This one's for crayonz...

OCinBuffalo

Canadians pay Deloitte 90k a day for advice on how to save money

This is expert skill. Apparently not every D&T partner is completely inept. And, I guess they decided to drop the Touche...good...it sounded too much like douche...and I always hated having to say the firm's full name to people. I see PWC got in on the act as well.

Silly Canadians, the American firm will muscle in and take 80% of the billable hours anyway, which is how I ended up in Toronto for 9 months. :D

This is expert skill. Apparently not every D&T partner is completely inept. And, I guess they decided to drop the Touche...good...it sounded too much like douche...and I always hated having to say the firm's full name to people. I see PWC got in on the act as well.

Silly Canadians, the American firm will muscle in and take 80% of the billable hours anyway, which is how I ended up in Toronto for 9 months. :D

Did you work for Deloitte & Touche? Or were you just affiliated with them?

Do they realize that if the project is a wild success they will have only saved CANADIAN money? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

On the flip side, if the project flops they haven't lost much.

Did you work for Deloitte & Touche? Or were you just affiliated with them?

Worked there. I was at PWC when a turd Deloitte partner hired me away for 2x the money, only to put me on the beach for 6 months, so I quit. I think he only hired me so he could brag that he got over on PWC. Turd.

This....

Oh god. Why would you open the door for him to talk about himself?

followed by this...

Every one of my Bucknell friends was desperate to get a job there. Most fit right in perfectly. It's slightly more functional than a big law firm.

= EPIC FAIL. I love it when I don't even have to write anything. :lol: What a phony. The lawyer has to come in and make sure we are aware of his "status". :lol: Edit: Boy. those 6 hours between posts must have been killing you, huh? All that time, thinking about a way to insert yourself into this thread...but yeah...I'm the narcissist. :lol: You still haven't looked up the word "projection" yet, have you?

I worked with them for a few years. It was one of the most unprofessional, abusive, and catty atmospheres I've ever seen.

Years?: Jeez...things must have gone soft. I am surprised they didn't find a way to get you fired in the first 3 months. Nothing personal on you, that's just what they do. It's like playing darts at a bar.

These mugs are everywhere, the "PricewaterhouseCoopers rules Deloitte Touche drools" graffiti is pervasive on marble stalls, usually done in gold leaf with a fancy letter stencil, the last one I saw had "Ernst & Young Biotches" written over it with a sharpie though.

:lol: I will never forget the $15 mil dropped by D&T Pittsburgh office...on a f'ing giant fish tank. They had to reconstruct the entire floor to support it. Why? Because the managing partner liked fish.

lucky you in escaping a third world nation.

jw

I actually liked that gig. North York, free nice apartment, pantloads of decent women running around...if it wasn't for the project sucking so badly, I might have stayed...but they all got fired 2 months after I left anyway.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

This....

followed by this...

= EPIC FAIL. I love it when I don't even have to write anything. :lol: What a phony. The lawyer has to come in and make sure we are aware of his "status". :lol: Edit: Boy. those 6 hours between posts must have been killing you, huh? All that time, thinking about a way to insert yourself into this thread...but yeah...I'm the narcissist. :lol: You still haven't looked up the word "projection" yet, have you?

Status? You think having friends who went to Bucknell is me bragging about status? I was pointing out that a bunch of dysfuncitonal idiots I know who went to Bucknell fit in perfectly at D&Douche--and you make it about me bragging? Talk about projection.

I put zero stock in where someone went to school, and less stock in any nonscience college degree.

Good minding reading there Zoltar!

Edited by John Adams

Years?: Jeez...things must have gone soft. I am surprised they didn't find a way to get you fired in the first 3 months. Nothing personal on you, that's just what they do. It's like playing darts at a bar.

Sub to a sub to D&T, contracted to a federal agency. Everyone else loved my ass, so there was a lot of politics involved in getting me kicked off the project (catty, like I said).

The most stunning thing, I think, is how the partners and management would routinely berate their reports with public, obscenity-laced tirades. I once saw a partner come in to a meeting and interrupt to rake over the coals a project manager in front of half the technical staff for not inviting someone to the meeting that she thought should be there (even though she had no idea what the meeting was about).

I've seen that in a few places...the attitude that "you can't manage people unless they fear you." Never found an evironment like that that was even remotely worth working in.

Status? You think having friends who went to Bucknell is me bragging about status?

Not like the status my D'Youville College friends give me, certainly.

I put zero stock in where someone went to school, and less stock in any nonscience college degree.

Women's Studies is considered a science. Just sayin'...

Status? You think having friends who went to Bucknell is me bragging about status? I was pointing out that a bunch of dysfuncitonal idiots I know who went to Bucknell fit in perfectly at D&Douche--and you make it about me bragging? Talk about projection.

Good minding reading there Zoltar!

Status as a lawyer, moron...and how dysfunctional big law firms are, blah. What does any of this have to do with being a lawyer?

Bucknell falls under the "talking about myself" category.

Bragging about having friends that went to Bucknell is absurd. Of course that's not what I meant. I don't think you are completely nuts...I just think you are a phony.

Trying to play it off? Sorry. Telling people not to let me talk about myself....but then talking about yourself? Yeah...it's like I said: projection.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

<br />Status as a lawyer, moron...and how dysfunctional big law firms are, blah. What does any of this have to do with being a lawyer? <br /><br />Bucknell falls under the "talking about myself" category. <br /><br />Bragging about having friends that went to Bucknell is absurd. Of course that's not what I meant. I don't think you are completely nuts...I just think you are a phony.<br /><br />Trying to play it off? Sorry. Telling people not to let me talk about myself....but then talking about yourself? Yeah...it's like I said: projection.<br />

So I mention that big law firm lawyers are dysfunctional and that's me pushing my status as a lawyer and talking about...myself? You're right about something. You're not projecting. You're delusional.

You've accused me of using my status as a lawyer before and couldn't show where I've ever played the lawyer card. Why should this time be any different? Try to keep up sparky.

And don't you have a lecture to give on how you reformed a generation of weak children of baby boomers? Oh wait. That was yesterday's narcissistic lecture topic.

Edited by John Adams