Chronic's Raiders take

Chronic

Our backup runningback had more TD's than the whole Bills rushing offense...

Yea...I'd say the Bills RB's are =

lol

Really? *rummage* *rummage*

Let's see, that would be:

1 rushing touchdown last week for your backup running back (Campbell)

1 rushing touchdown last week for our backup running back (Spiller)

1 > 1?

Must be that new math they teach in the Left coast schools.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? *rummage* *rummage*

Let's see, that would be:

1 rushing touchdown last week for your backup running back (Campbell)

1 rushing touchdown last week for our backup running back (Spiller)

1 > 1?

Must be that new math they teach in the Left coast schools.

We're talking 2010

2011 - DMAC has more yards than both Jackson and Spiller combined.

Chiefs were not a playoff team...they were clearly pretending.

? Their players all put their pretend playoff paychecks in the bank, and the checks cleared for real

This repetiDis of your division winner from last year is really getting lame.

In case you didn't notice, Oakland barely squeaked by a Denver team that drafted above the Bills, in weather conditions likely to hinder Den's passing game.

Get the sequence right: Win your division first.

Then you can talk all you like about "pretenders" from last year who finish below you.

The Chiefs are a bad team when they're proven a bad team, and not before.

One game isn't nearly proof, any more than one game is proof Bills are a good team now.

Which teams did you lose to last year?

Pitt, Miami, Jax, Indy, SF, Hou, AZ, Tenn

The Raiders lost to some games to some bad teams. I'm getting more optimistic about our chances.

Indeed we did, however, you lost to some great teams last year and I still like our chances.

In fact, Bills lost to a couple of the same bad teams we did.. and a couple bad ones (Minnesota?)

and you lost to the Chiefs last year, who we swept.

Pitt, Miami, Jax, Indy, SF, Hou, AZ, Tenn

Indeed we did, however, you lost to some great teams last year and I still like our chances.

In fact, Bills lost to a couple of the same bad teams we did.. and a couple bad ones (Minnesota?)

and you lost to the Chiefs last year, who we swept.

We are a much improved team from last. This game will be a good measuring stick of the progress made. Cant wait to watch the game.

I'm enjoying this. These Raiders fans are kind of funny. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

This game is very simple. This year, you will need a shut down defense to keep the Bills under 28 points. We're talking Jets, Ravens, maybe Pats*, maybe Bears when Urlacher is playing well, maybe Steelers if they pull things together.

Raiders are not on this list. They have a decent defense, like the Bills, but not great or shut down.

So, can the Raiders score over 30 points just by running the ball? Easy answer, no. Maybe 20, maybe 24.

Raiders will not be able to keep up with Bills offense, even if they own time of possession (which I doubt they will - it's easy to key on the run defense when that's all the other team offers).

Bills 31, Raiders 23

*facepalm*

Raiders are the 2nd best rushing team in the NFL

The Bills are the 18th best rushing team in the NFL

Raiders are the 6th highest scoring team in the NFL

Bills are almost dead last at 28 in scoring

Raider rush avg is 5 yards a pop

Bills are at 4.3

Raiders had 19 rushing TD's

Bills had an abysmal 6 rushing TD's last year

Stop doing this to yourself...

The numbers mean nothing. Half of your numbers were against some of the worst teams in the league. If the Bills got to play in your division I guarantee they'd have 4-5 more wins. You lose site of the fact we play the Patriots and the Jets twice EVERY season. You think the Raiders would win those games? We also played the Packers and the Ravens. The Raiders wouldn't have won those games either!

The Bills took the Ravens and the Steelers to overtime. You got stomped by Pittsburgh and your amazing running game put up a whopping 3 points.

Child please.......

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

We're talking 2010

Who is this "we"? Have you got a mouse in your pocket?

I'm not talking about 2010. It's the 2011 football season now. Those 2010 yards won't help you win.

I don't care how many yards McFadden got against Denver.

Everyone knows Davis drafts for a track team, and if ya miss enough tackles it's time for 100 yd dash.

If you like, I'll even throw in repeat acknowledgement that he's a fine back and a better back than our starter, Freddy

What I want to know is how many touchdowns did he score? (That would be 0)

How many 3rd downs did he convert? (That looks like...one?)

Why did Oakland only convert 1/3 of their 3rd downs, with such a mightly line blocking for stellar backs?

Why did they settle for 3 field goals, with all that blocking and running firepower?

Why did Denver have 25 1st downs to 20 for Oakland and throw for >300 yds even with the mighty and athletic Denver DL living in their backfield?

Can you elucidate these mysteries of football for my lowly AFC East hopeful self?

'Cuz from here it looks like the answer to my questions are:

1) Oakland had 3rd and long because they dug themselves into holes by being undisciplined goons

2) When they gave the ball to McFadden on 3rd he didn't get it done

So if they were in FG range, they got 3. If they weren't they were done.

I love the idea of undisciplined, penalty-prone goons rolling into the Ralph. Rock!

I think you guys all have it mistaken... We are playing the 2011 season right now, not the 2010 one!!

+1

:oops:

WHOA!! Talk about "delusions of grandeur"

I'm enjoying this. These Raiders fans are kind of funny. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

This game is very simple. This year, you will need a shut down defense to keep the Bills under 28 points. We're talking Jets, Ravens, maybe Pats*, maybe Bears when Urlacher is playing well, maybe Steelers if they pull things together.

After one game against an inflated Chiefs team....you are writing stuff like this in stone... WOW!!

Raiders are not on this list. They have a decent defense, like the Bills, but not great or shut down.

Arguable...but continue...Raiders D Line is DEFINITELY better... everything else might be a wash

So, can the Raiders score over 30 points just by running the ball? Easy answer, no. Maybe 20, maybe 24.

Perhaps not... but if we score 20..you have to score 21. That isn't a given....no matter what model you use.

Raiders will not be able to keep up with Bills offense, even if they own time of possession (which I doubt they will - it's easy to key on the run defense when that's all the other team offers).

Bills 31, Raiders 23

Thing is.. We don't offer Run D.. last year we were the second ranked PASS D and second in the league in sacks. Last week we stuffed the run. So if the Raiders can stuff the run now too??? It will be a very, very long day for the Bills because we already know they can get at the passer just like they did last season.

Who is this "we"? Have you got a mouse in your pocket?

I'm not talking about 2010. It's the 2011 football season now. Those 2010 yards won't help you win.

I don't care how many yards McFadden got against Denver.

Everyone knows Davis drafts for a track team, and if ya miss enough tackles it's time for 100 yd dash.

If you like, I'll even throw in repeat acknowledgement that he's a fine back and a better back than our starter, Freddy

What I want to know is how many touchdowns did he score? (That would be 0)

How many 3rd downs did he convert? (That looks like...one?)

Why did Oakland only convert 1/3 of their 3rd downs, with such a mightly line blocking for stellar backs?

Why did they settle for 3 field goals, with all that blocking and running firepower?

Why did Denver have 25 1st downs to 20 for Oakland and throw for >300 yds even with the mighty and athletic Denver DL living in their backfield?

Can you elucidate these mysteries of football for my lowly AFC East hopeful self?

'Cuz from here it looks like the answer to my questions are:

1) Oakland had 3rd and long because they dug themselves into holes by being undisciplined goons

2) When they gave the ball to McFadden on 3rd he didn't get it done

So if they were in FG range, they got 3. If they weren't they were done.

I love the idea of undisciplined, penalty-prone goons rolling into the Ralph. Rock!

+1

3 plays on 3rd down wher they handed it to McFadden...

one he ripped a 20 yard run.

the other he had 6 and 2..

Sorry that 3rd and long runs aren't getting converted... Most NFL RB's aren't going to "get it done".. Not sure if you thought that was your ace up the sleeve or whatever. But if it was, come a little harder.

Yes, they had an undisciplined game. And still won despite 15 and 131 in penalties in Denver.

They won't be nearly as undisciplined this Sunday.. Which is bad for the Bills.

EDIT: Hopeful, want to know what a stellar O Line and beastly runing game does for you??

Check out the last drive of the game

3:43 4th Oak 1st & 10 at Oak20 Michael Bush rush to the right for 10 yards to the Oak30. Tackled by Von Miller.

2:59 4th Oak 1st & 10 at Oak30 Michael Bush rush up the middle for 2 yards to the Oak32. Tackled by Brodrick Bunkley.

2:54 4th Oak 2nd & 8 at Oak32 Denver Broncos timeout.

2:54 4th Oak 2nd & 8 at Oak32 Jason Campbell pass to the right to Darrius Heyward-Bey for 9 yards to the Oak41. Tackled by Cassius Vaughn.

2:11 4th Oak 1st & 10 at Oak41 Michael Bush rush up the middle for 2 yards to the Oak43. Tackled by Joe Mays.

2:05 4th Oak 2nd & 8 at Oak43 Denver Broncos timeout.

2:05 4th Oak 2nd & 8 at Oak43 Michael Bush rush to the right for 12 yards to the Den45. Tackled by Brian Dawkins.

2:00 4th Oak 1st & 10 at Den45 Two Minute Warning.

2:00 4th Oak 1st & 10 at Den45 Jason Campbell rush up the middle for a loss of 3 yards to the Den48. Tackled by Jason Hunter.

1:17 4th Oak 2nd & 13 at Den48 Jason Campbell rush up the middle for a loss of 2 yards to the Oak50.

0:36 4th Oak 3rd & 15 at Oak50 Jason Campbell rush up the middle for a loss of 2 yards to the Oak48.

Don't see one third down on that drive do you?? That's called a nail in the coffin... look at the pass to rush ratio... And they KNEW the run was coming and still couldn't stop it..

How do you like those apples??

sorry, there WAS a third down... the Campbell kneel

Edited by Bump

WHOA!! Talk about "delusions of grandeur"

After one game against an inflated Chiefs team....you are writing stuff like this in stone... WOW!!

Arguable...but continue...Raiders D Line is DEFINITELY better... everything else might be a wash

Perhaps not... but if we score 20..you have to score 21. That isn't a given....no matter what model you use.

Thing is.. We don't offer Run D.. last year we were the second ranked PASS D and second in the league in sacks. Last week we stuffed the run. So if the Raiders can stuff the run now too??? It will be a very, very long day for the Bills because we already know they can get at the passer just like they did last season.

:lol:

Good luck tomorrow. You're going to end up a bit disappointed.

Close game at halftime. Over by the start of the 4th.

2nd ranked pass defense Last season. Nnamdi Asmogudghkldahdgklhadlvknarjkn is now in Philly. New ballgame there.

Yea we're really going to miss out on Nnamdi covering the #2 all over the field... Stanford Routt graded out as a top 3 corner last year per PFF

Brondon Lloyd couldn't do anything. And Stevie Johnson will be on Routt Island come 1pm tomorrow. you will see.

OK we all know where we stand. And we know Bump will be here to remind us how right he was if the Raiders win but the real question is, will you have the balls to show up on here tomorrow if the Raiders lose and own up to it?

There's a reason raider fans wear costumes lol

This game is very simple. This year, you will need a shut down defense to keep the Bills under 28 points.

The Bills were the 28th scoring offense last year.. they had 6 rushing TD's and won 4 games last year.. they beat up on a bad team in week 1 and now all of a sudden the 2nd ranked rushing team and the 6th highest scoring offense needs to score at least 28 to win?

Unreal.. you been hitting the sauce already?

If the 2nd ranked rushing team in the NFL and the 6th highest scoring offensive team needs to score 28 to beat the Bills then what your really saying is that most teams in the NFL need to score 30 to beat the Bills

Frekin people are absoluelty unreal here.. C'mon man, we were off to a good start.. lets not get all 13 year old goofy on this board mkay?

Edited by Chronic