Bills D-line mugged

SouthernMan

(last play)

Huh, what did they want on that, PI?

Believe it or not and in contrast to what the slomo seems to show clearly, they think their receiver got his hand on the ball 1st and came down with it, so it should have been TD Oak

It looks pretty clear cut that Searcy got both hands on the ball first and hung on all the way to the ground despite energetic attempts to pull it lose.

They held McFadden down; Bush had one good run; and the WR reverse netted 25 yards. It was a pretty solid day against one of the best running teams in the league.

The D got killed on 3rd down screens, which is correctable.

Then for goodness sake, let's correct it or every freakin' team in the league is going to be killing us on 3rd down screens after they watch that film.

Bill Belichek is already planning the dissection.

I agree, solid job by the run D. I think this is one where the stats don't tell the whole story. They did allow a couple good scampers - that's hard to avoid all game long.

Long runs aside, they were very stout. McFadden went nowhere most of the time. I don't think the Raiders expected that.

It did come at the expense of daring Campbell to beat us with the pass. He took the dare.

Believe it or not and in contrast to what the slomo seems to show clearly, they think their receiver got his hand on the ball 1st and came down with it, so it should have been TD Oak

It looks pretty clear cut that Searcy got both hands on the ball first and hung on all the way to the ground despite energetic attempts to pull it lose.

Thanks, they are nuts, I certainly though so too when watching it live (heh we've all been watching the Bills for too long) but once the slomo shows it's very very clear that Da'Norris caught it clear.

danorrisint.JPG

Edited by bladiebla

The Raiders make it hard for the officials by (according to all non-Bills analysts I have heard and read) pushing the envelope on penalties. The zebras will not call every possible infraction—how could they?—and to be honest it is better to let the players play. The problem for the Raiders is that eventually the flags will flutter... such as the penalties deep in their own territory late in the game. That is how things even out.

Front or back of the jersey?

Back. Which is why I noticed it so easily. As a former left tackle I know...you don't get away with stuff like that on the outside of the line very often. Your blocking is the most visible.