Alyssa Berezna dishes a nerd, geeks go wild on the internet

Booster4324

Link

I should note this is a fellow Gizmodo writer/woman.

In Real Life

Alyssa Bereznak Just Reminded Us That Women Can Be Predators Online Too

By Elly Hart on August 30, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Alyssa Bereznak is making us females look bad. I’m ashamed on behalf of our sex that she said those bitchy things. In her article, she accuses a world champion of Magic: The Gathering of being a liar and a creep. In reality, her predatory and trollish behaviour makes her the creepy one.

That’s why I find it so appalling that you laughed when he said he was the world champion of Magic: The Gathering. Why would you do that? Any other person would have been genuinely curious, and I would have been nothing less than excited to learn more about a game I’ve heard so much about, yet know so little of. It’s not easy to be good at something, let alone be the world champion at it.

She is getting a ton of hits on her name alone. Type Alyss in a google search, she should be the number two suggested criteria below Alyssa Milano.

Try not to read her article as she probably meant to do this for hits. At least do not click on her ads.

So what do you think of her opinion and the response?

So she blogged about a bad date and made fun of a guy for being a nerd. It seemed sort of rude, but not particularly vicious or noteworthy. This is only a story because a bunch of other nerds had a conniption fit, right?

Well, that is the point. She did something fairly rude by revealing his name (her initial article was a bit ruder, but left his name out btw) and then the total backlash. In adition, here sole objection was he played the game. There are tons of stories about it. Your thoughts?

Edited by Booster4324

Well, that is the point. She did something fairly rude by revealing his name (her initial article was a bit ruder, but left his name out btw) and then the total backlash. There are tons of stories about it. Your thoughts?

Well yeah, it wasn't very nice but I guess I'm missing the connection where this has become a big story. Is the Magic: The Gathering community really all that prevalent these days? They must be vocal if not prevalent.

Suffice it to say I've seen plenty of flameable content online and this was pretty mild stuff.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Well yeah, it wasn't very nice but I guess I'm missing the connection where this has become a big story. Is the Magic: The Gathering community really all that prevalent these days? They must be vocal if not prevalent.

Suffice it to say I've seen plenty of flameable content online and this was pretty mild stuff.

It was all over twitter. Her google suggested content rose too second in one day on part of her name compared to Alyssa Milano. Some of the vitriol directed her way was way worse. I guess you lost interest or do not possess Google skills. There were 100s of thousands of posts about her and numerous news articles.

It was all over twitter. Her google suggested content rose too second in one day on part of her name compared to Alyssa Milano. Some of the vitriol directed her way was way worse. I guess you lost interest or do not possess Google skills. There were 100s of thousands of posts about her and numerous news articles.

No, my google skills are just fine. B-)

I read a few articles and the comments therein, so I've seen some of the vitriol. My question is...why? Why this? Thousands of people post incendiary content on blogs every day. You don't need to do too much searching to find some truly disturbing stuff (racist, misogynystic, creepy japanese hentai blogs, take your pick), stuff that people really do deserve to be raked over the coals for. But most of the time it doesn't blow up on the author like this. Seems like Ms. Berezna made a misguided attempt at humor. I think I speak for every other rational person...that wasn't very nice, but whatever. Of course, the internet is not a rational place so why try to apply rationality?

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

No, my google skills are just fine. B-)

I read a few articles and the comments therein, so I've seen some of the vitriol. My question is...why? Why this? Thousands of people post incendiary content on blogs every day. You don't need to do too much searching to find some truly disturbing stuff (racist, misogynystic, creepy japanese hentai blogs, take your pick), stuff that people really do deserve to be raked over the coals for. But most of the time it doesn't blow up on the author like this. Seems like Ms. Berezna made a misguided attempt at humor. I think I speak for every other rational person...that wasn't very nice, but whatever. Of course, the internet is not a rational place so why try to apply rationality?

Ahh you meant her stuff was mild? I was referring to the explosion of hatred towards her. Some of which she deserved. As I said, "Good luck getting a date, especially after you twittered your explanation, "dudes, i don't think it's bad to be a dweeb. i just dont want to date someone i can't relate to. not an attack. more a cautionary tale."

Mind you, her initial post was more vitriolic so there did seem to be some personal element to it. In any case, was the 500k hits she generated on her site worth what she has done to her internet reputation?

At no point did that come across as humor btw. She released the guys name.

Edited by Booster4324

Ahh you meant her stuff was mild? I was referring to the explosion of hatred towards her. Some of which she deserved. As I said, "Good luck getting a date, especially after you twittered your explanation, "dudes, i don't think it's bad to be a dweeb. i just dont want to date someone i can't relate to. not an attack. more a cautionary tale."

Mind you, her initial post was more vitriolic so there did seem to be some personal element to it. In any case, was the 500k hits she generated on her site worth what she has done to her internet reputation?

At no point did that come across as humor btw. She released the guys name.

She also revealed her own name so big whoop.

I'm with Sage on this. Who gives a crap if some hussy had a bad date with a nerd? Most people have navel lint more interesting than this "story".

And another thing....

The fact that you don’t know when you’ve had too much alcohol already says a lot about you. Any guy will tell you that there’s nothing more unattractive than a drunk girl falling all over the place and having no idea how stupid she looks.

Ummm this broad evidently never met Beerboy.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Fixed. The question is why?

And was her day in the sun/Hades worth it to her career?

You're probably stoned so you are missing the point. I will spell it out for you.

The point is:

Who gives a crap?

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Evidently you do. Either that, or you care about my posts. The latter makes you even more pathetic...

I try to look at a lot of threads. With yours sometimes I have to try to think WWFLPD? and sometimes I see the rationale. This time I don't even think FLP would give a crap honestly.

How do you "dish" someone?

24. dish 15 up, 37 down

to talk **** about someone or something

I totally dished him in that email - but he deserved it, that rotten bastard

by WB Jun 10, 2002

Note the bolded date. Note the date and how far out of touch I am with the title and yet make you more anachronistic in comparison. When you do not understand what others say, try google and fit it into context. You aren't much older than me.

Edited by Booster4324