Dear Chan

Sit in coverage, sit underneath. Force him to take his shots down field. Mix up man, zone, combo, and zone blitz. Hit him when you can, if it's a little late so be it, just be smart about it. Don't do it on 3rd, 2nd and 2, ya, let him know he might still get rocked even if he gets it out in 1 second. Go for it more on 4th down, we saw it the undefeated year. Teams started to realize they had to do nontraditional things. Lot's of evidence suggests coaches are way to conservative with how they approach 4th downs. What do we have to lose. Outside our own 40 we need to consider more of a 4 down game plan. That will help us control the ball more, limit possessions. Less possessions the better.

Dear Chan,

I really liked what you did with the draft. You went with 7 out of 9 picks on defense. I wanted all 9 on defense and begged for it around draft time. But 7 outta 9 aint bad. Its a cool song. Check it out when you get a chance. Anyway, you are 0-3 against patriots. Listen to me Chan, and you will probably be 3-3 at the end of the year vs Patriots.

Everyone knows you have to put brady on his ass to rattle his cage. That is slowly becoming his legacy, in my opinion. Now what Im going to say is going to sound obvious, however, necessary.

Blits him a lot.

MAN TO MAN coverage. I see a lot of zone. Zone coverage doesnt work on a fast armed qb. That's just giving away yards, first downs, long drives. Which is what they want.

Abandon the run-stop as a main priority.

Have your defensive back ups ready to go in. But I mean fully ready. Which means helmets stay on. (I know Chan, sounds silly. But every "little" thing adds up)

Test Merriman Sunday. See if he's the real deal.

On offense Im going to "let you do what you do"

I also want your coaches to continue coaching the whole game. 4th quarter mistakes against the patriots is just asking for a loss. Mcelvin fumbled vs the patriots monday night like a year or two ago when he should have settled with one running effort or a plain touchback. He fumbled on his second effort in gaining a little extra yardage. Someone needed to tell him, "You dont need to win the game for us. Game is over. Touchback if possible. If not possible, catch the ball. Get a few yards. Run out of bounds after the 20. But securing the football is top priority. Fumbling is not an option here"

Get more FAs. We are under cap. True contenders now. Lets get some more power to secure the deal.

For the most part, you are the man.

Now someone please fax this to Chan and all his coaches. J/k

I really think all of the above will help the bills beat the pats

Any thoughts? And be constructive please

Corner and safety blitzes would be the game plan I had in mind. Have to do something different against the Patriots.

Blitzing Brady a lot is probably the worst thing you could do. He lives to hit his receivers on quick slants and dump offs.

You need to switch up your coverages and hope you get pressure with your front 3 or 4. The PAts like to take advantage of what the defense's weakness is. So far, it's been our coverage. Lot for a lot of throws from Brady. I think the defense where Scott plays an LB could be very useful this week.

This is absolutely true IF you let his WR's and TE's release with a 5 yard cushion. You know what I say, !@#$ that, jam the **** out of them at the line of scrimmage. There's absolutely no way Welker should step a foot across the line of scrimmage and not get knocked on his ass. Roll coverage and have Byrd or Wilson bust has ass as soon as he tries to get out into the pattern. As Dick Jauron would say "It's hard to catch passes when you're lying on your back".

Everyone tries to out-think Brady. Well you can't do it. You can mix it up and try to confuse him but he's going to burn you. What the Patriots are susceptible to is physicality. You have to physically beat the **** out of them. Their WR's and TE's need to be pounded, grabbed, thrown and flung into the backfield. Do that, and Marcia will cry like a B word and the Bills will win the game.

They're a finesse team now and they're extremely soft.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I would ordinarily agree with you. But, how were the blitz-happy jets able to stymie Brady last year?

They didn't blitz Brady that much.

They generated incredible pressure with 4 and even 3 man fronts

They were able to cover very very well and take away all the quick-slant, across the middle stuff Brady thrives on when blitzed

I remember seeing Brady lurching around the backfield like a lost soul in Purgatory, yearning for an uncovered receiver

It was a very, very good game plan, well coached and well executed

This is absolutely true IF you let his WR's and TE's release with a 5 yard cushion. You know what I say, !@#$ that, jam the **** out of them at the line of scrimmage. There's absolutely no way Welker should step a foot across the line of scrimmage and not get knocked on his ass. Roll coverage and have Byrd or Wilson bust has ass as soon as he tries to get out into the pattern. As Dick Jauron would say "It's hard to catch passes when you're lying on your back".

Everyone tries to out-think Brady. Well you can't do it. You can mix it up and try to confuse him but he's going to burn you. What the Patriots are susceptible to is physicality. You have to physically beat the **** out of them. Their WR's and TE's need to be pounded, grabbed, thrown and flung into the backfield. Do that, and Marcia will cry like a B word and the Bills will win the game.

+10000 I have said this in many threads pound them off the line and dont let them release while bringing marcia the heat

Edited by bills_fan_in_raleigh

Honestly, 3 out of the last 4 games (2 of which Chan coached) were 1 possession games...the major problems in each of those games? turnovers/mistakes. If the Bills can keep the Patsies out of their heads and stay focused, that will in turn limit the turnovers.

I don't really think that they need to change much of their game plan. Small tweaks are all it is going to take I believe. I seriously think this is going to be another shootout, and whoever has the ball last is going to win.

Chan better change his game plan from the last Bills-NE game he coached.

Their TEs a re big guys. Welker takes a pretty good beating. We don't have physical DBs.