Fitzy almost knocked himself out

Robchester

Not sure how well this may have been relayed to those of you listening on the radio. On the long pass play to Jackson, Fitzy walks up to the line and sees Poz digging in for man to man coverage on Freddy, who is in the left slot. He signals an aidible to a pass play that requires him to smack his helmet with his right hand. He was so excited I thought the trainer was going to have to bring out the smelling salts. As you would expect, Freddy takes him down field and the ball is waiting for him when he gets there. That's what Harvard will do for you (actually the guy next to me saw it develop as well, and I am pretty sure he never wore crimson).

Not sure how well this may have been relayed to those of you listening on the radio. On the long pass play to Jackson, Fitzy walks up to the line and sees Poz digging in for man to man coverage on Freddy, who is in the left slot. He signals an aidible to a pass play that requires him to smack his helmet with his right hand. He was so excited I thought the trainer was going to have to bring out the smelling salts. As you would expect, Freddy takes him down field and the ball is waiting for him when he gets there. That's what Harvard will do for you (actually the guy next to me saw it develop as well, and I am pretty sure he never wore crimson).

That was a great call and a great play.

i thought this thread was gonna be about the wildcat play in the redzone where fitz was sizing up a defender.

i like the out-for-blood attitude, but it makes me nervous when the starting QB is trying to label someone.

i thought the primary benefit of having b smith and the new 3rd QB rule is that fitz doesnt have to be on the field and risk injury blocking... :blink:

i thought this thread was gonna be about the wildcat play in the redzone where fitz was sizing up a defender.

Fitz also threw a great block for Jackson early in the game. Wouldn't have won any big hit awards, but he allowed Jackson to get some positive yards on the play.

I thought there was an interesting discourse here the other day about Fitz's "lack of awareness". <_<

I was thinking the same thing. Its not his awareness, its the o line that needs to be aware. The way the o line played allowed him to gun it around the field. Great show by the first offense. Fitz didnt eay dirt once.

i like the out-for-blood attitude, but it makes me nervous when the starting QB is trying to label someone.

Somewhere, Jim Kelly, the ol' QB in a LB's body, is smiling...