When McGahee went down.

SF Bills Fan

He's gone down like 4 times now since being the starter, so I'm quite used to it, as everytime he's come back in the game.

169317[/snapback]

i feel the same way.

hes gone down in almost EVERY game. and he gets up, comes back in after a play. i just expect him to get back up. and the last injury was to his "good knee", so im not to conserned

He's gone down like 4 times now since being the starter, so I'm quite used to it, as everytime he's come back in the game.

169317[/snapback]

I really like this guy, but he needs to get tougher. It will come with time.

Why, he was taking a "sack" on first down consistently.  I have noticed that willis takes more awkward tackles than any running back i can remember.

169354[/snapback]

Anyone remeber when Bo Jackson had the hip pointer that ended things for good? It kind of looked like that was what happened at first. I was pretty concerned. I saw the future of the team lying there, it could have been devastating.

Why, he was taking a "sack" on first down consistently.  I have noticed that willis takes more awkward tackles than any running back i can remember.

169354[/snapback]

Why? Because he makes things happen. Yes, he is hit and taken down behind the line often this season, but Barry Sanders was hit for losses often as well. Willis is going to be great IMO. He just needs to learn to turn it up a little quicker when there is nothing there. I think anyone would be hard pressed to argue that Willis is anything but a huge part of the team's bounce back.

Why? Because he makes things happen. Yes, he is hit and taken down behind the line often this season, but Barry Sanders was hit for losses often as well. Willis is going to be great IMO. He just needs to learn to turn it up a little quicker when there is nothing there. I think anyone would be hard pressed to argue that Willis is anything but a huge part of the team's bounce back.

169375[/snapback]

yes, i know it is sacrilege to say anything negative about Willis, but if Drew took a 4 yard sack on every first down, OMG, the misery.

That was a very scary few minutes. Good timing for us with the Niners game. I say rest him and get him 100% for Pitt.

169301[/snapback]

I had the same sick feeling. If this guy can stay healthy until the off-season, he will be an absolute monster next year.

yes, i know it is sacrilege to say anything negative about Willis, but if Drew took a 4 yard sack on every first down, OMG, the misery.

169381[/snapback]

Yes, but Willis does not lose four yeards every first down. In fact, in case you haven't noticed, he has finished with very good numbers (over 100 yards) in all but two starts. Comparing a QB getting sacked and a running back getting hit for a loss just doesn't work in this case.

Yes, but Willis does not lose four yeards every first down. In fact, in case you haven't noticed, he has finished with very good numbers (over 100 yards) in all but two starts. Comparing a QB getting sacked and a running back getting hit for a loss just doesn't work in this case.

169413[/snapback]

it was an observation, i didn't say it was chronic, but in this game it was. and yes, a four yard loss no matter how it happens still sets up 2nd and long. and in the game, as in the beginning of the season, it resulted in the offense struggling