VA Bills fans.

Dr. Fong

I'll be attending the home opener. This is the first time since JP Losman made his debut. Heck now that I think of it I flew that time. So it's probably been about ten years since I've driven up to Buffalo. Which route do you guys take? I'm down in Chesapeake. If I remember correct I think it takes about 11 hours. Does that sound right to you?

Edited by Dr. Fong

I'll be attending the home opener. This is the first time since JP Losman made his debut. Heck now that I think of it I flew that time. So it's probably been about ten years since I've driven up to Buffalo. Which route do you guys take? I'm down in Chesapeake. If I remember correct I think it takes about 11 hours. Does that sound right to you?

My first option would be Southwest out of Norfolk!! I have reservations for two games this year out of BWI, both roudtrips less than $150..even with two people thats not much more expensive than driving.

If you are going to drive, my preferred route is

70/76

Hit up LV Bills, he is from Richmond as well and drives to plenty of games..would trust he knows with certainty best way to go

My first option would be Southwest out of Norfolk!! I have reservations for two games this year out of BWI, both roudtrips less than $150..even with two people thats not much more expensive than driving.

If you are going to drive, my preferred route is

70/76

Hit up LV Bills, he is from Richmond as well and drives to plenty of games..would trust he knows with certainty best way to go

Yeah flying would be my choice as well but with three of us that's not a cheap option (It'd cost us $884 actually). That route looks like the one I'm going to take. I used to do that route with the only variation being going through DC instead of going 17, but based on looking at the map there isn't much point in braving the DC traffic.

Edited by Dr. Fong

I-64 to RIC

I-295N to I-95N

I-95N to Prince William PKY- just N of Quantico VA.

Prince William PKY W to I-66W (This misses all the I-495 DC Traffic)

I-66W to I-81N to Harrisburg PA (OR I-66 to US15N to Harrisburg) US15 is 2 lanes from Leesburg VA to Point of Rocks MD-traffic can be heavy there!

US15 N to I-390 at Corning

I-390 to US20A.

You're right about 11 hours. Definately fill up before you leave PA. US15 has improved over the years. Many spots are Interstate (I-99) now.

Really, there's no great time-saving way to go. There's only so many ways to cross the Mountains in PA. If you take the PA Turnpike from Breezewood PA to PIT and then I-87 N to Erie, you have heavy traffic, tools, and no time saving, but that's also an option.

I hope, after all this, that the BILLS WIN!

I-64 to RIC

I-295N to I-95N

I-95N to Prince William PKY- just N of Quantico VA.Prince William PKY W to I-66W (This misses all the I-495 DC Traffic)

I-66W to I-81N to Harrisburg PA (OR I-66 to US15N to Harrisburg) US15 is 2 lanes from Leesburg VA to Point of Rocks MD-traffic can be heavy there!

I-390 to US20A.

You're right about 11 hours. Definately fill up before you leave PA. US15 has improved over the years. Many spots are Interstate (I-99) now.

Really, there's no great time-saving way to go. There's only so many ways to cross the Mountains in PA. If you take the PA Turnpike from Breezewood PA to PIT and then I-87 N to Erie, you have heavy traffic, tools, and no time saving, but that's also an option.

Going all the way to 234 would add at least 30 extra miles to the trip..go 17. Also, the construction on the lexus lanes on the Beltway from 95 through Tysons makes that a gamble at any time now..

I-64 to RIC

I-295N to I-95N

I-95N to Prince William PKY- just N of Quantico VA.

Prince William PKY W to I-66W (This misses all the I-495 DC Traffic)

I-390 to US20A.

If you take 390 up, get off on 63, I believe it's Mount Morris, and take that to 20A. Taking 390 all the way to 20A in Geneseo adds about 20-30 minutes.

And the worst part of 15 - around Harrisburg - can be avoided rather easily by taking 581 into Harrisburg and catching 22.

When I first moved down here, 15 was a horror (I once witnessed a fatal two-car accident somewhere between Liberty and Blossburg). The new interstate is much safer.