Who thinks the Bills aren't better than last year?

You are mocking guys who took positions (different from yours) before the games were played and yet you are demanding they do so now.

I think they looked much better today than at any time last year. But if they can't sustain quality play for the season then how are they better?

No. I am asking the people that, going into this season have felt that the Bills haven't made improvement to step forward and stand by their opinions so that later in the year we can discuss how right or wrong they were, and we can find them easily.

What is so complicated?

OF COURSE IF THEY SUCK AT THE END OF THE YEAR AND HAVEN'T SUSTAINED QUALITY PLAY THEY WON'T BE BETTER. ARE YOU A !@#$ING IDIOT?

They're clearly better. It's simple reasoning- slightly upgraded offense with the same system/coaches and a vastly improved defense with one of the best "inside linebackers coaches" in the league. Add a sound beating of a playoff team who beat us last year...

It's not rocket science, it's 1st grade arithmetic.

So keep the question the perspective - the question was not are they winning the AFCE this tyear - the question was - are they better than last year.

There were mindlessly negative comments all over this board the last few weeks insisting that the Bills were in the hunt for the #1 pick, their OL sux, none of the Bills OL could make another roster, Bell is junk, Nix and Gailey are old, we needed Evans, etc. and they had not improved - blah blah blah.

Anyone who was on that side of the discussion either understands they were at least a little wrong now or is in near-psychotic denial at this point.

I answered. I believe they are better this year than they were last year. So what?

I would like to hear from the people that don't think this team is any better than the Dick Jauron teams because DJ had them at 7-9, and ChaNix only had them at 4-12. There were plenty of them out there, and I would like to collect them all in one spot. The "bottom-liners", the guys that can't see improvement if the record isn't better.

Now is the time to hold your ground, please sign on!

We will need at least 5 wins this year to know if they are better than last year? :rolleyes:

The loss of Evans was not monumental due to the Bills utilizing a short game which is the strength of Fitz.

The addition of a TE worth a **** had a huge impact on the play of the offense. Way way more than I, and apparently the KC DC, expected.

Result: Offense is better than last year.

The defense added Dareus and even though the stats may not show it, he had a big impact on the game.

Barnett/Poz was at worst a wash.

Merriman was a surprising non-factor, at least at first glance. But he did last the game with only some missed time in the first quarter.

Result: Defense is better than last year.

How much better is still the question however.

KC is obviously a mess. Every aspect of their game from coaches to players was just horrible yesterday.

I was hoping for, and expecting, a test of our run defense but what I got was a embarrassing blowout that left me still wondering how much the run D has improved over last year. A short week for the Raiders followed by a cross country flight costing them a day should give the Bills an edge this Sunday as well. I enjoy a blowout where we are not the embarrassed team as much as anyone here. But I hope the raiders bring it Sunday instead of folding like KC did just because I'd hate the Pats to be the first time the Bills are tested this season.

Of course blowing out the Pats is entirely acceptable ;)

We will need at least 5 wins this year to know if they are better than last year? :rolleyes:

To me this site is about how you feel the Bills are being run. People that claimed they haven't been going in the right direction should declare it, and people that think they are going in the right direction should declare it.

I am not claiming the Bills have accomplished ANYTHING. I'm not getting giddy over the blowout of the lowly Chiefs. I'm not even talking playoffs.

I AM giving those that claimed the Bills Organization hasn't improved a chance to change their stance after this first game.

Any jackass can say "yes, they are better" at the end of the year, but that doesn't really show much insight does it?

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Somewhere between the middle and end of the season last year the Bill's Offense was pretty damn good. The defense couldn't stop _anything_! They made some major improvements defensively which was apparent during yesterday's game. Think about it. Had this been last year it would have been basically the same result with KC tied and won by a field goal. So to answer the OP's question, yes I do think they are better yet have a ways to go before we see a playoff contender.

Edited by samothyev