Some where in the confines of Ralph Wilson Enterprises

Peeing his pants at the thought of having to extend Fitz, Johnson and Freddy to franchise style contracts.

In my opinion all three are deserving and are the foundation of this high powered offense as this team continues to develop but Little Jeffrey would never give extensions to all three. Handing out high impact contracts to multiple players would clearly devalue an organization that should be for sale the moment Mr. Wilson passes. How do you think all three of these players feel now that Roscoe (who was supposedly in negotiations for an extension) is done for the year and will probably never play for the type of money had he not gotten injured? When one or more of these players fails to receive an extension you can point the finger solely in the direction of Little Jeffrey and his penny pinching ways.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/134157/37/Forbes-Bills-Among-NFLs-Most-Profitable-Teams

Bills will dump the salaries of McGee and Parrish next season in order to at least take some of the finical pressure off. Also I think that the franchise spending money to keep all 3 will also be offset by the fact that they will be winning more (Hopefully) and that winning will bring in more money to further offset the added costs.

Also the Bills have to reach the spending floor in a few years spending money now helps them at least give the money to players that better deserve it and the fans are attached to.

Peeing his pants at the thought of having to extend Fitz, Johnson and Freddy to franchise style contracts.

In my opinion all three are deserving and are the foundation of this high powered offense as this team continues to develop but Little Jeffrey would never give extensions to all three. Handing out high impact contracts to multiple players would clearly devalue an organization that should be for sale the moment Mr. Wilson passes. How do you think all three of these players feel now that Roscoe (who was supposedly in negotiations for an extension) is done for the year and will probably never play for the type of money had he not gotten injured? When one or more of these players fails to receive an extension you can point the finger solely in the direction of Little Jeffrey and his penny pinching ways.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/134157/37/Forbes-Bills-Among-NFLs-Most-Profitable-Teams

No Littman is not.

Littman makes no decision on who gets paid. He is an accountant. He could care less who gets the money as long as he hits his budget and financial goals that are set to him by Ralph. We all know that he will do exactly what Ralph wants, to the tee.

He probably does not know these players at all.

With the minimum spending line coming into force in 2013 they will have to spend more anyway.

Besides - as much as I like Fred Jackson, who is basically my favorite Bill, realistically the team is not likely to give him an extension. He is signed through 2012. At the end of that contract - he will be about to turn 32. What kind of extension do you think they would sign him to? Just one extra year (through 2013)? Through 2014, but without a guarantee after 2012? What good would that do either side, really? His best hope is that the team trades him before 2012 starts, and his new team gives him a 3-year deal. I hate this situation but I don't see them paying him more for "fairness".

Besides - as much as I like Fred Jackson, who is basically my favorite Bill, realistically the team is not likely to give him an extension. He is signed through 2012. At the end of that contract - he will be about to turn 32. What kind of extension do you think they would sign him to? Just one extra year (through 2013)? Through 2014, but without a guarantee after 2012? What good would that do either side, really? His best hope is that the team trades him before 2012 starts, and his new team gives him a 3-year deal. I hate this situation but I don't see them paying him more for "fairness".

It's VERY common for deserving players to have "new money" added to their existing contracts in an extension scenario.

Not saying the Bills will do it… but many teams add new money to contracted players who've outperformed their contracts but still have years left on them.

I love Fred Jackson, but he ain't gettin an extension from this team. The other guys definitely should. Freddy signed a deal recently and by the time that deal plays out he will be at that age where you just don't get paid much as a RB.

Edited by FluffHead

I love Fred Jackson, but he ain't gettin an extension from this team. The other guys definitely should. Freddy signed a deal recently and by the time that deal plays out he will be at that age where you just don't get paid much as a RB.

Again… extensions often take the form of revised contracts with "new money" added… and sometimes additional years.

If the Bills want to extend Fred, there are no obstacles (not saying that they will).

In fact an extension could be done with virtually zero negative cap ramifications and even some benefits.

Again… extensions often take the form of revised contracts with "new money" added… and sometimes additional years.

If the Bills want to extend Fred, there are no obstacles (not saying that they will).

In fact an extension could be done with virtually zero negative cap ramifications and even some benefits.

If they want to give him new money, that's a good move IMO. I'm not sure how many years are left on his deal, but I would be careful if it's any more than 3 years after this year

Freddie's contract is certainly the most interesting of the 3. To me, Fitz and Stevie can be slotted into 7 mil/year and 9 mil/year contracts respectively. Freddie has similar value to the team as the situation currently stands and he's running like a 25 year old in his prime...but damn, do RBs hit "the wall" quickly.