Week 1 Predictions

cmjoyce113

Feel free to add any that I have missed. I am sure they aren't all out yet as it is.

Yahoo

Mike Silver and Jason Cole - Bills

Les Carpenter - KC

CBS Sports

Prisco, Judge, Richard, Freeman - KC

Brinson - Bills

Bleecher Report

This is the one that kills me. If you are going to write a half assed article then don't do it. To say the Chiefs should have no problem winning 42-7...cmon. It's fine if you think the Chiefs will win, Vegas does... but Vegas does by 5.5 not by 35.

I am sure, CNNSI or atleast Peter King will have his picks up today. ESPN should have there picks up later today. ESPN usually has about 10 people doing it and I would expect to see 3 to 4 of them pick the Bills.

***Disclaimer*** I am NOT saying that anyone should pick the Bills. I am simply looking at who picks and who doesn't as I think it is interesting to see National sentiment for us coming into opening weekend.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to add any that I have missed. I am sure they aren't all out yet as it is.

Yahoo

Les Carpenter - KC

CBS Sports

Brinson - Bills

Bleecher Report

This is the one that kills me. If you are going to write a half assed article then don't do it. To say the Chiefs should have no problem winning 42-7...cmon. It's fine if you think the Chiefs will win, Vegas does... but Vegas does by 5.5 not by 35.

I am sure, CNNSI or atleast Peter King will have his picks up today. ESPN should have there picks up later today. ESPN usually has about 10 people doing it and I would expect to see 3 to 4 of them pick the Bills.

***Disclaimer*** I am NOT saying that anyone should pick the Bills. I am simply looking at who picks and who doesn't as I think it is interesting to see National sentiment for us coming into opening weekend.

Is that Jim Brinson for CBS? Well of course he's gonna pick the Bills.

Silver/Cole/Brinson are smart. Carpenter/Prisco/Judge/Richard/Freeman are stupid.

Matt Miller is brain dead. (KC 42, Bills 7 ???) If anyone thinks about citing anything written by that moron or New Era Scouting this season or for the 2012 draft, they should look back at his week one Bills prognostication after the Bills scalp the Chiefs...

Buffalo Bills 44

Kansas City Chiefs - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

I honestly think the defense really brings some heat and keeps our offense on the field a lot.

Bills 20

KC 6

The media writes it off as first game jitters for the Chefs, the odds makers predict Oakland to win by 3 pts the following week. Week two the Bills handily beat the Raiders and still no one is paying attention. Week 3 the Bills slip completely under the radar and host NE. Brady is running for his life the whole game and the Bills crush NE 33-7.

Still the media doesn't recognize that the Bills are really good and instead focus on NE and talk about how far the mighty Patriots have fallen.

It isn't until half way through the season that anyone really realizes that the Bills have a dominant defense and the offense just keeps improving each game. By then, it's too late. A fired-up Buffalo Bills team goes on to shock the league by not only beating NE, but also winning the division.

Now the media is falling all over themselves trying learn as much as they can and the smug ESPN "Experts" start blathering on about how they knew the Bill's could do it all along.

A little over the top?

Edited by Rockinon

I honestly think the defense really brings some heat and keeps our offense on the field a lot.

Bills 20

KC 6

The media writes it off as first game jitters for the Chefs, the odds makers predict Oakland to win by 3 pts the following week. Week two the Bills handily beat the Raiders and still no one is paying attention. Week 3 the Bills slip completely under the radar and host NE. Brady is running for his life the whole game and the Bills crush NE 33-7.

Still the media doesn't recognize that the Bills are really good and instead focus on NE and talk about how far the mighty Patriots have fallen.

It isn't until half way through the season that anyone really realizes that the Bills have a dominant defense and the offense just keeps improving each game. By then, it's too late. A fired-up Buffalo Bills team goes on to shock the league by not only beating NE, but also winning the division.

Now the media is falling all over themselves trying learn as much as they can and the smug ESPN "Experts" start blathering on about how they knew the Bill's could do it all along.

A little over the top?

Nope. It's perfect.

Bills 20

KC 6

A little over the top?

Surprise....don't forget the word surprise. It's bound to be in there. This way, they weren't wrong...they were...surprised. Who doesn't like a surprise?

Hell, under your scenario, Sports Center will run a "who is the biggest surprise team so far?" poll around week 8, and then say "see the fans were surprised too". :D

Yahoo

Les Carpenter - KC

CBS Sports

Brinson - Bills

Bleecher Report

Close game. I'll go with Kansas City 19 Buffalo 17

Silver/Cole/Brinson are smart. Carpenter/Prisco/Judge/Richard/Freeman are stupid.

Matt Miller is brain dead. (KC 42, Bills 7 ???) If anyone thinks about citing anything written by that moron or New Era Scouting this season or for the 2012 draft, they should look back at his week one Bills prognostication after the Bills scalp the Chiefs...

Buffalo Bills 44

Kansas City Chiefs - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Only 44???? You negative nancy! I see it like this:

Bills return opening kickoff for a TD, + 2 point conversion: 8

Bills D gets one pick 6 per quarter + 2 point conversion on each: 32

Bills O gets two TDs per quarter (only 2 because they feel bad for KC) + 2 point conversion on each: 64

Total: Bills 104 KC 0

Only 44???? You negative nancy! I see it like this:

Bills return opening kickoff for a TD, + 2 point conversion: 8

Bills D gets one pick 6 per quarter + 2 point conversion on each: 32

Bills O gets two TDs per quarter (only 2 because they feel bad for KC) + 2 point conversion on each: 64

Total: Bills 104 KC 0

Yeah I know, but I figured this being a road game and Chiefs season opener with the home field advantage and all that...you know...might as well be conservative B-)

Agree with some that this will be a mistake-prone game with turnovers and miscues. I also expect some wild plays as a result.

I think our pass rush shows up with a vengeance, and we get gashed a little from the run.

At the end, our pass attack will win, and despite getting run on, our Red Zone D will show up. Nothing but field goals and a Pick 6 for the Chefs.

Bills 24 Chefs 19.

Buffalo Bills 44

Kansas City Chiefs - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

You should immediately file a Bleacher Report article about this so that some Kansas City fans can go complain about the media.