Full seasons

NoSaint

I am wondering who out there (probably in another market) watches other teams play 16 games a season.

As the name implies I'm a saints season ticket holder and in the last 5 or so years haven't missed a game. It's definitely given me a new perspective as opposed to when I used to just watch buffalo and catch whoever else was on. Seeing a team go start to finish in a rebuild and how consistent they have been week to week, the sheer depth of their talent. Also the flaws that even a superbowl team in this era has.... I think it's part of what gives me hope in this rebuild (seems to be headed the right way) but has me cautious with the enthusiasm (still see a lot of places that need to be upgraded to be a real playoff team).

So who out there watches another team week in and week out? Has it had an effect on how you view the sport getting a different perspective?

I am wondering who out there (probably in another market) watches other teams play 16 games a season.

As the name implies I'm a saints season ticket holder and in the last 5 or so years haven't missed a game. It's definitely given me a new perspective as opposed to when I used to just watch buffalo and catch whoever else was on. Seeing a team go start to finish in a rebuild and how consistent they have been week to week, the sheer depth of their talent. Also the flaws that even a superbowl team in this era has.... I think it's part of what gives me hope in this rebuild (seems to be headed the right way) but has me cautious with the enthusiasm (still see a lot of places that need to be upgraded to be a real playoff team).

So who out there watches another team week in and week out? Has it had an effect on how you view the sport getting a different perspective?

I dont do this but it something I've always wanted to do like with the NFL Game Rewing or something maybe. When I'm not in school and have ya know... free time I want to do this, watch every game of an entire season

Other than find a Drew Brees and improve the offensive front, what is it Buffalo needs to do to approach a team like the Saints?

Depth is big. The saints 5th WR would probably compete for #2 here (colston, meachem, Moore and Henderson are a great top 4, and Arrington is good depth). Even in losing shockey I like Graham and Thomas at tightend a lot The saints kept PT23, sproles, ingram, chris ivory and bell for RB... Better cover corners (contrary to what Thursday looked like), a big time playmaker at safety. The DT rotation is sedrick Ellis, Shaun Rogers, and abruyo Franklin. That's not even to mention guys like Vilma, or will smith. Honestly OT and OLB are my only concerns in the roster and I'd call then each NFL average... Kick coverage scares me on a coaching level. It's hard to find a question mark yet alone a weakness on the roster.

Yea we added dareus, Williams and shepherd.... The saints added cam Jordan, mark Ingram, and martez. They have drafted really well. A lot of homegrown talent early, late and middle rounds.

Good targeted free agents and trades (brees and Vilma!)

Brees is.... Well.... Brees. He's been amazing to watch every weekend. I like fitz a lot but it's......

We have a lot of potential, they have a lot of proven.

If Freddy, or merriman, or Stevie gets hurt we are really in a tough spot. If colston, Pierre thomas AND insert whoever (minus brees) all get hurt like we saw last season (including drew on a bum knee) the saints will still be able to reach the playoffs.

To bring it around to the kc game.... The effort and perfection we saw in KC last week, I saw about a dozen or so times in the superbowl season, and I watched them fight back from huge adversity too. It's early in the season but to do stuff like come back by 21 on the road, string wins together, beat winning teams are all things that currently seperate these teams, and frankly that takes time and experience. I think we are on the track, but it'll take a few more explosive players, a few holes filled and.... Time.

Edited by NoSaint

They've got Jabari Greer, who was and still is, better than any corner we've had here since he left. I watched that whole game on Thursday and even though Rodgers tore it up, he never burned Greer. Mostly because he wouldn't throw his way. That guy is so underrated. Hopefully he can stay healthy this year.

They've got Jabari Greer, who was and still is, better than any corner we've had here since he left. I watched that whole game on Thursday and even though Rodgers tore it up, he never burned Greer. Mostly because he wouldn't throw his way. That guy is so underrated. Hopefully he can stay healthy this year.

And he was so spot on.... It was an exhibition that Rodgers put on. This will be a good d in new Orleans but it's hard to match up with a team with about 10 playmakers. It's why teams like GB and NO are superbowl contenders and we are hoping for .500. The depth is crazy, and when handed to a great qb- watch out.

On a Greer note: he also played hurt last year. Couldn't lift his arm over his head for half the year and still was competitive, beast. When healthy he was top 5 in the league in the superbowl run.

Edited by NoSaint