Bills are for real!!

Jerry Jabber

Up until today's win over the Pats, many in the media and some fans didn't take the Bills seriously. The first game of the season, almost everyone favored the Chiefs, the Bills destroyed them and held the Chiefs to 108 rushing yards. Last week, the Bills came back from being down 21-3, held the Raiders to 131 rushing yards. Today, the Bills held the Pats to 108 yards rushing, compared to giving up 200+ yards rushing in each game vs the Pats last season and intercepted Brady 4 times (which was as many INT's Brady threw for all of last season). Also, after seeing the Raiders beat the Jets by 10 points and had 234 rushing yards against the big, bad Jets, that should give fans confidence that the Bills can beat the Jets this year as well and hot a legitimate shot not just getting a wild card spot, but winning the AFC East.

Up until today's win over the Pats, many in the media and some fans didn't take the Bills seriously. The first game of the season, almost everyone favored the Chiefs, the Bills destroyed them and held the Chiefs to 108 rushing yards. Last week, the Bills came back from being down 21-3, held the Raiders to 131 rushing yards. Today, the Bills held the Pats to 108 yards rushing, compared to giving up 200+ yards rushing in each game vs the Pats last season and intercepted Brady 4 times (which was as many INT's Brady threw for all of last season). Also, after seeing the Raiders beat the Jets by 10 points and had 234 rushing yards against the big, bad Jets, that should give fans confidence that the Bills can beat the Jets this year as well and hot a legitimate shot not just getting a wild card spot, but winning the AFC East.

You're absolutely right the Bills are for real!! Great way to point out how much better the run defense is this year. We faced the top 2 rushing teams in the first 2 weeks and held them to under 132 yards in each game. Great point about the raiders, they're for real as well, so no one should discount the Bills win last week against the Raiders, considering how they beat a tough Jets team & rushed for over 230 on their defense.

If the Bills win the AFC East title again, Buffalo would go just as nuts as they did back in 1988. I really want to see a home playoff game again!!! (It's been too damn long!!!!!)

You're absolutely right the Bills are for real!! Great way to point out how much better the run defense is this year. We faced the top 2 rushing teams in the first 2 weeks and held them to under 132 yards in each game. Great point about the raiders, they're for real as well, so no one should discount the Bills win last week against the Raiders, considering how they beat a tough Jets team & rushed for over 230 on their defense.

If the Bills win the AFC East title again, Buffalo would go just as nuts as they did back in 1988. I really want to see a home playoff game again!!! (It's been too damn long!!!!!)

I agree 100% It's been way too long since we had a home playoff game. It's long overdue. Looks like Buffalo can have to playoff teams this year. I know it's hockey pre-season, but the Sabres look good. Especially Ehrhoff, that guy is awesome with the puck!!

Last year's Bills would have lost close games like last week & this week. This year's Bills have taken the next step so far.

I do billieve the Bills are for real.

But I am not impressed by the rushing stats. Both the Chiefs and Raiders had a high yards-per-carry figure. In fact, the Bills were giving up 5.0 ypc after the first two games! The Bills ability to score forced opponents to throw, thus keeping the yardage totals down.

The Rush D did look good today, though. And the offense has been spectacular in every game so far.

But I am not impressed by the rushing stats. Both the Chiefs and Raiders had a high yards-per-carry figure. In fact, the Bills were giving up 5.0 ypc after the first two games! The Bills ability to score forced opponents to throw, thus keeping the yardage totals down.

The Rush D did look good today, though. And the offense has been spectacular in every game so far.

When this team has had to make a stop or make a play they have. 4 picks of Brady is no fluke. When the ball was in ther air it was ours.

I dont care how they win, just that they win

YPC is nothing to be worried about. Last year, the Pats ran for 200+ yards in each game and the Chiefs had 277 rushing yards as well. This year, the Bills gave up 108 rushing yards to the Chiefs & Pats, and 131 to the Raiders. That's a huge difference. Plus, the Raiders ran for over 230 yards against a tough Jets defense, so that should give you all the confidence in our run defense.

It's week 3 with 13 games to go. Be happy just don't over do it.

Yeah, but it's not too early to solidify goals, given the great start. We don't just want a home playoff game, we want Home field throughout the AFC playoffs. To achieve this we have to have more wins than any other AFC team or be ahead in tie-breakers. 1st tie-breaker is Conference wins. If the wheels don't fall off Sunday @ Cincy, we'll be 4-0 in that category.

I realize it's rarified air these days, but we're in it now and shouldn't be hoping for late season success. We should be planning on it!

YPC is nothing to be worried about. Last year, the Pats ran for 200+ yards in each game and the Chiefs had 277 rushing yards as well. This year, the Bills gave up 108 rushing yards to the Chiefs & Pats, and 131 to the Raiders. That's a huge difference. Plus, the Raiders ran for over 230 yards against a tough Jets defense, so that should give you all the confidence in our run defense.

Agreed. Plus, it never felt like the Bills were being dominated in the running game like it has in the past. Most runs seem to be for short or no gains, but a few long runs increases the average. I'm actually pretty happy with the run defense this year (so far).

Agreed. Plus, it never felt like the Bills were being dominated in the running game like it has in the past. Most runs seem to be for short or no gains, but a few long runs increases the average. I'm actually pretty happy with the run defense this year (so far).

The past few years, it seemed like the Bills were due to give up ~10 long runs per game, at least 5 of which came after a missed tackle.

This year there've been a handful of long runs but there have been very few broken tackles. I'm ecstatic about how well the run D has played. Looking forward to seeing how the D does this weekend against a team without a top rushing / overall attack.