My Thoughts On How To Win This Game

Bill from NYC

1) Gailey: I have SO much respect for Gailey in terms of him being an offensive mind, I am thinking that he can score us 14 points or so. He is able to implement his ideas/visions, and it shows. And, Fitz looks to be very capable of doing just this.

2) Fitz: See #1

3) Dareus: NE has a very good OL. Dareus is a kid, but he is a very good kid. He will need to keep pushing the line of scrimage back. This, as we have seen, frees up others to make plays.

4) Brad Smith: This kid is going to win us a game. I can feel it. Be it a pass, reception, or yet another key first down, we really need this kid to keep up his fine level of play. And, when I praise a situational player, there is something to it I dare say.

5) Merriman: I KNOW what I saw in preseason. He was a flat out monster. We need pass rush from the edge. If he fails, let us see more of Batten. I for one think/hope that Merriman will have a bust out game.

6) I propose a toast to this team being in contention, and to us fans for our loyalty in the face of SO many bad decisions and poor play. A win would set this community on fire. :beer:

7) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Pressure Brady.

2. Get at least 5 sacks.

3. Take out the TE's (do we really want to put LB's on them to cover them?).

4. Fitz has to secure the ball.

5. Feed Fred.

6. Crowd noise.

7. Have our corners actually defend the ball not just tackle.

1. Pressure Brady.

2. Get at least 5 sacks.

3. Take out the TE's (do we really want to put LB's on them to cover them?).

4. Fitz has to secure the ball.

5. Feed Fred.

6. Crowd noise.

7. Have our corners actually defend the ball not just tackle.

This,IMO, is the number one priority to win the game. Fitz is a gunslinger, which is great, but he got away with 2-3 potential picks against Oakland.

This,IMO, is the number one priority to win the game. Fitz is a gunslinger, which is great, but he got away with 2-3 potential picks against Oakland.

I second this. I watched the last QTR of the Raiders game tonight and it's funny, it's so easy to get caught up in the euphoria of winning that you overlook "what could have been". That's not to say that we didn't deserve to win; because we certainly did, but the fact of the matter is that game could have just as easily been a loss for us. Fitz can't play risky like that against NE unless our backs are to the wall.

In his defense though, the near INT that Jones broke up in the end zone resulted from poor pass protection. Fitz had NO time to get rid of the ball.

Overall, I feel confident though, especially b/c they have some injuries on their D line!

5) Merriman: I KNOW what I saw in preseason. He was a flat out monster. We need pass rush from the edge. If he fails, let us see more of Batten. I for one think/hope that Merriman will have a bust out game.

7) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think, Merriman is injured more than he or the team has let on. We know he "dinged" his shoulder/arm in week 1. In the Raider game, he had 2 shots to make a tackle if he just lays out and goes after the runner. In both instances, he doesn't and the RB runs right by for a decent gain. IMO, if he's fully healthy or at least not worried about his shoulder... he at least tries to make those tackles.

The first 2 games the Bills D played to stop the run. They over committed entirely to it. And it worked. In this game, however, I think they have to switch tactics and play to rush the passer. Get after Brady and get after him all day. That has to be the game plan. The Pats* are all about timing. You have to do disrupt that with pressure in his face and jamming the receivers. It's a risky plan, but one thing we know... if you sit back in a zone and give Brady all day to throw they'll win every time.

Offensively, I'd say just keep doing what they're doing for the most part. However, more running will slow the rush down and serve to give Brady less time... so feed Freddie the ball. And they're going to have to work the deeper passes in. Most of the passing game has been quick, short patterns. They have to make them defend the whole field and give them something else to think about.