Bills' team huddle before kickoff last Sunday

After the team introductions last Sunday, the Bills gathered around Shawn Merriman at midfield. Merriman was rallying the troops with a fiery speech (a la Ray Lewis) and had the whole team jumping up and down together. Was cool to see, the first time I've seen this team do this. By any chance does anyone have a video of this? If not, at least maybe someone can get video of it this coming Sunday.

After the team introductions last Sunday, the Bills gathered around Shawn Merriman at midfield. Merriman was rallying the troops with a fiery speech (a la Ray Lewis) and had the whole team jumping up and down together. Was cool to see, the first time I've seen this team do this. By any chance does anyone have a video of this? If not, at least maybe someone can get video of it this coming Sunday.

It's a shame the Merriman didn't play as well as he expected the rest of the team to do.

So many people are saying he's not playing good. I think he is ten times better than what we had. I don't think it was in the game plan to have him rush the qb, and when we did it was a screen or slant pass. I think they had us remain in the areas and stop the running lanes. Remember KC and OAK. are run teams. Lets see if we dont something with the pats before we cut or say Merriman isn't playing well. Our defense has shored up BIG TIME. I would take a team effort and doing what we have been than a guy who has some sacks. Sacks are important but the last two teams were/are run teams so we will see when we meet up with a pass happy team.

It's a shame the Merriman didn't play as well as he expected the rest of the team to do.

Sorry but youre wrong. While watching the replay on NFLN last night, I keyed in on Merriman a few times. Each time, they had him taking 2-3 steps and then playing containment. Even during passing plays. We were DEAD SET on stopping the run. He did his job.

Sorry but youre wrong. While watching the replay on NFLN last night, I keyed in on Merriman a few times. Each time, they had him taking 2-3 steps and then playing containment. Even during passing plays. We were DEAD SET on stopping the run. He did his job.

I saw the same thing, so I second this...

I've been waiting for one of you to notice and point this out. You are exactly correct. Good eyes!

Merriman isn't doing less than what he did in San Diego.

Really, he's not.

San Diego's defense during Merriman's tenure wasn't all about sending the house, including Merriman to get to the quarterback because you didn't need to all the time. Sometimes you needed to stop the run like we have had to in the first two games. You don't blitz to stop the run.

This week, you may see some more "house sending" but not all the time. A key game to watch or research if you have access is the 2006 AFC Divisional Playoff game between NE and SD. They got to Brady a lot and also intercepted him three times, but it wasn't wall to wall blitz. Half the problem was that NE had no idea when or where the blitz was coming from.

You also have to remember that NE mocked his Lights Out dance at the end of that playoff game. I'm pretty sure he hasn't forgotten that.

The last 2 games are in the books as wins. We scored more than both of our opponents, and at the end of the year, that is the stat that gets you in the playoffs. Before we write off Merriman, lets see how he does against a passhappy team like the Pats. IF he wipes that smarmy smirk off of Tom Brady's face on Sunday, then all of the naysayers will be singing a different tune.

Count me impressed that a player like Merriman does what his coaches ask him to do instead of what he thinks he should do. This game is still won 11 at a time.