James Walker - new ESPN AFC East Blogger

EC-Bills

He was referring to the TV show from the '70's "Good Times" Jimmy Walker was in it and his catch phrase was Dynomite

jimmy-walker.jpg

You have your sitcoms mixed up I think.

I think his catch phrase was "Did I do that?" or something along those lines.

Anyway the dy-no-mite line was used by Fred Sanford's son LaMont.

oops. I ws thinking of the kid from the Jeffersons but you get my point about the catch phrase thing.

What was the Jefferson kid's catch phrase anyway?

Ah, thee-ah, ah, thee-ah, ah, thee-ah, ah, thee-ah. Ah, that's all folks!

You have your sitcoms mixed up I think.

I think his catch phrase was "Did I do that?" or something along those lines.

Anyway the dy-no-mite line was used by Fred Sanford's son LaMont.

Dynomite was from "Good Times", he had it right. "did i do that" was was from steve urkle on "Family Matters"

Edited by first_and_ten

Dynomite was from "Good Times", he had it right. "did i do that" was was from steve urkle on "Family Matters"

I'm not sure about "Did I do that" but dynomite was definitely Luscious as Beerboy pointed out. Luscious always wanted to own the garage and when Fred would say he was "having the big one...coming to see you Elizabeth", Lucious would say dynomite because he thought he was inheriting the garage. Gosh there were some funny episodes.

It's not a real thread until someone tries a Peter Pan link.

Don't fall for it anybody.

I'm not sure about "Did I do that" but dynomite was definitely Luscious as Beerboy pointed out. Luscious always wanted to own the garage and when Fred would say he was "having the big one...coming to see you Elizabeth", Lucious would say dynomite because he thought he was inheriting the garage. Gosh there were some funny episodes.

:lol:

Not sure why, but this reminds me of all the times Barney tried to kill Andy in order to be sheriff. Modern sitcoms just don't compare.

It's not a real thread until someone tries a Peter Pan link.

Don't fall for it anybody.

:lol:

Not sure why, but this reminds me of all the times Barney tried to kill Andy in order to be sheriff. Modern sitcoms just don't compare.

I don't remember any character named Andy on Barney. I also don't ever remember Barney being sheriff except maybe one halloween episode. Maybe you are older than me or younger. What color dinosaur was Andy?

I don't remember any character named Andy on Barney. I also don't ever remember Barney being sheriff except maybe one halloween episode. Maybe you are older than me or younger. What color dinosaur was Andy?

I'm pretty sure your older than me and that's why you don't remember all of these things. Andy was white, but was usually dressed in different shades of black, white and beige.

Jimmie Walker (I) More at IMDbPro »

ad feedback

Date of Birth

25 June 1947, Bronx, New York, USA

Birth Name

James Carter Walker

He symbolized the 70s American dream of success -- the former kid from the ghetto who rose to wisecracking TV superstardom.

While in his element as the broadly strutting, gleamy-toothed J.J. Evans of the popular urban-styled sitcom "Good Times" (1974),

Jimmie Walker lived the extremely good life. Following the series' demise, however, reality again checked in. Still and all,

he has not self-destructed as others before him have and continues to enjoy a comedy career now approaching four decades.

Jimmie and the show were instant cross-over hits despite the fact that he was a 27-year-old playing the teenage son of Rolle.

His catchphrase "Dyn-o-mite!" became a popular item in the American vernacular.

Edited by ronhelms40