Is this Fitzpatricks last season here?

With a new deal for Williams, working on a new deal for Parrish and rumours of a new deal for Johnson but no word on Fitz it appears to me they are willing to wait for seasons end. If he sucks he will be gone and if he lights it up he will jump at the biggest offer and I don't see it comming from the Bills. Any opinions????

IMO they will attempt to do his deal at about the 1/3 mark of the season. Enough to see if he's shown he's a decent starter at the NFL level or that he can't be. I think the amount of the contract will depend on how well he's produced. If it looks like he can take us to the playoffs the pay will be higher. If all he looks like is a caretaker until we develop a future draft pick his pay will correspondingly be less.

Nix said something like that they pay the guys that produce. I suspect this will be the case for Fitz.

With a new deal for Williams, working on a new deal for Parrish and rumours of a new deal for Johnson but no word on Fitz it appears to me they are willing to wait for seasons end. If he sucks he will be gone and if he lights it up he will jump at the biggest offer and I don't see it comming from the Bills. Any opinions????

Why bother?

If Fitzpatrick proves himself, the Bills will show him the money. QB is the most important player on the team in terms of success on the field and at the box office (see Jim Kelly). If he proves himself he isn't going anywhere.

Yup show me last year wasn't a fluke because he was better than we even realize. The only thing keeping the Bills from being terrible was Fitz. If he can stock another good season on top of last year he will get his money.

I honestly believe that no matter what happens this year they'll be looking for his replacement with the first pick (which at this point I'd guess would be around the 10-13th overall pick). So if Fitz doesn't want to sign a backup level contract it may very well be.

I enjoy Fitz on the team, I would like the Bills to keep him. I have a feeling if the Bills dont extend his contract he will be snatched up by another team quick. Trade value isnt there yet, unless he does well this year. Im on both sides of the fence when it comes to his future in Buffalo. But I support Fitz and have more confidence in our offense with him behind center.

Howdy Bills fans! 1st post here (unless I was drunk the other nite and fired off some nonsense).

Heard WGR whining about this all day and just wondering why would Fitzpatrick want to negotiate at this point for a new contract? If he has any confidence he would want to wait so that he had some leverage in the negotiations. If he plays well he will be worth more. I'm sure OBD would be more than happy to pay him Thigpen money but as a starter, who believes in himself, why would he do that? This is his time to make his money as the starter from the beginning of the year. Maybe he pulls a Drew Brees?!?

Heck, maybe he boosts his value, the Bills still draft a guy and his contract makes him even more trade-able????

Oops! Thought he had another year on his contract! I stink! Nevermind...

But I do figure he wouldn't want to negotiate now. Unless he knows he sucks and should jump at whatever.

I honestly believe that no matter what happens this year they'll be looking for his replacement with the first pick (which at this point I'd guess would be around the 10-13th overall pick). So if Fitz doesn't want to sign a backup level contract it may very well be.

No way we draft beyond 9th overall next year. I think Chan and Nix have produced a test for Fitzpatrick. The line is below par, and one injury away from disaster, the receiving corps. is young and unproven. The reason Buffalo picked defense in the draft is they are building for 2012 and beyond not 2011. They disguised their efforts to look competitive while continuing to building. Really they want Fitzpatrick to fail, I don't see how this team on paper looks better than last year other than run defense. My point is I will watch every game but I think this is an attempt to manufacture bust season. If the team sucks they will let Fitzpatrick go, and give every draft pick to get LUCK. If you don't think he's worth it you are crazy. Luck is the next Peyton Manning, but wins big games.