Bell Out - Wang In

box0life

If Wang starts the season they better call a ton of roll outs to the right.

Pears will surprise, LT not so much.

We don't know what Wang can do yet, but if this was the regular season, I think they might switch Levitre to LT and replace him in the starting line-up with their best interior line back-up (Hangartner?). I vaguely recall that Levitre pulled some LT duty as an emergency regular season injury replacement somewhere along the way, and did OK. Can't remember who it was against, though.

In the preseason, when you are trying to build cohesion of the OL, and if you expect Bell to be back soon anyway, you don't make the double switch. You see what Wang can do - - because sooner or later you have to see if he can play OT.

Just my 2 cents.

Guess who is the starting LT for the AFC Champion Steelers...Jonathan Scott..the guy who sucked here twos seasons ago...They kept him instead of Starks, who everyone is clamoring for here.

As soon as Wang makes the starting O-Line I am buying his Jersey. I'll probably get better response than when I rocked my Sabres Satan jersey in high school.

Perhaps, and let's hope, this is nudges Nix to move on getting at least one serviceable backup LT, or swing tackle. That position, and the lack of addressing it, is to me the most glaring weakness of Nix's run so far. It's almost stubborn, or down right self sabotaging to go into this season without NFL caliber backups at the most necessary of positions on the line. Are they that "set in their ways" to mortgage an entire season on the odds of Bell staying healthy all or most of the year?

It would be even better if they had at least 1 NFL caliber starting OT on the roster

I really have serious concerns with our offensive tackles. Bell is now hurt and out a for a few days, but if he goes down during the season we have no legitimate backups at LT. Hell all of our RT's are below average so it doesn't matter who we play there. I really hope our front office doesn't allow this year to be wasted because our offensive line can't get the job done. If the o-line doesn't do its job, all these skill players are a waste. The Bears game, we'll probably be starting Wang at LT. That really helps are first team offense get a good start in the preseason. Yikes.

Shouldn't it be if the Levitre goes in the Wood and Wang come out?