Fred Jackson vs. Kyle Williams

I am stunned at how the front office and Bill's coaching staff has treated Fred Jackson. I find it odd that they they've given big money contracts to Kelsay and Williams with the reasoning of "good character leaders that will take us into the future". I ask members here whether that contract should have gone to Fred Jackson who has been arguably the best and most consistent player on offense. How do the Bill's organization atone for not recognizing FJ's unique style of running and durability? his pay I believe is ranked 40th for running backs at about 2 million! Money aside Fred has been taking his contract like a man and has battled to be the starter sending Marshawn on his way and clearly separated himself from Spiller. I hate to say it but I believe Ralph and the gang want a Notre Dame/ Hoosier team of white spirit. how else does this make any sense? So yeah I think race is an issue. "we have 2 starters", "Fred is a big part of what we are trying to do here" Huh?! fred is all we are really doing here. Where are the comments about his discipline and being respectful? where are the comments of FJ being part of Bill's Future? No offense to Kyle and he is great but imagine this team without Fred Jackson. Fred is a genious when it comes to getting positive yardage and setting up blocks. He knows how to take advantage of defensive run leverage and aggresive angles of pursuit. He truly is the bills future despite being respectful, patient and black. Put the starting glass cleats on FJ.

ps. be intelligent in regard to my theory of "spirit of a white team" versus arguing numbers of blacks vs whites. The kelsey contract is inexcusable as well as the organizations lack of kudos to FJ.

ignoring your racial issues, id have to ask what you think a fair raise would be for him. I use a guy like pierre thomas as the closest comp player i can find. had to work for his touches, good hands, good runner, good blocker - good everything really. not a great power runner and doesnt have breakaway speed though, so you dont fear 6 every time he touches it. pierre is a little younger.

Guy just signed 3 years at 12m i believe. id be fine matching a deal like that, but i promise you by the end of it freds career is done in buffalo and a younger guy will still be going.

and i love all the people that say he doesnt have any mileage - I hate to say it, but he was doing nfl europe in the springs and then reporting straight to our camps. Although he wasnt getting the touches in our games, he was still taking hits along the way and working year round for awhile. age will catch up to him within the next 2-3 years. you reference that he hasnt shown decline yet, and i will reference the dozens of great running backs in the last few years alone that hit the wall in a single offseason.

Why shouldn't Corto be on the team. As Ye Ole might say, he's THE WHIP on special teams. Great effort guy, cheap, makes smart plays. Why is the world black and white to you? Did you happen to notice the race of the ILBs who replaced Poz?

As to age, no, there hasn't been significant regression. But even the best agent in the world couldn't get a Kyle Williams sized contract for a 30 year old RB whose numbers dropped across the board last year.

KR have been all but eliminated. That leaves PR duty. Cut him.

Fellas, Does the great-white-hope exist any longer in sports these days...whether blatantly or subconsciously? We can go back and forth re a mans age and ability. Im just saying that there is nothing wrong with the philosophy its kinda the underdog thing. Did you get off thinking about Bryce Paup or Shobel killing QBs? Is Jarred Allen more celebrated inside your hearts vs a Dwight Finney? Riggins? Alstott? Largeant? You know what hell im trying to say. i theorize that the Bills are the Hoosiers of the Shield. I think thats our nitch. Of course the majority of the team is of color but the spirit of our team is white. Similar to the radiers being a buncha tuff ass rogues/castaways. Fred is a real life football HERO, he transcends age and money. Hes running style is as unique as any of the greats. Nobody runs as he does. Fred is not dispensable.

I'd be the last person to pretend that there isn't a whole lotta racism still around. And plenty of it among black people (maybe more than in any other group). So it's logical that there must be some of that around this board. But let me respectfully say, you're thinking is FUBAR. It is also racist in the extreme.

If the membership of TSW is reflective of the population of WNY and SoOntario, then we should expect at least 85% of those logging in to be non-black. If your ill-thought-out premise is correct, then we should see about 85% wildly backing the "fantastic" Chris Kelsay, about 85% opposing any idea of drafting Cam Newton for the -- OMG! -- reserved-for-whites QB position, about 85% supporting Pears and Urbik over, say, Bryant McKinnie, and so on. But that's not the case, is it. Not by along shot. As far as I can tell, those around here who tend to know what they're talking about, vis a vis, football, criticism tends to be about ability not a player's race. I mean, seriously, if so many of us were begging the Bills to get rid of James Hardy and give Stevie J his shot, how does that morph into racism?

BTW, it's "niche" not "nitch." And WTF does Hoosiers of the Shield mean in recognizable English? Oh, and one tip-off that a white person might be a racist: they call themselves "conservatives," or "Republicans," or "Tea Partiers."

I'd be the last person to pretend that there isn't a whole lotta racism still around. And plenty of it among black people (maybe more than in any other group). So it's logical that there must be some of that around this board. But let me respectfully say, you're thinking is FUBAR. It is also racist in the extreme.

If the membership of TSW is reflective of the population of WNY and SoOntario, then we should expect at least 85% of those logging in to be non-black. If your ill-thought-out premise is correct, then we should see about 85% wildly backing the "fantastic" Chris Kelsay, about 85% opposing any idea of drafting Cam Newton for the -- OMG! -- reserved-for-whites QB position, about 85% supporting Pears and Urbik over, say, Bryant McKinnie, and so on. But that's not the case, is it. Not by along shot. As far as I can tell, those around here who tend to know what they're talking about, vis a vis, football, criticism tends to be about ability not a player's race. I mean, seriously, if so many of us were begging the Bills to get rid of James Hardy and give Stevie J his shot, how does that morph into racism?

BTW, it's "niche" not "nitch." And WTF does Hoosiers of the Shield mean in recognizable English? Oh, and one tip-off that a white person might be a racist: they call themselves "conservatives," or "Republicans," or "Tea Partiers."

I spale purfectly when eye right."lotta" vs nitch...c'mon or come on... who cares about that. Shield=NFL, Hoosiers= Famous undersized white team that defeated giant inner city goliaths also bobby knight and his white teams.

also your missing my point, im not wanting your percentage analysis. My point is we have a great great running back that isnt being recognized whereas weve got Kelsey and Williams being paid and coveted. Corto? How is one of the greatest RBs in bills history gets treated like this. Everyone goes on about kyle being ignored for 3 rounds but FJ is even a greater story and he is BAD ASS.

Edited by John Belucheese

I spale purfectly when eye right."lotta" vs nitch...c'mon or come on... who cares about that. Shield=NFL, Hoosiers= Famous undersized white team that defeated giant inner city goliaths also bobby knight and his white teams.

also your missing my point, im not wanting your percentage analysis. My point is we have a great great running back that isnt being recognized whereas weve got Kelsey and Williams being paid and coveted. Corto? How is one of the greatest RBs in bills history gets treated like this. Everyone goes on about kyle being ignored for 3 rounds but FJ is even a greater story and he is BAD ASS.

Why do you keep bringing up Corto? A backup safety getting paid league minimum doesn't have any connection with another player's salary.