NY Sen. Schumer accuses OnStar of invading privacy

BillsWatch

Up until this week it was up to you to see if your car was being tracked by an inactive OnStar subscription. You do realize that this is what the whole boruhaha is about don't you?

Now the government can do more of our work for us. Can I have senator Schumer come over to my house to make sure there are enough marshmallows in every box of Lucky Charms I buy?

This crap drives me crazy. People can't get all the facts about what they buy on their own? Maybe mommy can swing by and tuck them in at night too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone looks over the engine, the tires and the fuel injectors when they buy a car. They should do a title search too.

Bah, title searches are for losers. There's nothing more exciting than buying a questionable car and doing 80 down the highway while wondering if the previous owner used junkyard parts to repair it after a collision that wasn't reported to his insurance company.

Bah, title searches are for losers. There's nothing more exciting than buying a questionable car and doing 80 down the highway while wondering if the previous owner used junkyard parts to repair it after a collision that wasn't reported to his insurance company.

Plus all you have to do is call the Senator to rescue you. That is the entire point of this thread. Mea culpa be damned.

Up until this week it was up to you to see if your car was being tracked by an inactive OnStar subscription. You do realize that this is what the whole boruhaha is about don't you?

Yes, I do. I'm saying it never occurred to me that her vehicle would be tracked by a piece of hardware for which we never had a subscription. It has an XM radio in it too, should I have to do something to make sure those folks aren't tracking her too? Should I have to make sure the "Can you hear me now" guy isn't listening in to all our household conversations by remotely activating my old cell phone that's laying around not being used?

How would someone repairing their own vehicle with used parts show up in a title search?

Yes, I do. I'm saying it never occurred to me that her vehicle would be tracked by a piece of hardware for which we never had a subscription. It has an XM radio in it too, should I have to do something to make sure those folks aren't tracking her too? Should I have to make sure the "Can you hear me now" guy isn't listening in to all our household conversations by remotely activating my old cell phone that's laying around not being used?

Yes, Yes and Yes. Or you could call a US Senator and have him do all your work for you.

At least I don't need a US Senator to hold my schtick when I go pee pee.

I suppose you also don't rely on the military when you need a war fought. How do you even find time to follow football or make fun of Canadians with all the time you must spend on the phone contacting every electronics chip manufacturer that's in anything you own in order to make sure you're not subject to anything surreptitious?

And you should brush up on your German as well. Mea Culpa is German not Greek. The Greeks were too busy planning the Pearl Harbor thing to have come up with that on their own.

I suppose you also don't rely on the military when you need a war fought. How do you even find time to follow football or make fun of Canadians with all the time you must spend on the phone contacting every electronics chip manufacturer that's in anything you own in order to make sure you're not subject to anything surreptitious?

And you should brush up on your German as well. Mea Culpa is German not Greek. The Greeks were too busy planning the Pearl Harbor thing to have come up with that on their own.

Dude you are making my point. The title search is what does all this stuff. Most states have it at the registry of deeds or the County clerk or something like that. Plus carfax.

Whatever on the origins of mea culpa. The point is it means buyer beware.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Dude you are making my point. The title search is what does all this stuff. Most states have it at the registry of deeds or the County clerk or something like that. Plus carfax.

Whatever on the origins of mea culpa. The point is it means buyer beware.

Could have sworn it was Carpe Diem but I bow to your superior intellect as you have a demonstrated history of dropping some serious knowledge.

Because I live in a city with !@#$ing sharrows

Space heaters? :unsure:

Maryland is about to pass a law giving bicyclists the right to occupy an entire traffic lane...but only on two lane roads. On four lanes, they're still limited to the shoulder. :wacko:

So I'll see your California wackiness, and raise...