Fitz

Virgil

Didn't really see this being talked about anywhere else, but I think Fitz really deserves a ton more credit than he is getting. I don't think anyone is being negative about him, but he did things in this game that our QB's haven't done since Bledsoe.

His first TD was a bullet into the chest of Chandler in a tight window that our previous QB's would have been afraid to make.

His 2nd TD to Stevie was a faith throw. Stevie was perfectly covered and he threw it up there for him to make a play, which he made a great one.

And the 4th to Nelson was another bullet that was right on the money to a guy who was covered beautifully.

I'm not saying that Fitz is the end-all, be-all, but he was a Franchise QB in this game. And it wasn't because KC was playing bad or out of coverage, it was because he made all the throws.

I hope to see much, MUCH more of this.

The 4th TD was to Jones

But yes, people questioned whether Fitz would be able to lead us, be accurate and make plays. He showed he was very prepared and more than ready to lead. What I liked most is the team just looked confident. Similar to the pats, We are going to score, try to stop us. Then after they scored, they scored again and again and again. In the 3rd quarter you could see everyone in KC, fans, players, coaches just wanted to see this one end.

The covered Stevie so he went to Chandler, They covered Chandler so he went to Nelson/Jones. A bunch of no names beat a playoff team, with ease. And Fitz was the driver behind it and he made everyone around him better by giving them a chance to make plays

The 4th TD was to Jones

But yes, people questioned whether Fitz would be able to lead us, be accurate and make plays. He showed he was very prepared and more than ready to lead. What I liked most is the team just looked confident. Similar to the pats, We are going to score, try to stop us. Then after they scored, they scored again and again and again. In the 3rd quarter you could see everyone in KC, fans, players, coaches just wanted to see this one end.

The covered Stevie so he went to Chandler, They covered Chandler so he went to Nelson/Jones. A bunch of no names beat a playoff team, with ease. And Fitz was the driver behind it and he made everyone around him better by giving them a chance to make plays

Agreed. Fitz played up to and even beyond what people said he needed to do this year to be a "starter" (since apparently last year was no proof) and he immediately came out and played like top-10 in only the first week.

"Teams have caught on to Gailey and Fitz, expect more games like the NE game in week 16 last year..." Well, Haley was Gailey's former boss, and had played his offense just last year en route to a playoff birth. Looks like he really caught on.

I'm not trying to "count my chickens," but on the basis that Fitz is a career back-up and last year was uncharacteristic this game is proof otherwise.

What a novel concept.

EVERY RECEIVER WHO'S MADE AN NFL 53 MAN ROSTER IS A STUD.

EVERY...LAST...ONE OF THEM.

Throw the ball, let them make a play. IT'S WHAT THEY'VE BEEN DOING SINCE THEY WERE 10 YEARS OLD.

I know the guy went to Harvard, but really the smartest thing Fitzpatrick does out there is simplify the game.

1. Converting on 3rd downs.

2. Getting 7 points in the red zone instead of 3s.

Fitz looked good for most of the game, spreading out in 4-5 wide sets really created mismatches the entire game. If we can keep up good protection of Fitz I think we'll be fine on offense. Keep pounding the new "Beast Mode" Freddy and change the pace with Spiller and we have one solid unit.

I'm really excited about Fitz. He did miss a few relatively easy throws but looked great going downfield and actually got it done in the red zone. I think he's only going to get more comfortable as the season progresses and I cant wait to see what he does next week.

I'm really excited about Fitz. He did miss a few relatively easy throws but looked great going downfield and actually got it done in the red zone. I think he's only going to get more comfortable as the season progresses and I cant wait to see what he does next week.

agreed. let a couple fly early on. once he found it...damn, did he find it.

I just love the way he plays. He is a gunslinger, but a smart one. He makes the tight throws, but not the tight and stupid throws. He has faith in his guys to make a play (Stevie yesterday and Easly v. Jags in Wk 3 Preseason). He knows where all his guys are and going to be (4th to Jones. From the camera behind Fitz I could not see Jones until after he got up with ball). He was making adjustments constantly throughout the game with the offensive guys on the sidelines. He is a leader and he trusts himself and the people around him. I am excited for the Home Opener. I'll be there...

Agreed. Fitz played up to and even beyond what people said he needed to do this year to be a "starter" (since apparently last year was no proof) and he immediately came out and played like top-10 in only the first week.

"Teams have caught on to Gailey and Fitz, expect more games like the NE game in week 16 last year..." Well, Haley was Gailey's former boss, and had played his offense just last year en route to a playoff birth. Looks like he really caught on.

I'm not trying to "count my chickens," but on the basis that Fitz is a career back-up and last year was uncharacteristic this game is proof otherwise.

Gailey was fired by Herm Edwards in preseason the year before Haley was hired.