People it's Preseason

Alright so our third stringers looked bad oh no thank god third stringers don't start next Sunday. Hey did you see Merriman get blown off the line "NOT" hes looked awesome from day one this preseason. hey didn't anyone else notice how we controlled with our defense when it was first strings out there. We have a lot of positives to take this year. I believe we will all be going monkey ape **** when we destroy Kansas City next Sunday. I know its been years since we were not cynical but comon this is the first time in years I for one am looking forward to seeing the D dominate. so comon Buffalo lets get amped up for our first win of the year! Stop the downer talk its getting old! LETS GO BUFFALO

Alright so our third stringers looked bad oh no thank god third stringers don't start next Sunday. Hey did you see Merriman get blown off the line "NOT" hes looked awesome from day one this preseason. hey didn't anyone else notice how we controlled with our defense when it was first strings out there. We have a lot of positives to take this year. I believe we will all be going monkey ape **** when we destroy Kansas City next Sunday. I know its been years since we were not cynical but comon this is the first time in years I for one am looking forward to seeing the D dominate. so comon Buffalo lets get amped up for our first win of the year! Stop the downer talk its getting old! LETS GO BUFFALO

Amen Bro! Merriman looks awesome! Dareus looks like a beast! The D overall looks great. On offense, Fitz looks like he's in command! Spiller is showing signs of "getting it". Easley, once he gets over his case of dropsies will be just fine. I really believe 4 & 2 at the BYE is a very real possibility. I am pumped! Get ready KC...9/11 is not gonna be a fun day for you!

I see a young team that was 4-12 last year w/ a smart progressing quarterback. Its a year later and we are 1yr stronger and smarter. That has to equate to more wins. It may not get us to the playoffs right away but i see us breaking a few playoff teams hearts this year. This team can get to 8-8 for sure.

The people who say Ralph is cheap, Lee Evans is gone, the o-line sucks are blinded.

They say Ralph is cheap and then name people like Mckinnie as FA's we could have signed. There was not one FA out there this year that i think the Bills should have signed. Super Bowl winning football teams are built through the draft. Teams like the Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles, Jets throw money at FA's and have not won one Super Bowl this decade. All the Super Bowl winners build through the draft. ex. Pats, Colts, Saints, Packers, Steelers

Lee Evans had 700 yards last year and i saw him as a non factor. Lee only has one way to beat a defense and most teams don't have time to wait for him to get downfield and still throw it to him 5 times or more a game. I say we are lucky to get a 4th rounder for him.

The o-line is basically the same line as last year w/ players that have improved enough to take over some starting spots. Chan Gailey is starting Urbik and possibly Rhinehart because he wants to tank the season? Im not understanding the naysayers logic there.

The good teams build solid depth. That is how they survive injuries to the starters. That is how the Bills worked in the 90s. The depth was so strong that a RB like Davis could start instead of Thurman Thomas and still lead the Bills to wins.

The Steelers win, because they build great depth, so that they can let go off players @ end of their contracts and still not miss a beat. The Patriots win because their 5th RB on the depth chart can come in and score TDs. They have no-name players as WRs...

When your depth players cannot make plays, it is not a good sign...This has been reflected solidly many times in the past for the Bills when their starters went down and the replacements just plain sucked.

The good teams build solid depth. That is how they survive injuries to the starters. That is how the Bills worked in the 90s. The depth was so strong that a RB like Davis could start instead of Thurman Thomas and still lead the Bills to wins.

The Steelers win, because they build great depth, so that they can let go off players @ end of their contracts and still not miss a beat. The Patriots win because their 5th RB on the depth chart can come in and score TDs. They have no-name players as WRs...

When your depth players cannot make plays, it is not a good sign...This has been reflected solidly many times in the past for the Bills when their starters went down and the replacements just plain sucked.

I hear you but for once in the last god knows how long our starters look like they will dictate the game. Now other teams might have to account for more than one guy on this team. if you look at the preseason work as most negative comments come from preseason our d first string D looks tough to score on. and the offense seems to have a lot of positive plays. remember when the Ravens won a super bowl well it was because of defense! on another note who here believes we win the Tennesse playoff game if the kickoff rule was like today?

To further your point, the cheezers won the SB with 15 guys on IR. That speaks volumes to their depth. Joe Namath just had an interview on the NFL network & spoke of "Lady Luck". I agree with your assesment concerning our depth...we sure need Lady Luck on our side this year! Our firsts need stay healthy! Gailey was asked yesterday if he accomplished what he wanted to in the Detroit game. He said yes because nobody got hurt. I'm sure he knows that staying healthy this year is the key to a decent season.

Well the Pats got smacked by Detroit... What does that say about their depth??

Falcons went 0-4 in the pre season- might as well cancel their season and hope for next year

The Lions should be worried, the year they went 0-16, they were 4-0 in the preseason.

Edited by Damian

The Lions should be worried, the year they went 0-16, they were 4-0 in the preseason.

Hey KC hear that sound its a BUFFALO stampede right through you for our first of many Victories but don't worry Oakland is next so you both will have a loss to us!!!! Believe or get off the band wagon right now!

I remember the summer after SB XXV. USA Today showed a graphic of preseason records over the previous 5 seasons. The Giants were in the Top 2 in preseason record, and the Bills were in the Bottom 2, if I recall correctly. THEY HAD JUST PLAYED IN THE SUPER BOWL!

That's how much emphasis I put on preseason.

I get what you are saying, BUT... Why does the "It's only preseason" excuse come out after the Bills play very poorly.

YET. . .

When the team plays great ala V Jacksonville THe "Its only preaseason" excuse turns into, See stop being so negative the team can light it up.

Either way its only preseason, if they are scoring 30 or 3. How the ones perform is how I will voice my opinion, and right now the offense has performed good in 1 out of 4 games.

I put no stock in the final scores of the preseason games. But do put stock in individual performances and group performances (OL, DL).

The DL (and Defense in gernal) with the starters in the game looks like they should be very interesting to watch. I think they are going to make some big plays, but I also think they will get beat for some big plays as teams learn to exploit their aggressiveness.

The OL is a differnt story. I impressed with their play in the Jax game, but other than they they have been pretty bad. It doesn't what combination of players were in the game, they just don't seem like they are good enough to compete.

We will see how it goes as the season rolls on, but my expectations for this year are pretty low.

Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

I get what you are saying, BUT... Why does the "It's only preseason" excuse come out after the Bills play very poorly.

YET. . .

When the team plays great ala V Jacksonville THe "Its only preaseason" excuse turns into, See stop being so negative the team can light it up.

Either way its only preseason, if they are scoring 30 or 3. How the ones perform is how I will voice my opinion, and right now the offense has performed good in 1 out of 4 games.

Yeah, I agree the ones are the most important.

Although I do want to see how the backups play and I'm a little concerned there. Little good O-Line depth. Hairston showed promise, Hangartner I only give a pass from decent play from years past, and Reinguy because the coaches like him. The rest really looked bad.

I wasn't too displeased with the starting O in this game. We were open and we blocked reasonably well, we were just a little out of sync. The starters weren't doing anything fancy in this game and they all knew it. Their only goal was get dressed, run around a little, hit a little and to not get hurt. Mission accomplished. True performance wasn't being measured in this game for them.