Chan Gailey/Does more with less

Its no secret that Chan Gailey is a very creative, football savvy coach capable of accomplishing more with less. My question is, does there come a point when Gaileys exceptional innovative skills actual works against him and the team when it comes to accomplishing the ultimate goal,winning a Championship. Gailey can take no name WR's and turn them into stars, Stevie Johnson is a good example. Now I'm not saying Johnson's not a good athlete because he is, but I am saying without Chan Gailey coordinating the offense Johnson is just another average WR in the NFL. Career backup, Ryan Fitzpatrick is another good example. In all probability Fitzpatrick is about to have the best season of his career as a starting signal caller in the NFL. The Bills O-line is another good example, in my opinion the Bills O-line is in the top 5 worse O-lines in the league. On the other hand, Chan Gailey will take our current below average O-line and he's going to disguise it with exceptional scheming/ play calling and win football games.

Gailey can do more with less, no doubt about it, but my question to Buddy Nix is, can you be Football savvy enough to realize that with better talent accross the board on Offense and a good defense backing them up, Chan Gailey and the Buffalo Bills could win a Championship.

Some guys do more with less, but can't do more with more. Jauron was like that; could squeeze 7 wins out of a 3 win team. I wonder how Gailey would do with a stocked roster...

Chan Gailey's loyalty to his players and his ability to make more out of less may prevent that from ever happening JR In Ann Arbor.

Some guys do more with less, but can't do more with more. Jauron was like that; could squeeze 7 wins out of a 3 win team. I wonder how Gailey would do with a stocked roster...

I have wondered about this as well. I don't think Chan rates in Belicheats category, but he certainly may surprise plenty of people if the Bills build onto a core of competent and quality people. He does have an ability to get the most out of what he has to work with.

I'd rather have a Chan Gailey type versus a coach who can *only* be competitive with a stocked roster like Mike Shanahan.

It says something about a mans sense of loyalty and character in my opinion. Chan Gailey is going to coach all of his players to the best of his ability, find out what they each have to offer, and expand upon it. Gailey has the mind set, lets worry more about the guys we have and what we can do,

and worry less about what we don't have and can't do...

Its no secret that Chan Gailey is a very creative, football savvy coach capable of accomplishing more with less. My question is, does there come a point when Gaileys exceptional innovative skills actual works against him and the team when it comes to accomplishing the ultimate goal,winning a Championship. Gailey can take no name WR's and turn them into stars, Stevie Johnson is a good example. Now I'm not saying Johnson's not a good athlete because he is, but I am saying without Chan Gailey coordinating the offense Johnson is just another average WR in the NFL. Career backup, Ryan Fitzpatrick is another good example. In all probability Fitzpatrick is about to have the best season of his career as a starting signal caller in the NFL. The Bills O-line is another good example, in my opinion the Bills O-line is in the top 5 worse O-lines in the league. On the other hand, Chan Gailey will take our current below average O-line and he's going to disguise it with exceptional scheming/ play calling and win football games.

Gailey can do more with less, no doubt about it, but my question to Buddy Nix is, can you be Football savvy enough to realize that with better talent accross the board on Offense and a good defense backing them up, Chan Gailey and the Buffalo Bills could win a Championship.

I'm not concerned with his doing more with less. I want him to do even more with more (OT). Why should he have to peddle uphill all the time?

I'm just not sold on all this Chan Gailey talk that he's a good coach. To me, he still hasn't proven he's an upgrade from Perry Fewell. All the people who think he improved Fitzpatrick really need to watch the games Fitzpatrick played in 2009 and then reevaluate if Fitzpatrick is any better under Gailey than he was under Fewell. The stats may look a little better, but visually, he's the same guy. I'll tell you one thing-Fewell would have never gone into 2010 with Edwards ahead of Fitzpatrick on the depth chart.

Any coach who takes over a team and goes negative 2 games with them has to be considered a question mark until he gets them better than when he got here. He didn't last year & I doubt he'll get over 6 wins this year either.

I'm just not sold on all this Chan Gailey talk that he's a good coach. To me, he still hasn't proven he's an upgrade from Perry Fewell. All the people who think he improved Fitzpatrick really need to watch the games Fitzpatrick played in 2009 and then reevaluate if Fitzpatrick is any better under Gailey than he was under Fewell. The stats may look a little better, but visually, he's the same guy. I'll tell you one thing-Fewell would have never gone into 2010 with Edwards ahead of Fitzpatrick on the depth chart.

Any coach who takes over a team and goes negative 2 games with them has to be considered a question mark until he gets them better than when he got here. He didn't last year & I doubt he'll get over 6 wins this year either.

If you haven't noticed any improvement in the Bills Offense since Gailey took over then I'm wasting my time trying to convince you otherwise.

I'm not concerned with his doing more with less. I want him to do even more with more (OT). Why should he have to peddle uphill all the time?

I agree ball of Beer, Lets give Chan Gailey some real talent to work with and see what he does with it

Edited by Fig Newton