If you're going to San Francisco...

Crazy scene after the Raiders-49ers preseason game last night. Is this a troubling sign of the future? That's two violent stories so far this sports season, and I can't remember this ever happening at the level of violence...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6881597/two-shot-candlestick-park-parking-lot-oakland-raiders-san-francisco-49ers-game

Drunken brawls are one thing.....when lead starts flying.....not a good sign.

Maybe the NFL should tone down the glorifying of the "FANatics" out there in Oakland.

Stop playing up the Black face paint/dress like a idiot fans out in Oakland and their

"Expect pain when you come into our house" mantra. They are obviously taking themselves

too seriously in the bay area.

Drunken brawls are one thing.....when lead starts flying.....not a good sign.

Maybe the NFL should tone down the glorifying of the "FANatics" out there in Oakland.

Stop playing up the Black face paint/dress like a idiot fans out in Oakland and their

"Expect pain when you come into our house" mantra. They are obviously taking themselves

too seriously in the bay area.

San Fran was one of the worst road experiences I've had. I'd imagine Oakland the same. Add the close proximity and rival fans.... I'm not surprised.

This isn't anything new. Obviously the guns are but I wouldn't peg them as the norm suddenly.

Sounds like a battle between the decepticons vs village people.

But seriously there are lots of raider fans who try too hard to fit their reputation and take it too seriously . Any time raiders come to town the fights mullets sex in bathrooms and transformer like costumes are common

Last years trip to San Fran was pretty nasty. I didn't see anything too serious but.... Several incidents of people just indiscriminently knocking food or drinks out of hands, throwing stuff at people, taunting that was definitely crossing the line etc..... I heard about some fights but didn't personally see any.

Probably gangbangers and not the wanna ne tough fan that paints his face

San Fran was one of the worst road experiences I've had. I'd imagine Oakland the same. Add the close proximity and rival fans.... I'm not surprised.

This isn't anything new. Obviously the guns are but I wouldn't peg them as the norm suddenly.

Sounds like a battle between the decepticons vs village people.

But seriously there are lots of raider fans who try too hard to fit their reputation and take it too seriously . Any time raiders come to town the fights mullets sex in bathrooms and transformer like costumes are common

Last years trip to San Fran was pretty nasty. I didn't see anything too serious but.... Several incidents of people just indiscriminently knocking food or drinks out of hands, throwing stuff at people, taunting that was definitely crossing the line etc..... I heard about some fights but didn't personally see any.

In early 2004 I was at the Black Hole flying the Bills colors in a 13-10 loss to the Raiders. There were no incidents that I saw and certainly none that I was involved in.

Later that year I was at Candlestick wearing my Bills stuff when the Bills won their 6th game in a row to get to the brink of the playoffs (they then lost to the Steelers reserves at home in the infamous win and in/Willie Parker game). No problems at "The Stick" either.

I think it must have to do with the surprisingly huge gang culture which exists in California… and I'm wondering if that was a factor earlier this year when the SF Giants fan was beaten into critical condition at a Giants-Dodgers game at Chavez Ravine.

There are tons of gangs out here.

Crazy scene after the Raiders-49ers preseason game last night. Is this a troubling sign of the future? That's two violent stories so far this sports season, and I can't remember this ever happening at the level of violence...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6881597/two-shot-candlestick-park-parking-lot-oakland-raiders-san-francisco-49ers-game

No just in San Fran.

In early 2004 I was at the Black Hole flying the Bills colors in a 13-10 loss to the Raiders. There were no incidents that I saw and certainly none that I was involved in.

Later that year I was at Candlestick wearing my Bills stuff when the Bills won their 6th game in a row to get to the brink of the playoffs (they then lost to the Steelers reserves at home in the infamous win and in/Willie Parker game). No problems at "The Stick" either.

I think it must have to do with the surprisingly huge gang culture which exists in California… and I'm wondering if that was a factor earlier this year when the SF Giants fan was beaten into critical condition at a Giants-Dodgers game at Chavez Ravine.

There are tons of gangs out here.

I heard that aspect mentioned in a lot of feedback about the weekend. I can't speak to it much, but I did hear it A LOT. It was the only road weekend people seemed to have stories about, and almost anyone I talked to had a lot of negativity about the home crowd. You expect some ribbing on the road, but playful.