Jasper as ILB??

D521646

yeah, it isn't personal, you're right...but I think the bolded part sums up your post pretty well...

Not Tim-

Hypocrisy much?

I thought we were trying to get AWAY from being the laughingstock of the NFL... the OP has to be a jets fan

Calling me a Jets fan is Personal, like if you called me a liberal, for instance.. :)

Tim-

Edited by D521646

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasper will be on the PS he was always a project player and our dreams of him just coming in and dominating were just that dreams. He is a physical freak but very raw, he played college ball in a very small school and split time between offense and defense.

I hope that Jasper makes the team next season but its clear he needs to ride the PS for most of the season and maybe be on the bench for the last few games of the season if there are injuries.

Yes. And we should have Fitz return punts, Moorman should be our nose tackle, and Demetrius Bell should move from LT to fullback. All these are great ideas. :thumbsup:

I love you man! (and you can have my Bud Lite, but I'm keeping my Guinness)

I don't get it and I even went to Mizzou.

I think he's calling him a Sweet Potato (I think Therefore I Yam)

I think he's calling him a Sweet Potato (I think Therefore I Yam)

I normally don't go around calling myself smarter than other people because I'm well aware I'm not a genius, but in this case it is absolutely justified. The fact that he is still trying to defend his point on the 6th page with only one semi-agreement so far speaks for itself ;)

I've been watching Jasper closely, as I'm pulling for him, but as it stands he doesn't make this team, however; Given his weaknesses thus far I note that he needs a lot of work on his hands, and foot-work. That said, I would like to see Gailey try him out on run blitz, and pass blitz packages as an ILB, standing up 2 or 3 paces back from the Nose Tackle. This way what he lacks in fundamentals can be made up with his strength in weight and size. My "guess" is that if Jasper has a 3 - 4 step run at the line, he gets in, and penetrates more easily, even if they double team him, like they have been doing. I'd like to see that experiment play out for a few snaps just to see if my instincts are correct.

What are your thoughts?

Tim-

My thoughts?

That's funny, I can't see Jasper successfully shuffling from the A gap to the B gap in time to get a whiff of the runner.

I think Jasper can be a Nose Tackle in this league, he is definitely a project worth keeping around as long as he can keep his weight "down" below 380 or so for starters, then next year get around 360. He is in the Ted Washington mold - you just don't find men that massive and broad that can move too often.

The guy was a 5 minute video clip star and nothing more.

Watch the games, he gets BURRIED by lineman giving up 100 pounds to him and he looks like he's playing to a different snap than eveybody else.

If I was a coach I'd tell him to try and anticpate the ball snap by a full second just so he might get off the dirt at the same speed as everbody else in the game.

I normally don't go around calling myself smarter than other people because I'm well aware I'm not a genius, but in this case it is absolutely justified. The fact that he is still trying to defend his point on the 6th page with only one semi-agreement so far speaks for itself ;)

What's really funny is that you've all been arguing against the 4 - 3 defense. The only difference is that this 4 - 3 is stronger up front with the addition of someone like Jasper. Oh and he lines up behind the NT.. LOL

Do you all realize that it is Jasper you oppose, not that he takes on the role of ILB, BUT not a LB, instead a tackle that starts 5 feet away from the line, ya know, like Carrington's role now. The only difference is that Carrington is on the outside, and on the line, but with his hands up. Sooo, tell me genuis, does the scheme work without Jasper, or is this really about Jasper as the "heavy" instead of someone else? Or... Is it the "heavy", off the line tackle that perturbs you? :)

Tim-

What's really funny is that you've all been arguing against the 4 - 3 defense. The only difference is that this 4 - 3 is stronger up front with the addition of someone like Jasper. Oh and he lines up behind the NT.. LOL

Do you all realize that it is Jasper you oppose, not that he takes on the role of ILB, BUT not a LB, instead a tackle that starts 5 feet away from the line, ya know, like Carrington's role now. The only difference is that Carrington is on the outside, and on the line, but with his hands up. Sooo, tell me genuis, does the scheme work without Jasper, or is this really about Jasper as the "heavy" instead of someone else? Or... Is it the "heavy", off the line tackle that perturbs you? :)

Tim-

You do realize you titled the thread "Jasper as ILB??"

On that note, I'm done feeding the troll.

Okay can't admit that I got sucked into the vortex of reading this whole thread. That said, did anybody say anything about lining him up at QB in the pistol? Now, I could see him doing that! Fridge style, up the middle. Only other possible use I can imagine with him honestly.

Edited by bowery4

. . . Why not just bring in a Sumo wrestler to play this role or a strong midget little person who could be thrown over the line at the QB or RB as soon as the ball is snapped?

You're not being creative enough. If we're gonna think outside the box, let's consider physics. What we need is a dual threat quadraplegic midget (a "DTQM"). If the midget had no arms or legs, Jasper could chuck the DTQM farther and faster, and the little guy (or little gal for that matter) could make a Donte Whitner-like attempt at a tackle - - Donte refused to wrap up, whereas the DTQM would lack the arms necessary to accomplish that. But Donte made more tackles than most DBs, so who's to say it wouldn't work?

Heck, have Jasper carry a DTQM in each hand, that way if he missed with the first one, he'd have a spare. Might come in handy against reverses and flea-flickers. Kinda poetic now that I think about it - - we would defend a flea-flicker with a midget-flicker.

The midget would be a dual threat, because Jasper could also throw him in the air to block field goal attempts. Steve Tasker might not be the first special teams player to get inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Think of all the money Ralph could save on shoes, thigh pads and gloves if we had not one but two DTQMs on the roster! If Littman reads this thread, it'll happen!

And if the Bisons ever needed an extra third base . . .

Or, as the OP suggests, we could just play Jasper at ILB, and avoid the inevitable backlash from the dwarf community.

I've been watching Jasper closely, as I'm pulling for him, but as it stands he doesn't make this team, however; Given his weaknesses thus far I note that he needs a lot of work on his hands, and foot-work. That said, I would like to see Gailey try him out on run blitz, and pass blitz packages as an ILB, standing up 2 or 3 paces back from the Nose Tackle. This way what he lacks in fundamentals can be made up with his strength in weight and size. My "guess" is that if Jasper has a 3 - 4 step run at the line, he gets in, and penetrates more easily, even if they double team him, like they have been doing. I'd like to see that experiment play out for a few snaps just to see if my instincts are correct.

What are your thoughts?

Tim-

He still would not make the team. Jasper needs a ear or two on the practice squad and then he might have a chance.

hehe.. Well if he's lined up 3 - 4 feet behind the NT what esle would he be, a safety? LOL

Tim-

He would be a defensive tackle lined up 3-4 feet behing the other defensive tackle. Why are you even calling him a linebacker? you are describing a 4-3 defense where jasper just moves away from the QB because somewhere in your peanut sized brain you think that will help him get to the QB??? Is this bizarro world or are you messing with us? He gives up getting low on the offensive lineman and moves away from the quarterback. I guarantee you I could prevent him from getting to the QB for the time that would be required for the QB to throw the ball. You have no idea what you are talking about and I dont know how you still think this is a good idea. Hey here is another good idea we will have CJ line up 20 yards away from the line of scrimmage and then throw him the ball so he is at full speed by the time someone gets to him :bag::bag::bag: