Who said Peyton wasnt any good?

crackur

Ahh, yet more of the masses fooled by Tin Man-ning.   As a particularly asute poster on another board mentioned, it was a playoff-like atmosphere in Indy last night, which explains why PeyTin only had one touchdown.

:D

168773[/snapback]

The Colts won, didn't they? So now Peyton is being graded solely on how many TDs he throws? You Pats fans sure understand the game of football! You guys are hilarious in your hatred of all things Peyton. Actually, hilarious isn't the proper word, pathetic is more accurate. You guys can't even acknowledge great QB play when you see it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colts won, didn't they?  So now Peyton is being graded solely on how many TDs he throws?  You Pats fans sure understand the game of football!  You guys fans are hilarious in your hatred of all things Peyton.  Actually, hilarious isn't the proper word, pathetic is more accurate.  You guys can't even acknowledge great QB play when you see it.

168783[/snapback]

God forbid someone other than Brady is getting the gratuitous media rimjob.

Don't worry, girls. I'm sure Al Michaels and John Madden are putting chapstick on right now to get ready for tonight's on-schedule Tom Brady asslicking.

Ahh, yet more of the masses fooled by Tin Man-ning.  As a particularly asute poster on another board mentioned, it was a playoff-like atmosphere in Indy last night, which explains why PeyTin only had one touchdown.

are you joking? Your team is the king of "getting the w is all that matters" and now your complaining he didn't score enough td's?

what a joke.

Ahh, yet more of the masses fooled by Tin Man-ning.  As a particularly asute poster on another board mentioned, it was a playoff-like atmosphere in Indy last night, which explains why PeyTin only had one touchdown.

168773[/snapback]

Exactly. I look for him to come down with Marino-itis yet again come playoff time. :D

Some of you lap dogs on this board sure are funny. Despise Marino, but you're ready to get on all fours to give the Tin Manning a thourough scrote-scrubbing. No way, no how does Indy a AFC title, never mind a Super Bowl.

Are the Tin Man's #'s impressive? Yes.

So were Dan Marino's.

*Yawn*

Actually, no he's not.  Peyton has 3 play calls (given to him by Moore) that he can give at the line of scrimmage, 2 passes and 1 run.  He reads the D and calls one of those 3 plays based on how the D is lined up.  It’s generally a good idea to know what you're talking about before you start calling for people to "pull their heads out of their ass". 

None of this, however, diminishes what Peyton does out there on the field.  He might just be the most intelligent (in terms of football smarts) QB the NFL has ever seen.

168763[/snapback]

Thank you. The idea that Manning calls his own plays is a lie that if repeated often enough everyone believes it. Calling Manning the de facto OC is an insult to Tom Moore, who has done an excellent job this year. Give the guy some props.

Like any QB, a very good defense which disguises its coverages gives Manning problems. He's great, but lets have some perspective.

Some of you lap dogs on this board sure are funny.  Despise Marino, but you're ready to get on all fours to give the Tin Manning a thourough scrote-scrubbing.  No way, no how does Indy a AFC title, never mind a Super Bowl. 

Are the Tin Man's #'s impressive?  Yes. 

So were Dan Marino's. 

*Yawn*

168806[/snapback]

So there is no way Manning will ever win a Super Bowl, thats been decided? I guess 28 years old is over the hill for him, hes clearly on the downside of his career :D

So there is no way Manning will ever win a Super Bowl, thats been decided?  I guess 28 years old is over the hill for him, hes clearly on the downside of his career  :D

168815[/snapback]

Let me turn it around: Would you invest a penny on Indy winning a wildcard game (maybe against the Bills?), then going to Pittsburgh and then Foxboro to win the AFC?

Ain't happening.

Your D will give him fits in the wildcard game. Tin Man is good, don't misunderstand me, but the Colts are not winning anything.

Yeah, Peyton played horribly in last season's playoffs.... :D

168819[/snapback]

Against Kansas City and Denver... :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

He went into the fetal position in Foxboro. :)

Were you guys ever REALLY worried about beating the Dolphins in the playoffs?

That's how Patriot fans feel about the Colts.

Manning is a great regular season QB who will set records galore.

But he's a choker come playoffs which means he'll retire like marino without a ring.

Let me turn it around:  Would you invest a penny on Indy winning a wildcard game (maybe against the Bills?), then going to Pittsburgh and then Foxboro to win the AFC? 

Ain't happening.

Your D will give him fits in the wildcard game.   Tin Man is good, don't misunderstand me, but the Colts are not winning anything.

168826[/snapback]

I'd agree they're not winning anything, not without home field. But the reason they're not winning anything has little to do with their offense. If/when they lose to the Steelers, Pats, or whoever, the score will be something like 33-27. One can argue that Peyton's contract (along with Harrison’s) makes it impossible for the team to field a D good enough to get the job done, but that doesn't mean the guy isn't a fantastic QB.

Let me turn it around:  Would you invest a penny on Indy winning a wildcard game (maybe against the Bills?), then going to Pittsburgh and then Foxboro to win the AFC? 

Ain't happening.

Your D will give him fits in the wildcard game.  Tin Man is good, don't misunderstand me, but the Colts are not winning anything.

168826[/snapback]

In all honestyl, I dont have much faith in the Bills defense against the Colts...Buffalo defense is very good, but I stop short at calling them great because they havent shown an ability to shutdown an elite offense. New England Sunday night???

I think the Colts would get to the AFC Title game at NE with a 30-35 percent chance of winning IMO.

168826[/snapback]

I will use the same strategy that I have used with him and Marino in the past:

If at first you bet on Manning to lose & don't succeed,

bet, bet again, significantly increasing the amount.

That extra $$$ always comes in handy after the holidays. :D

Yep.  Its been decided.  Keep being influenced by punk sportscasters and writers.

168841[/snapback]

No need to listen to broadcasters. Just check out his playoff performances. And specifically his last one when he finally saw a real NFL defense in the playoffs.

No need to listen to broadcasters.  Just check out his playoff performances.  And specifically his last one when he finally saw a real NFL defense in the playoffs.

168851[/snapback]

Im not a huge Peyton lover myself, but again, I did not realize a career was labeled at 28 years old. Guess Ill have to change my thinking :D

Im not a huge Peyton lover myself, but again, I did not realize a career was labeled at 28 years old.  Guess Ill have to change my thinking   :D

168858[/snapback]

I think the point is we shouldn't assume a great player is going to win something just because he has a lot of years left. Marino taught us that. Assuming he'll win is just as flawed as assuming he won't. No guarantees, especially with the cap. Sometimes they eventually get there (Elway), sometimes they never can (Tarkenton, Marino, Kelly)

Put me down as a skeptic until I'm proven wrong. I think it's a reasonable position to be in.

Im not a huge Peyton lover myself, but again, I did not realize a career was labeled at 28 years old.  Guess Ill have to change my thinking  :D

168858[/snapback]

C'mon - that's not what we're saying and you know it!

Let's debate the point - I never get tired of being right. :D

Foxboro Mike ... to win a SB you have to have at least a decent defense. THE COLTS DONT HAVE THAT!

It is NOT Peyton's fault that there defense gives up 30 points game! Also wasnt his fault that Vanderjagt missed the game tying field goal week 1 that Peyton drove to get.

I know Peyton is amazing but he cant play offense, defense, and special teams. Nor can he be the GM and sign good defensive players.

AND DONT EVEN BRING UP THE AFC CHAMP GAME LAST YEAR - THAT WAS THE WORST OFFICIATING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. THAT WAS WORSE THAN THE MUSIC CITY MIRACLE.

Harrison was getting raped before the ball left Mannings hands. I have friends who were Patsies fans and they were laughing about the stuff that Ty Law, and company were getting away with.

Heres a tip: If you knock the reciever over, then the QB isnt affective - jee wiz einstein - maybe theres a rule against that.