Inspirational Thoughts/Videos for Sunday

tjprime

Just finished up watching the Miracle and while I thought the whole movie was good, the final locker room speech given by Russell to the team is something I hope Gailey expresses to the team before Sunday. Found a clip of it, just replace hockey with football and Patriots for soviets. Also including one on how to beat said team in a film session.

And the last thought comes from Pursuit of Happiness and goes to all those people saying Buffalo cannot beat the Patriots Sunday:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

I just love me some sentimental cheese. God help me, I love it so.

I'm not a Shakespeare guy but Kenneth Branagh's St. Crispin's Day speech in Henry V is amazing.

With his army outnumbered by the enemy, he inspired his men to be victorious, or to die in the glory or heroism.

My buddy played this before the Bills 3rd Super Bowl as we were in the midst of mental torture… fearing another Super Bowl loss as we had been conditioned to… fearing and even expecting catastrophic, nationally-televised embarrassment.

Had Marv played this movie scene in the locker room, we would have undoubtedly won. After watching the speech, my buddies and I were ready to go through the TV and whip the Cowboys ourselves.

"And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered- We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother… "

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Rocky IV quote before fight Drago......No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know. :thumbsup:

Rocky IV quote before fight Drago......No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know. :thumbsup:

An all time classic! Good show, my man, good show!