Hurricane Irene

both in real damage and political.

If it does what is predicted at this moment NY is shut down for awhile as are other large metro areas.

I'll just be waiting for the first con to blame Obama. The response no matter what happens is going to be sooo predictable from the right.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it does what is predicted at this moment NY is shut down for awhile as are other large metro areas.

I'll just be waiting for the first con to blame Obama. The response no matter what happens is going to be sooo predictable from the right.

Like you guys jumped all over Bush?

I love how all the attention is focused on NY, DC, Philly, and the North East. But where's the concern for Hampton Roads and the Carolinas? Gonna hit here alot harder than up there. Or do you just not care about Redstaters?

Edited by /dev/null

I love how all the attention is focused on NY, DC, Philly, and the North East. But where's the concern for Hampton Roads and the Carolinas? Gonna hit here alot harder than up there. Or do you just not care about Redstaters?

Yes, it looks like the Outer Banks will get hammered by Irene. We were just in Kitty Hawk at the beginning of August on vacation. :(

You realize Dems blamed bush for katrina

Do they have four seasons on the planet you come from?

Yes, it looks like the Outer Banks will get hammered by Irene. We were just in Kitty Hawk at the beginning of August on vacation. :(

The Outer Banks always get hammered. But Long Island...that's unusual.

I have no doubt that Obama's response to the storm will be excellent, given that it's going to hit high-unemployment blue states that form the core of his support. :rolleyes:

(Note to Dave: That was a joke, you idiot.)

Let's hope that we don't have another "Fugate's doing a heck of a job" moment.

At least the local governments seem better prepared, and you can't discount the effect of 24/7 weather panic TV coverage.

Let's hope that we don't have another "Fugate's doing a heck of a job" moment.

At least the local governments seem better prepared, and you can't discount the effect of 24/7 weather panic TV coverage.

NORCOM is already coordinating with FEMA to provide transport assets for recovery.

Can't wait for the "See how much better Obama is than Bush!" response to that...even though it has ****-all to do with either.

NORCOM is already coordinating with FEMA to provide transport assets for recovery.

Can't wait for the "See how much better Obama is than Bush!" response to that...even though it has ****-all to do with either.

Disaster response will be completely different as you won't be rescuing people across a 1ksm delta flood plain. The power grid & sewage will be a much bigger issue in this one.

Disaster response will be completely different as you won't be rescuing people across a 1ksm delta flood plain. The power grid & sewage will be a much bigger issue in this one.

Helps that they've already got the pallets of water loaded on the C-17s.

Just waiting for a time next week when the last remnants of Irene are fizzling out over Nova Scotia or somewhere and all the nutball media from Fox to Rush, followed by the pols from Cantor to the Boner reflexively condemning any response.

You can tell because the right has been itxhing for this moment ever since the federal governments response to Katrina cost thousands of lifes. There is no other way to spin that one. While it's doubtful the amount of lifes lost in the nation's most populous region as their was in Katrina look for the right to really blow this out of proportion. Hell these idiots even blamed Obama for the earthquake. No joke.

North Carolina and Virginia are red states? Ha ha I know it pains many here to be asked that question.

You can tell because the right has been itxhing for this moment ever since the federal governments response to Katrina cost thousands of lifes. There is no other way to spin that one. While it's doubtful the amount of lifes lost in the nation's most populous region as their was in Katrina look for the right to really blow this out of proportion. Hell these idiots even blamed Obama for the earthquake. No joke.

In case you haven't noticed, the big difference between the two is that the state & local governments are a lot more involved now. If you want to blame anybody for the thousands of lives in Katrina (was it thousands?) look at the locals & states in LA, AL, MS. By the time feds come in, it's too late.

In case you haven't noticed, the big difference between the two is that the state & local governments are a lot more involved now. If you want to blame anybody for the thousands of lives in Katrina (was it thousands?) look at the locals & states in LA, AL, MS. By the time feds come in, it's too late.

More to the point: Hedd, you think disaster response is a partisan political issue?

!@#$in' whack-job.

And plenty of these things coming out to say hello!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/08/25/2011-08-25_giant_rat_killed_by_pitchfork_in_marcy_houses_is_believed_to_be_.html

The federal response was there five days before any of the survivors received any food or water.....five days!

More to the point: Hedd, you think disaster response is a partisan political issue?

!@#$in' whack-job.

more to the point Tom....I love you.

And plenty of these things coming out to say hello!!

My Gawd that sucka could eat a newborn!

Along those same lines what happens to NYC's mythical Mole People in the event the subway's flooded. Very thought provoking link.

The federal response was there five days before any of the survivors received any food or water.....five days!

Any of the survivors, or just the fabricated ones for the TV cameras?