matt flynn

nuklz2594

if i am not mistaken fitz's contract is up after the season. matt flynn looks awful good. would he be better and cheaper than drafting a qb in the first round? i guess i am wondering if he would survive longer than a rookie if fitz were not re-signed.

if i am not mistaken fitz's contract is up after the season. matt flynn looks awful good. would he be better and cheaper than drafting a qb in the first round? i guess i am wondering if he would survive longer than a rookie if fitz were not re-signed.

Who?

I don't see them taking Pryor. I think our 3 QBs are Fitz, Thigpen and Brad Smith.

It doesn't make sense to waste a pick on Pryor and not have a roster spot for him. I'd hate for them to use a WR roster spot for Smith. We have too many other young WRs to evaluate/develop. The only option seems to be to slide Pryor onto the PS. That seems unlikely, as someone would snag him off waivers.

I will be surprised if we select him in the Supplemental draft tomorrow.

Please, that's all we need is to base another season off an unproven back up. Fitz earned his spot last year, he worked hard over the off season to get ready for this year, give the guy his shot. This is his year, if he produces then we hold on to him as our number one, if not there's a pool of first round level QBs coming up in next year's draft. Chances are we won't have a shot at Luck, but we will have a chance at Jones, Lindley, Tannehill or Barkley who all have tremendous up side. Time to put up or shut up, no more back ups with "an up side".

Please, that's all we need is to base another season off an unproven back up. Fitz earned his spot last year, he worked hard over the off season to get ready for this year, give the guy his shot. This is his year, if he produces then we hold on to him as our number one, if not there's a pool of first round level QBs coming up in next year's draft. Chances are we won't have a shot at Luck, but we will have a chance at Jones, Lindley, Tannehill or Barkley who all have tremendous up side. Time to put up or shut up, no more back ups with "an up side".

Curious why you would say that we won't have a chance at Luck. Unless he returns to school for his senior year, I think we will definitely have a chance at him. The Bills have done nothing to improve from last year (except adding Dareus). I fully expect the Bills to be drafting at the top of the draft order again next year.

The way things are looking, it seems that Thigpen is outplaying Fitzy and Smirh is outplaying them. Needless to say, twe will not win a Superbowl this year. Might as will bring in Pryor and continue the Chan Gaily experimentation.

The Packers are known to be shopping him, but want a 1st rounder. For a back-up who has played in one regular season game, and almost beat the Patriots btw, that's a lot that the Bills can't afford.

I would throw a 3rd rounder out for him. I've seen him, he is good enough for a shot.

Don't forget Kellen Moore either. First game against UGA will tell a lot for him.

Please forget Matt Flynn. For a first rounder??? :lol:

The Packers are known to be shopping him, but want a 1st rounder. For a back-up who has played in one regular season game, and almost beat the Patriots btw, that's a lot that the Bills can't afford.

I would throw a 3rd rounder out for him. I've seen him, he is good enough for a shot.

I haven't heard they are seeking a first, don't doubt you, just amazed they could be that dumb. Flynn has shown promise, but he's a backup who I believe is a UFA next year. The Pack can't afford to franchise him, or really even bluff it. Bottomline, if they got even a third it would be a steal for them, UNLESS, they feel his value this year on a potential championship team with a starter who takes chances is too great to give up for anything less than a steal.

But I think the Bills should be BIG players in the Flynn bidding next offseason.

Edited by DC Grid

Matt Flynn is a 3rd string quarterback, period. If the Bills give up a 5th round pick or better, it will show that management really doesn't know what they're doing.

Funny, he's second string on the world champion packers.