcha get for listening to ESPN and so forth. We're a horrible team one week and top of the world the next.

Truth of course is somewhere in the middle, exactly where TBD over the season.

I guess I counteract by surfing around on opponents fan websites. Can find plenty of bracing critique and crap there.

Some of it is even true :) :)

It's amazing how long the high lasts when you only turn the TV on for the game and wait till the next week. No ESPN, no NFL network with Jamie douche. Try it.

But the problem is besides being an avid Bills fan, I am also a football fan in general so I like to stay on the up and up with the rest of the league.

I don't mind the Cinderella story lines, but I want to puke when I read the articles like "Bills/Lions Superbowl". WTF? It's only the 3rd game in the season and our defense is sub par. Please don't even consider this option as I couldn't stomach another SB loss. It would be nice to in the playoffs, but next year we will be a contender and Chan will have found the right guys to make the defense potent.

It's a weird sentiment. We've waited so long for another crack at it, that we naturally have apprehension of getting good enough to get back there. I know what you mean though, I was thinking the same kind of thing today. But the fact is, no matter when you get there, there's no guarantees. A lot of people said GB was a good team but a year away from contending last year. Who know where this is headed, but I do know I feel good about this week's game. The more we string together, the more serious things will get.

I took it the wrong way!

Dumbest shut I have ever read..... And I've read clayton