Patriots

Pat Moran just told me that Roger Goodell is calling off the 2011 season and just crowning the Patriots* champs based on their two preseason games. If they put up 40 in their next game Goodell will make them 2012 champs as well.

PTR

Pat Moran just told me that Roger Goodell is calling off the 2011 season and just crowning the Patriots* champs based on their two preseason games. If they put up 40 in their next game Goodell will make them 2012 champs as well.

PTR

No. It's just humorous that the majority of posters think that Brady and the Pats are bound for an epic collapse this year. Or that the Dolphins will finish with 3-4 wins. I just don't get it. Hope I'm wrong.

No. It's just humorous that the majority of posters think that Brady and the Pats are bound for an epic collapse this year. Or that the Dolphins will finish with 3-4 wins. I just don't get it. Hope I'm wrong.

I have been guilty of posting things like that in the past. On paper, I was right. The problem is: even when you correctly identify a problem with the Pats, and even when it plays out as you said...they find a way to overcome it with something else.

For example: I said the Pats LB were too old, (and I was especially right about Adalius Thomas...so blow that out your ass) and that their defense wouldn't be anywhere near as good. I was right. So, the Pats go out and sign Randy Moss and suddenly start scoring 40 points a game...making the fact that I was right...irrelevant. :wallbash: In every statistical category, the Pats defense was worse. In many cases worse than non-playoff teams. But, suddenly they turn into the Colts and every game is a track meet.???? WTF? Bah! :sick:

This year's example: The Pats do not have a good pass rush. That is a fact. Now, let's see how they compensate. Right now, it appears they will compensate by scoring TDs at a rate of 3 a quarter. They will have to, because, they don't have a good pass rush. What about teams with a good pass rush that can mitigate their passing game? How will the Pats beat them? My guess for "thing I didn't see coming" is: this year the Pats will suddenly be able to run the ball like the Bill Cowher Steelers.

I have been guilty of posting things like that in the past. On paper, I was right. The problem is: even when you correctly identify a problem with the Pats, and even when it plays out as you said...they find a way to overcome it with something else.

For example: I said the Pats LB were too old, (and I was especially right about Adalius Thomas...so blow that out your ass) and that their defense wouldn't be anywhere near as good. I was right. So, the Pats go out and sign Randy Moss and suddenly start scoring 40 points a game...making the fact that I was right...irrelevant. :wallbash: In every statistical category, the Pats defense was worse. In many cases worse than non-playoff teams. But, suddenly they turn into the Colts and every game is a track meet.???? WTF? Bah! :sick:

This year's example: The Pats do not have a good pass rush. That is a fact. Now, let's see how they compensate. Right now, it appears they will compensate by scoring TDs at a rate of 3 a quarter. They will have to, because, they don't have a good pass rush. What about teams with a good pass rush that can mitigate their passing game? How will the Pats beat them? My guess for "thing I didn't see coming" is: this year the Pats will suddenly be able to run the ball like the Bill Cowher Steelers.

Now, I know last night was a preseason game and all, but to me they appeared very much to have a pass rush. Their DE's made made the Bucs left tackle look like a turnstile. Freeman had absolutely no time to get comfortable in the pocket.

Now, I know last night was a preseason game and all, but to me they appeared very much to have a pass rush. Their DE's made made the Bucs left tackle look like a turnstile. Freeman had absolutely no time to get comfortable in the pocket.

I said good pass rush. Not sure I would be using the Bucs as a precise tool for measurement. Just like I wouldn't be using the Bears as one for us either. We'll see....but my guess is that we will be able to throw effectively on the Pats this year. And we'll see what they do that makes that unimportant. :wallbash:

I said good pass rush. Not sure I would be using the Bucs as a precise tool for measurement. Just like I wouldn't be using the Bears as one for us either. We'll see....but my guess is that we will be able to throw effectively on the Pats this year. And we'll see what they do that makes that unimportant. :wallbash:

Yea, the Bucs are by no means a tool to judge by. Just was something that was really effective when I was watching.

They look like an offensive machine. Defense will not need to be great. Brady just sits back and surveys the field, timing, rythem, it's disgusting. Only can hope to dismember Brady, that's the only way to kill it.

He has won as many superbowls and has been in one more. :nana:

Yes, nothing like throwing that winning TD to win the SB...oh wait, that was Montana. Brady's Defense and the kicker won the SBs he...happened to play in/managed. He has been much better since then, but please, using the SBs where he wasn't even the best player on his team, never mind in the game, is silly.

Yes, nothing like throwing that winning TD to win the SB...oh wait, that was Montana. Brady's Defense and the kicker won the SBs he...happened to play in/managed. He has been much better since then, but please, using the SBs where he wasn't even the best player on his team, never mind in the game, is silly.

Is this AKC? I thought he no longer posted here? The old Vinatieri means more to his team than Brady theory. :lol: I know Brady owning the Bills for the last decade has sucked, but at least try to be objective when having a discussion about him.