Friendly reminder

nemhoff

I know that this was kicked around a while ago, but I just made my annual call to DTV to get my $150 off the NFL package. Got more than I bargained for. I talked to the customer retention department, just ask for them first thing. Told them that I was considering not only cancelling my NFL but going to Comcast altogether. They made the first offer, and I told them that I have Comcast in front of me and can get it for much cheaper.

They took off my HD charge for a year

They gave me movie channels for a month

They gave me the NFL package for free

5 minute call to save $400 this year, worth a shot

Good to hear. I called a few weeks ago and got what I thought was an insulting offer given I have been a 9 year loyal customer and reading what people have been saying they got on here. I'm calling back and going the full service cancel route. I only have direct tv for Sunday ticket anyway and I will cancel the whole shebang and go with Time Warner if they dont give me a good deal. Times are tough, need to drive a hard bargain!

if ya have an iPhone or other phone that streams 97 rock ya get the radio feed for the games. came in handy for me last year when I wasnt in the car with sirius radio.

Good to hear. I called a few weeks ago and got what I thought was an insulting offer given I have been a 9 year loyal customer and reading what people have been saying they got on here. I'm calling back and going the full service cancel route. I only have direct tv for Sunday ticket anyway and I will cancel the whole shebang and go with Time Warner if they dont give me a good deal. Times are tough, need to drive a hard bargain!

just call back ya might have to try retention route or some have suggested saying ur moving getting the deal of 0$ for ST than a few weeks later cancel the move

if ya have an iPhone or other phone that streams 97 rock ya get the radio feed for the games. came in handy for me last year when I wasnt in the car with sirius radio.

just call back ya might have to try retention route or some have suggested saying ur moving getting the deal of 0$ for ST than a few weeks later cancel the move

I installed the app for 97 rock for the game on Saturday. It is FREE!! It was GREAT!!!

I was able to keep up with the game while walking and doing some projects around the house.

FWIW right now DTV is advertising free Sunday Ticket with a 2 year subscription. They also offer 3 months of free movie channels. And $10/month off if you are recomended by another DTV customer and if your the customer that did the recomendIng. I've known people to prectically get free DTV with all the referals they give.

I appreciate this. I'll try it. I'm seriously contemplating not buying the ticket this year.

Dave, I was pretty pissed at the NFL this year, and considered dropping Sunday Ticket if I had to pay $324 for it.

So, I called and they offered me some deals. Eventually, I got it for $168, plus To Go and the other thing for free.

I'm happy to have ST again, just in time for the heartburn many Bills fans get every Sunday.

Game time is 10 AM here in Arizona, so it's breakfast interruptus when the game starts.